Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Hygrometer Question
    #6504969 -

I am currently calibrating my hygrometer according to the tek. I probably used 2tsp in the cap (measured it by eye) and then dampened it. If I used more salt than the tek specified, will I still get the accurate results of 75% humidity? Thanks for the help.


--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^


--------------------------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometer Question [Re: trippindad82]
    #6504978 -

The amount of salt is inconsequential, as long as it's damp.

Salt regulates a 75% humidity. Doesn't matter how much you use, as long as you don't drown the salt in water.

I haven't read the tek, but in case it doesn't mention - keep the bag away from drafts and heat sources. You want the temperature to be fairly constant and uniform, for most accurate results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometer Question [Re: trippindad82]
    #6504981 -

It's much easier to simply wrap the hygrometer up in a damp towel for an hour, then unwrap and adjust so it reads 98%.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometer Question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6505478 -

Thank you guys very much. This damn things was off by 22deg. Cheap ass pet store hygrometer. Hopefully it's accurate now.


--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^


--------------------------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* digital thermometer/hygrometer question shroombucket 1,351 10 05/31/03 10:28 AM
by dog
* Humidity / hygrometer question Shtoops 1,559 4 10/31/02 01:20 AM
by Magash
* a few quick questions about humidity toadstool82 1,524 5 07/02/02 05:52 PM
by GreyMatter
* Checking Your Hygrometer Calibration Nighted 2,544 2 02/26/02 06:24 AM
by cookiewhore
* Hygrometers, and the D.I.Y. ethic KingCobWeb 2,481 7 11/23/02 02:57 PM
by joeshitragpicker
* Hygrometers
( 1 2 all )
Zwieback0 2,913 21 09/21/02 12:15 AM
by CoolMojo
* Digital Hygrometer+ Analog. which is right? Mdubya 1,670 3 12/10/02 03:47 PM
by cheesenoonions
* Question about reptile humidity gauges.. its420 2,543 14 11/26/01 02:45 AM
by coprolalia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
672 topic views. 15 members, 66 guests and 199 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.