Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
My new suburban :)
    #6444838 - 01/10/07 11:08 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, its pretty nice, i just bought it to re-sell it after it gets converted over to Vegetable oil, or some other alt fuel....

its a beater, rusty but trusty like the day is long :smile:

i have to go take it to the mechanic, see if they think anything is wrong with it, and then im going to go offroading somewhere, because this bad boy is a 4x4 :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: My new suburban :) [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6444866 - 01/10/07 11:13 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Is it diesel? I used to drive around a suburban for work, but it took regular. I wished it was mine. I had to pull a minivan out of the mud once. Just hooked up a chain and got the guy out but then he smashed the back of the suburban. Not a scratch on the suburban but the bumper of the minivan was all smashed in. He was just happy to get towed out for free because he's an idiot and was trespassing.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6444886 - 01/10/07 11:18 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Your posts actually got me thinking, hey I have always wanted to drive a veggie oil car. And from what I understand... All diesel engines can be run of VEGGIE oil. (veggie oil :stoned: not diesel on diesel )
But I am not sure, I really haven't read about it allot. So if it does take conversion, how hard is it??
(I wonder if I could find a motorbike that runs on diesel?, they I could ride around on a veggie oil cycle, thats so cool!)

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/10/07 03:01 PM)

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: My new suburban :) [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6444919 - 01/10/07 11:25 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
    #6444924 - 01/10/07 11:27 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I talked to some guys in a band called The Constants one night after a show... They rode in a veggie powered school bus... they said the conversion can cost you from about 500$-1500$.

Worth it though considering you can just use the old dirty oil from fast food places.. aka free fuel.

Good choice on the suburban zippoz... those things are fucking tanks.

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#6444932 - 01/10/07 11:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

oh yeah, its a diesel :smile: 6.2 L v8 over 225,000 miles and still running like a top :smile:

same engine i used to have in my box truck, and same engine that is in military and NATO k-5 blazers as well as military humvees :smile:

as for converting to vegetable oil, there are a million ways to do it.
you could go buy a kit from either of the 2 leading companies...
www.greasecar.com -$800
www.frybrid.com -$2000 ( this company is a ripoff with shitty customer service btw)

or you could go make your own biodiesel....

the thing is this. the origonal diesel engine was designed to run on peanut oil, long before the discovery of diesel fuel in the middle east.

now a days diesel engines can still run on vegetable oil, but there is a problem. Vegetable oil is much thicker than diesel, it has a higher Viscosity (another word for thickness)

now, the best way to lower viscosity of vegetable oil in a car is through heating it, the hotter it gets the more viscious it gets. If its too thick, it will clog your engine and not burn right, which will eventually cost you a engine.

there are also other options, like blending diesel with vegetable oil. running 10% vegetable oil with diesel is usually fine even in the coldest of winters, and in the summer you can go as high as 75% vegetable oil.

as for the motorcycle, there arent any avaliable, you would have to build it, good luck with that

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: My new suburban :) [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #6444940 - 01/10/07 11:30 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i should also mention that the prices for those kits is jusst the kit price, you have to have it installed, i offer the service for $1500 all said and done, because it is alot of work.

you have to divert the coolant flow, fuel flow, and add electronics which have to go all over the damn place.

the fastest install (which i might hold the record for) took me 7 hours, and that was at a break neck speed with no breaks...

--------------------
PEACE

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#6445021 - 01/10/07 11:45 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"add boomark"
"OK"

COOL! :laugh: Thanks. Its nice to get a head start from someone that knows what they are talking about. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#6445053 - 01/10/07 11:53 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah if you ever need help, please let me know :smile:

there is also a little photo tour of me making home brew biodiesel in a 2 liter bottle aka the dr. pepper tek which is avaliable over at the infopop biodiesel discussion board, pioneered by a nice gal named tilly.

edit heres the link for making the bio-d
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/719605551/m/857600061/p/1

this is the link where i made some with that tek, lots of nice pictures :smile:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6078204#6078204

i actually used that bio-d to run my car too :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

Edited by Capatalistc nomad (01/10/07 11:54 AM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#6445092 - 01/10/07 12:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Goal: Drive around on veggie fuel by summer. :laugh:
Thanks, and I will ask if I need some help.  I will most likely need some :wink: :lol:
Also...
everyone PLEASE READ,MYCELIUM RUNNING!!!

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#6445121 - 01/10/07 12:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
everyone PLEASE READ,MYCELIUM RUNNING!!!

How 'bout No,fancy pants...

thats a cool Truck Zip,love the rust,hah...I'm about to get a Chevy with either the 6.2 or the 6.5 turbo diesel.

I may have to look into this kinda thing as a side project,as if i don't have enough laying around already.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: My new suburban :) [Re: CaptainH13]
    #6445158 - 01/10/07 12:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ok your loss, and if you cant read a whole book, dont bother wasting the paper on yourself. But............

EVERYONE READ MYCELIUM RUNNING!!!
Staments is the fucking man, don't even think about bashing the book. Do you know where you are , BOY?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Back to CN's thread, its a good one...... leave it alone, Mr.Sticky pants  :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#6445201 - 01/10/07 12:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

see..the point here is that you went completely off topic telling people to read some random ass book..

The real question is..Do you know where YOU are?

Now I'd like to know about my turning my future Gigantic truck into some hippy ass veggie shit that's gonna save me money.

--------------------

Offlineecnelison13
Stranger thanFiction

Loc: doin time in the universa...
    #6445214 - 01/10/07 12:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

awesome bro. i'm witchya! the way i figure it: it might be ugly (sorry dude!) but when everyone is walking their ass down to mc donalds cause gas is too expensive, you'll be the only one in the drivethrough! i read the book "from the fryer to the fuel tank" and it revolutionized the way i think. you may not need these kits! are you going biodiesel or straight v-oil?? if you convert your oil to biodiesel the only thing you should do is change the fuel lines to plastic lines (i forget what kind) cause bio-d eats rubber. also you're right about the fuel warmer, but just about every diesel has the blockheater thing going on although i don't think its enough since bio-d has a higher cloud point. an in-line heater is a good idea.. blah blah blah, right? good work! check out willie nelson's biodiesel company!! i forget what it's called. willie is the man.

--------------------
"You can kill the revolutionary, but you can't kill the revolution."

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #6445223 - 01/10/07 12:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So what other years and or models use this military engine?

Seems like a cool side project.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: My new suburban :) [Re: buckwheat]
    #6445591 - 01/10/07 02:50 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

its not a military engine, its just a 6.2 v8 diesel engine. very hearty, its in alot of GM's around the 90's wikipedia will have more info on it

--------------------
PEACE

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: My new suburban :) [Re: CaptainH13]
    #6445650 - 01/10/07 03:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CaptainH13 said:
see..the point here is that you went completely off topic telling people to read some random ass book..
The real question is..Do you know where YOU are?

MYCELIUM RUNNING is an important part of the emerging movement towards changes in the way we use and extract energy. And our interactions with our environment.
Mycoforesty, Filtration, and Remediation are all important subjects, and belong at the shroomery, so do YOU know where YOU are boy??  :smile:
A quick mention of it DOES belong in a thread like this, and I didnt put it in YOUR post, that was my space, BOY :wink:
READ THE BOOK, and maybe you will understand its environmental potential. Veggie oil heads would care about this kind of book, IMO.

Anyway "back on topic".....
So you were not talking about the environment? Oh wait, veggie fuel is made from  seals right??  Baby seal oil, is that what we are talking about?  :smirk:

Ok....
Back on topic.  :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom