Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Chair
Spawning sheep poop w/ brf cakes
    #643334 - 05/24/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hi just got 1 gallon of sheep poop today, I would like to take a small 4ounce jar I have thats colonized and try my hand at spawning a very small ammount of sheep poop. Does anyone know generally how I would go about doing this?

i assume I would pressure cook/sterilize some of the poop, cumble a jar up into marble sized chunks and drop in sterilized poop and incubate?? rougly?

does anyone know how I can go about doing this?

thanks
indicaz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Re: Spawning sheep poop w/ brf cakes [Re: indicaz]
    #643359 - 05/24/02 11:54 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

or should this be in advanced???

I would think of this as a fairly simple task? not sure

thanks

indicaz

OfflinePinner
Loc: NNY
    #643362 - 05/24/02 11:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Try this my friend!!
Recipe:
1.Any Manure
2.Wheat straw( You chop the wheat straw up and put in a ziplock freezer back and fill with water distilled water and let it sit for an hour or two)
3.peatmoss
4.vermiculite
5.Alder shavings
You mix em all together in a large bowl And bake em in a aliminium turkey roaster pan you buy at the store the larger the better. Bake for 1hour at 250-275F then after an hour stir it up and bake for an additional 30minutes.
No youv've sterilized your compost.
As for the exact ingrediant ratio its up to you.
Use about50-60% worm casings as much or little straw as you like use about half a bag per pan more or less
use about a cup or two of vermiculite, Use a decent amount of peat moss two to three times as much verm. Maybe less And use a good amount of alder shavings I believe they contribute alot to mush size. Dont us to much though you add the alder chips dry. Add water to your mixture distilled water till damp or moist not soaking.
You'll have to add more water to your compost after you sterilize distilled of coarse.
Don't get your compost too wet or it may not work appropiatly.
I thinks thats about it.
Also you maybe able to omit the straw and wood chips if you don't have access to them. Maybe a little lime if wanted haven't put any in mine but imine colonized in 7 days at 80 degrees f

--------------------
I have fresh cow dung and worm castings cheap if interested pm me.

Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Re: Spawning sheep poop w/ brf cakes [Re: Pinner]
    #643376 - 05/24/02 12:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ok well ill try that, it sounds good
i wont use straw though....
just poop/and brf cakes crumbled, maybe some verm thrown in there on the bottom or on top layer...

Not exactly sure, I wanted to just spawn the poop alone with brf cakes which I know you can do..... just not sure how

laterz
indicaz

OfflinePinner
    #643385 - 05/24/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i tried it and it would not coloinze becaus ethe mycleuim could not penitrate it so someone told me to break it down with this methods and 7 days later ready to case really good strand growth. Well anyway try what you want i think this could be done in bags too

--------------------

Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

#643412 - 05/24/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

r u sure? I could swear some where on here some did it

Ok how about this can I mix the poop with a 50 % mix of casing mix that is spagnum peat moss, vermiculite and limestone grit flour, it is ph balanced, mix that with poop sterilize and pawn with cakes?

thanks alot dood

indicaz

OfflinePinner
    #643759 - 05/24/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

yes mix the ingredients together and add distilled water untill it just drips when squeezed then cover with foil sterlize in oven at temp stated after it cools break up cakes and place on top of the mix then stir with a spoon that has been in acohol and flamed mix them together really good Do this using the oven tek after your done cover with foil and place in incubator afetr a couple of days open it up see how its doing then cover again this will let fresh air in while you are checking on it. If you see any contams just scoop them out with the sterile spoon after it is totally colonized you can either case or fruit without the casing

--------------------

Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

#643765 - 05/24/02 04:57 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks alot doo I will post my results here

Laterz
indicaz

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #644510 - 05/25/02 08:07 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm.
That post looks very familiar
Glad it worked for ya.
I keep a copy of it incase anyone asks for a tek got tired of constantly retyping it.
It does work well.

Offlinebike__52
Beginner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gunnison, CO
Spawning horse poop w/ brf cakes [Re: Pinner]
    #11183586 - 10/04/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The recipe you put up seems like just what I need to do, I've only done the brf cakes and perlite and was really pleased. Now am trying diff strains and wanted to do some on hpoo. but I already have like 48 jars almost fully colonized with 3 diff starins. I was thinking start out with the perlite on bottom of big tub.

then put trays on perlite with some verm on bottom of tray and then cut up the cakes into slices, layer on the verm.

put hpoo/verm mixture or something closer to what you posted, and some kind of casing layer, or can I do without the last, just end with the hpoo mixture. Will this work or will I prolly lose all those jars if I try it?????? ANY HELP would be really appreciated. Even a TEK thats close to this or something.

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." HST

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."HST

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate