Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Dunking with miracle grow.
    #641741 -

Last night I picked the 5th flush off of my last cake, and it was the biggest one so far (I can't remember exactly. 7 dry grams or so).

I decided to try an experiment though, so last night I dunked the cake in a solution of liquid miracle grow. I already have many new pins which are quite large (about 1/4" so far) and it has only been like 12 hours.

I'm gonna take it out in a few minutes though because I don't want them to get all gross.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: Xray_Salami]
    #641811 -

Weird, Id think the miracle grow wouldn't be good for em...tell us how they turn out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: angryshroom]
    #641834 -

Well I read some posts about using it with good results. They also show it on tv used on fruits and vegetables.

So I figure it's worth a try. I'll post results, with pics (If I go read that faq and figure out how).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: Xray_Salami]
    #641842 -

When I went to dunk it had a little spot of green mold, but I was too tired to remove it. I was gonna do it today, but when I took it out the green mold was gone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: Xray_Salami]
    #641933 -

Someone should try garden grade humus, mixed with wated and dunked in the fridge. Humus is a slime, verry healthy for soil and verry healthy for plants but not like fertilizer is, Its basicly enzymes and benificial bacteria, the same kind you find in compost or maneure.

Should be interesting.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: Xray_Salami]
    #642142 -

In reply to:

They also show it on tv used on fruits and vegetables.




maybe becasue fruits and vegetables are plants. Mushrooms are not, so it most likely will not do anything good for them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: dirk gently]
    #642300 -

It's an experiment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: Xray_Salami]
    #642824 -

an interesting experiment, although i suspect shrooms need higher-order food more like what animals eat rather than minerals like plants eat.
if you want to experiment,
try mixing up some powdered non-fat dry milk triple strength and dunk under refridgeration for 24 hours. follow the dunk with a 5-10 minute dip in a solution composed of 1 part bleach, 2 parts white vinegar and 100 parts water [note:this is maximum strength, do not increase bleach % or it will kill your cakes].


--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: Hippie3]
    #645419 -

Wow, I think I am done with the miracle grow. all of the 1/4" pins turned black and have stopped growing. The cake just looks like it's totally unhealthy. Maybe it has a use as an anti-contaminant of some sort though, since the green mold has been killed by it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking with miracle grow. [Re: Xray_Salami]
    #645452 -

i'd bet the green mold is still inside the cake, killing it from within.


--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Miracle Grow with Aqua Coir Elendril 871 3 06/23/02 05:58 PM
by repobob
* Miracle Grow Phychotron 1,572 7 06/18/02 08:27 PM
by DaMigraine
* Aqua Coir by Miracle Grow? primal_future 1,247 1 07/30/02 09:48 AM
by SixTango
* miracle grow perlite? My Third Eye 2,198 7 09/26/01 07:49 PM
by My Third Eye
* Is Miracle-Grow Vermiculite OK???? Anonymous 3,072 3 07/27/01 02:43 PM
by triptor
* Perlite With Miracle Grow??? Romulusguy 1,338 2 06/05/02 04:21 PM
by We_come_in_peace
* Miracle grow peat moss verm and so on? gonnadoit 934 1 10/02/02 09:09 PM
by LordSenate
* Dunking a Casing: an experiment by: Space Wombat jag192 2,271 15 03/24/02 05:15 PM
by josh666

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,486 topic views. 14 members, 99 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.