Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
    #6395608 - 12/21/06 11:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

TODAY WAS THE SOLSTICE AND MAN, I HAD A WIERD DAY. FULL OF CRAZY VIBES.
It began with a dream of a girl i wnent to highschool with, but never hung out with or talked to for more than a few moments. It was sorta graduation I guess, and she was trying to escape her dad. I was helping her escape, at one point we were below the school where it was dark and there was an earthy floor, and her dad ran right past us in the dark. Then we went to another room where there was a freezer, the kind that you open and buy drinks out of. Well she dissapeared into that, and i could see her reflection inside of it. Then I awoke.
I decided I would call her! Well her DAD answers, and sounds angry to hear me!!!!! HE THEN TELLS ME HES DRIVING TO NY TO PICK HER UP FROM SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!
Then I go to the store to get a copy of a picture, a flower I took at a museum. The lady next to me has a picture of the SAME FLOWER FROM THE SAME MUSEUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told her remeber were all connected!
HOLY SHIT!
I got to work, told my boss this. He is a SEEK(open minded religion) and he told me about the law of attraction. He told me anything you wish for, you can bring it to yourself. So from now on I wish for true love, kindness.
"Life is one big road
With many signs"
..."wake up and Live"
-Bob Marley
Later that day I was working the cash register, and this bitchy customer is being really annoying, trying to control me instead of let me do my own job. Really hard headed- set in her ways- narrow minded- stubborn, and plain wrong, blind to the world around her. Just set in her ways type bitch, you know. WELL!!!!! Turns out she wrote one of the product SKUS wrong, and i eneded up being way more expensive than should have been.
According to the laws of attraction, since she is always looking for something wrong, shell always project that into her future (LIKE MY EX-GIRLFRIEND). Then she tried to say I made another mistake (cause this is what she gets satisfaction from), and no, I didnt, so she just left feeling like a dumb bitch (probably not, but hopefully).
SO anyways, the craziness continues........I keep telling myself I want love and happiness and psycahdelic friends....
Well as soon as I get out of my co-op I hear HAND DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, I had to HOWL AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!
This brought my manager out worrying who and why they were screaming. I was like sorry, those drums excite me! He was like theyre celebrating the solstice next door. I was like hell yea!
So hes like you wanna go over there? I was like OF COURSE. So we go over there, and theres about 8 people with all different kinds of drums in the back, drumming away, GOD!
I grab a drum and join in.
Anyways... these people are real nice, one dude has been allover the middle east, studying drums, told me to come back whenever I hear the drums. Theyre moving to Italy, cause they hate the US. Theyve got goats and chikens in their backyard. Turns out they have been trying to get my manager to come over there for the last 10 years or so and he hasnt till this day, when I got him to. (I think he just came over to help me out, but still).
Yuppies are crazy, silly people, who get caught up in their problems too much. They need to go through a real hardship to realize what they have... But theyre nice, and they sent me home with a fat chunk of chocolate cake. I got home at a lucky time: 12:34
Anyways, project positivy and YE SHALL RECIEVE.
Anyone else have a crazy day today???????
Thank your Robert, I admire you, thank you for teaching me about this law I will NEVER forget, and have JUST remebered...! :heart:
:heart:HAPPY SOLSTICE Brothers and SISTERS :heart:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CerebralFlower (12/21/06 11:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Re: HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! [Re: CerebralFlower]
    #6396303 - 12/22/06 08:42 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

wtf, you people must be lost
consider yourselves spiritual and dont even consider the solstice?

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6396309 - 12/22/06 08:44 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, you're right.  We're all lost because we did not post on this thread.  :tongue:

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Re: HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! [Re: Veritas]
    #6396629 - 12/22/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

well how was your solstice? you guys and girls didnt notice anyhting different yesterday?
maybe lost isnt the right word... more "in tune"

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6396646 - 12/22/06 11:09 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So how do you discern that these "differences" were caused by the fact that it was the solstice? Personally, I realize that the nature of reality implies change, and that I find a lot of things are different each day.

Now, tell me, what exactly did you perceive as being "different", and how did you determine that these "differences" relate to it being the solstice? :sun:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Re: HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6396662 - 12/22/06 11:15 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well, it was a different vibe. Like recently i havent been seeing much spirutality and wierd correlations, but yesterday they began to come back.
I mean did you read my post on all the wierd vibes that occured?

--------------------

OfflineLoverofTruth
cuddly

#6396681 - 12/22/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

*must get my vibe detector recalibrated*

Hmmm, so all of us must notice things as and when you do? Isn't there a word for that?

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6396959 - 12/22/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So everyone here is "out of tune" because we didn't post on this thread?  Does that sound reasonable?

My solstice was fine, I celebrated the sunrise this morning with a beautiful breakfast, shared with my amazing sons and partner.  I "plated" their pancakes and bacon with orange slices arranged like the sun's rays. We discussed the myth of Persephone & ate some pomegranate seeds.  I explained that the solstice was an ancient celebration which marked the "return of the sun" after a gradual retreat, and that people used to believe that the sun might leave them forever if they did not perform ritual sacrifices on the solstice.

As far as "vibes" or weird synchronicities or other phenomenon, these are part of my every day experiences, so I did not notice that they were any more or less prevalent.  :shrug:

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Re: HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! [Re: LoverofTruth]
    #6397867 - 12/22/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LoverofTruth said:
*must get my vibe detector recalibrated*

Hmmm, so all of us must notice things as and when you do? Isn't there a word for that?

I never said anything like this at all. I figured spiritual people would share my intrest in the solstice, since it is something significant...
I dont know why i waste my time trying to spread any good on here.  :thumbdown:

--------------------

OfflineLoverofTruth
cuddly

#6397894 - 12/22/06 08:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I figured spiritual people would share my intrest in the solstice, since it is something significant...

Sharing your interest is a metric for spirituality? What does the closeness of the earth to the sun have to do with personal growth and understanding?

Quote:

I dont know why i waste my time trying to spread any good on here.

Are you truly unaware of your own motivations? Is this a desirable state?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! [Re: LoverofTruth]
    #6398256 - 12/22/06 10:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well, the myths that pertain to the 'return of the sun,' if not symbolic of higher order metaphysics, have long ago exhausted their meaningfulness. The "Myth of the Eternal Return" (Mircea Eliade) belongs to a phase of human development that existed from paleolithic times - so far back that Egyptian mythos of resurrection was a 'modern' innovation.

Pagan and Neopagan observances are rituals that are pretty much relegated to 'lunar' and 'psychic' levels of Reality. Modern day Wiccans for example, like the author Stewart Ferrar in his book What Witches Do will be quick to point out that Wicca is a "lowbrow" religion that does not seek a transcendental identity and Realization (Enlightenment), but simply identifies with the psychophysical processes of life-death-rebirth - your basic natural recycling. This world is enjoyed via the senses and emotions and as such the word "spiritual" really does not apply inasmuch as spiritual, spirit, is an archaic word for consciousness but usually indicating a transcendental consciousness.

I usually recognize the solstices (especially since the equinoxes in south Florida are not discernible) because I am cognizant of their mythic and astrological meanings, but moreso because I recognize their effect on my psyche in the months to follow. My spiritual identity is not touched by this cycle. Perhaps others here are of similar mind as mine in this but have not so analyzed and articulated. Hey, I still regarded Stonehenge with a kind of awe when I was there, listening to Pink Floyd's 'Meddle' on CD player, but for me it too was like the solstices it measured, a psychic phenomenon not a 'spiritual' one.

Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6399115 - 12/23/06 11:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Pagan and Neopagan observances are rituals that are pretty much relegated to 'lunar' and 'psychic' levels of Reality. Modern day Wiccans for example, like the author Stewart Ferrar in his book What Witches Do will be quick to point out that Wicca is a "lowbrow" religion that does not seek a transcendental identity and Realization (Enlightenment), but simply identifies with the psychophysical processes of life-death-rebirth - your basic natural recycling. This world is enjoyed via the senses and emotions and as such the word "spiritual" really does not apply inasmuch as spiritual, spirit, is an archaic word for consciousness but usually indicating a transcendental consciousness.

I've noticed that there are two aspects of the divine which different religions place different emphasis on: the immanent and the transcendant. Earth-based religions like Wicca focus more on the immanent -- the divine within the world. Meanwhile, more prophetic-based religions tend to focus on the transcendant aspect. I don't think either aspect is more "lowbrow" than the other. I think the more sophisticated esoteric faiths tend to recognize the truth in both views: that God is both immanent and transcendant. Before invoking Shiva, Hindus will often first invoke Ganesh, who is Shiva's immanent manifestation. In Kabbalah, Malkut is as much a divine manifestation as Keter. So basically, I agree fundamentally with much of Wicca and other Neopagan movements. It's just that I believe that they're missing half the equation, while other faiths are missing the other half.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: HAPPY SOLSTICE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! [Re: Silversoul]
    #6400712 - 12/23/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I hear you, and I was quoting Stewart Ferrar who was writing about Alex Sanders and Maxine [Yum!] Sanders in the 1970s. Alex Sanders who referred to himself as a Wiccan after the Gardnerian school but also claimed to be a Magician, and one who used the Kabbalistic Tree as a guide.

As I see it, all the sephiroth and pathways of the Tree constitute Divine immanence, and yet, paradoxically, the transcendence of the higher sephiroth are pre-emminently present from Tiphereth to Kether. At any rate, the disembodied and therefore less dense forms of conscious existence of which the esotercists are aware (in whichever of the world religions) are representative of a trend or goal towards leaving terrestrial (or, for that matter, any planetary attachments) for increasingly less dense states of existence. It is a matter of faith here that no matter how beautiful the worlds of form may be, the world[s] to come are beyond even our imagination of it[them] and is the direction we must move in (when ready).

The ascetic in me is drawn to states of being that surpass chocolate and sex with a beautiful embodied being. It is a matter of faith or intuition, but I've had glimpses. What can I say?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order