Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!!
    #6355004 -

just letting you guys know that the show man vs wild with Bear whoever he is is fake. The sierra nevada episode was so fake that it prompted me to write the discovery channel and complain.


--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.


My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: tahoe]
    #6355007 -

I knew it the first time I saw it. He's no where near as hardcore as survivorman.


--------------------
:deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: eyesoftheworld]
    #6355013 -

Survivorman fucking rocks.....

What a great idea for a show.


--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

..............

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: tahoe]
    #6355031 -

fake eh...maybe you didn't see the one where he was in a african desert with no water and he was squeezing handfuls of elephant shit so he could drink the water inside. that was the most hardcore thing ever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #6355081 -

I agree suvivorman kicks ass. In order for me to believe you can you elaborate? What was fake about that show?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #6355088 -

The only difference I can see is that survivorman films everything himself and bear has a camera guy.

Which automatically means survivorman > man vs wild.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #6355089 -

wait....

i dont have cable anymore.

is this shit with Bear or whatever the same as survivorman?

Because every survivorman ive ever seen did not seem at all faked.


--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

..............

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: tahoe]
    #6355090 -

Fake in what sense?

Yes, he has a camera crew, but everything else he does seems pretty real to me. He at least teaches you a lot more than the Survivor man does.

I didn't like Survivor man because it was annoying to watch him bitch about everything, and the whole camera setup was all bouncy and not that great.

As far as the hardcore aspect... I think Bear takes the cake. He is an amazing athlete, and has a lot of cool tricks Ive never even thought of before.

What it boils down to is what is more entertaining. To me, Man vs. Wild is way more entertaining.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: adrug]
    #6355093 -

ok

different shows


--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

..............

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: angryshroom]
    #6355098 -

OH MAN i was thinkign the same thing, in man vs wild, they had like 10 camera angels of him floating down the river. LOL liek wtf !!!


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: angryshroom]
    #6355102 -

but could bear haul around a bunch of camera equipment and still make a decent show, all while still getting through very real survival situations?

survivorman's bitching is understandable considering what he goes through for each show


--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

..............

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: snoot]
    #6355105 -

He has cool tips and things too learn, I guess, and I like how he has a fire prestarted in some of his shows. lolI think what they need to make is an episode were they have only a case of beer and you need to survive, I guess it would keep you hydrated somewhat but it would fuck up your ability to survive. I was actually thinking about this as I came out of the woods today.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: Schwip]
    #6355112 -

I agree angryshroom. He climbs up and down waterfalls, he climbs to the top of the rainforest canopy, and he drinks elephant shit water. Even though he carries a flint or a fire making tool he still will make a fire with plain wood. I think they are both good shows but Bear is more extreme.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #6355119 -

Bear grylls? hahah ncie name IDK he's a smart feller I like all his talk about the natives.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: angryshroom]
    #6355124 -

i disagree. survivorman shows people things that are practical and safe. bear takes ridiculously unnecessary risks and in many cases gives bad info out. some of the things he says and does could get people killed if they tried to do it. it's like he's doing his stuff more for shock value while survivorman is actuallty out there living off the land and doing practical logical things.

i don't really like bear's show very much. it's not fake, just idiotic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #6355128 -

I also was like how in the hell did the camera crew film him floating over 2 miles down a river faster than the crew could walk. IMO I think the camera crew has just as much balls he does. They have to go over all the same terrain except holding a camera and doing so in a way where they get good shot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #6355141 -

I also agree with you too Jonny. I think you need both shows to get all the information. I have learned things on both shows equally. I think Man vs. Wild is more entertaining though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #6355144 -

Quote:
they have only a case of beer and you need to survive, I guess it would keep you hydrated somewhat but it would fuck up your ability to survive.



Famous last words... :smile:

Alcohol removes more water than it adds, resulting in faster dehydration. SurvivorMan would empty the cans and make some kind of house out of them. heheh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: daytripper05]
    #6355145 -

daytripper05 said:
I also was like how in the hell did the camera crew film him floating over 2 miles down a river faster than the crew could walk. IMO I think the camera crew has just as much balls he does. They have to go over all the same terrain except holding a camera and doing so in a way where they get good shot.



not neccessarly it could all be preplanned for all we know.

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
i disagree. survivorman shows people things that are practical and safe. bear takes ridiculously unnecessary risks and in many cases gives bad info out. some of the things he says and does could get people killed if they tried to do it. it's like he's doing his stuff more for shock value while survivorman is actuallty out there living off the land and doing practical logical things.

i don't really like bear's show very much. it's not fake, just idiotic



what misinformation?


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!! [Re: tahoe]
    #6355159 -

seeing as all i really care about is entertainment value, i like man.vs wild better.

survivormans bitching got on my nerves


--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Discovery Channels, Dirty Jobs is having a special on mushroom farming. HUBSonDUBS 1,080 9 03/01/06 10:42 PM
by DNKYD
* The Discovery Channel Song: I love it!!!! MOTH 1,697 10 05/23/04 09:16 PM
by OldSpice
* FUCKING DISCOVERY CHANNEL
( 1 2 3 all )
lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl 6,791 50 11/13/05 12:14 PM
by MOTH
* This Discovery channel show kicks ass sampleinajar54 1,155 9 05/01/05 10:13 PM
by erags
* I'm disappointed in the Discovery Channel MOTH 1,252 9 05/10/04 04:03 PM
by Barbi
* anyone see the discovery channel thing on the grizzly man
( 1 2 all )
kilroy69 3,595 28 02/28/06 04:39 PM
by TameMe
* Mushroom Farming on "Dirty Jobs" - Discovery Channel Nashbar 1,141 7 03/07/06 08:35 PM
by JonnyOnTheSpot
* .
( 1 2 all )
z_x_x_z 2,935 30 12/22/05 01:23 AM
by cosmicpirate

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,071 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.