Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: Liz]
    #6345349 -

Liz said:
.... Someone who likes animals, will hug me when I need a hug, and let me sleep on their shoulder at night, even though I sometimes drool a little bit when I sleep....



a little bit? I have dreams I'm in the shower and I wake up and need to towel off  :tongue:


In all honesty, when Liz met me I wasn't looking for any kind of relationship other then friendship. I was pretty fucking jaded towards relationships, and I don't think thats uncommon for guys OR girls.

I think the best way for people to approach anyone of the opposite sex is to just be friends. If your serious about being in a relationship, then you are serious about having that person be your best friend. Not to say you cant have your other best friend from high school or whatever, but a significant other is closer then that and shares WAY more... so you need to make sure you can be friends first and foremost.

With Liz, I first knew that I was starting to feel more then friendship with her because of the way she treated me. As I opened the door for her when we went out, or came back over after class, she treated me like a friend and we joked about ourselves and the world around us. We got to know as much as we could about each other before we got to romance. While sex is important, its not THE most important thing in a relationship. Sometimes in this society, its easy to get distracted by it and miss the whole point. A relationship isn't about having sex with someone... well, I take that back, it IS. But thats not ALL its about, threes a LOT more to us then that.

So i guess the short answer is, I looked for someone to be my friend, and accept me for who I am (quirks included). The rest was just that I met the right friend. :laugh:  :heart:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6345360 -

RandalFlagg said:
Here are my significant other requirements:

1. I have to get "the feeling". "The feeling" could best be described as, "Wow. This person is amazing, I can't keep my eyes off her, and I want to spend a bunch of time with her".
2. I have to find the girl somewhat physically attractive.
3. We have to be compatible. The conversation has to flow, we need to make each other laugh, and we have to enjoy each other's company.
4. The girl can't be a spoiled little princess. I've known too many girls who couldn't take care of themselves because mommy and daddy did everything for them. These girls are exasperating and they don't have an ounce of maturity.
5. The girl can't be fickle. I don't want to deal with somebody who goes through relationships like I do with changing my socks.
6. The girl can't be bitchy, manipulative, possessive, or psycho. That shit sucks to deal with.
7. We have to have the same basic set of morals and life outlook.
8. I want her to be devoted to me, but not so devoted that she is clingy. She has to have her own life.



You'll never find that girl.

However, you will find a girl that will make you forget about all the dumb things you though you ever wanted in a significant other, and your list will be completely changed.

It just has to be someone right for you or it won't work. My roommate and his girlfiend have a happy relationship one way, she's dumb and controlling and he's intelligent and lazy and submissive, and they work for each other.

I'm stubborn, fun, and always right, so is my girlfriend. We never agree on anything yet we get along beautifully. I think your first point was your best, in the sense that people just need to click with each other.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6345568 -

The first thing I look for is an RC Cola tap installed into her forehead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: Suffer]
    #6345588 -

Liz said:
:love:




Suffer said:
:love:




Awww.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6345609 -

I expect nothing, nor do I really want anything from a significant other, other than just companionship. Knowing someone's there that cares for me, and having someone to care about means a lot. It seems to fill that area that's missing in life.

I don't think I've ever asked too much, well I hope I haven't, from someone else. I've only had one girlfriend I complained about, and that was because who she was as a person. She was a mean person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6345628 -

someone who will

...laugh at your jokes
...make you laugh
...mesh with your sexual appetites (and you their's)
...surprise you
...fight against the world with you


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6345914 -

Intelligence
Similar interests and beliefs
Affection/Compassion/Kindness
Honesty
Loyalty
Personality

Honestly, I think the perfect girl for me would have all sorts of interesting quirks that I wouldn't even think to list.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6346049 -

Quote:
What do you really want in a significant other?



Presence. I'd like my significant other, whoever it will be, to be here now :frown:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Edited by Asante (12/07/06 11:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6346059 -

Big penis if it's a guy

Tight vagina if it's a girl

Either way they have to have money


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: Asante]
    #6346848 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Presence. I'd like my significant other, whoever it will be, to be here now :frown:



yes.


and feeling completely comfortable around them no matter what.
i don't think i've ever felt that way around anyone yet.
soulmate.. are you out there?
this wait is so long.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: wearejellyfish]
    #6346861 -

That's always been my ultimate fantasy life. Getting along no matter what, all of the time. That's just it, though: a fantasy. We would like to think that things are great all of the time, but that's just not reality. Not my reality, anyway. It's nice to strive for that, though. It helps me to be less of an asshole. That is, if we are doing it selflessly enough that it's not self centered. There's enough of that already, in the world.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: blissedout]
    #6346865 -

a vagina and tits are a nice start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: blissedout]
    #6346866 -

i don't mean getting along. just feel comfortable. i just have anxiety around every single human being.
i worry too much basically, i guess.
i don't know.
it's hard for me to feel okay with someone and not worry about shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #6346867 -

:yesnod:

Yes, there's always that. We mustn't forget about these vital items.:smirk:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: wearejellyfish]
    #6346874 -

I know what you mean, jellyfish. I used to be paranoid about my girlfriends, in the past, but that was either because I was dating a psycho that couldn't/shouldn't be trusted and/or I was just paranoid because I was cheating and it made me not be able to trust her. Paranoia caused by my own actions.

Nowadays, I am pretty happy and not paranoid about my love. That's because it's truly love and not just sex and droogs. I just got lucky, though. Good luck! :heart:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: Suffer]
    #6346878 -

Physical attractiveness, intelligence, companionship, understanding, ambition, patience, responsibility, etc.

The standard model, I suppose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6346886 -

cash low self esteem and great head


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6347241 -

What I want:

Killer smile
95th-percentile intelligence
Good spelling and punctuation
Self-esteem
10:7:10 boobs-to-waist-to-ass ratio
Style without materialistic tendencies
Infectious calmness
Clear skin
A job with a future
Undying love for me
Active lifestyle
Slimness and tallness


What I need:
Someone who loves me
Someone who loves herself
Someone whom I love


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6347302 -

That's like asking what someone wants for Christmas or their Birthday. You'll usually get answers of things out of reach. When really that little gift they never knew they really wanted was it. A surprise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What do you really want in a significant other? [Re: Cowgold]
    #6347303 -

I could tell you all day what I don't want though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Relationship shit
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 1,841 37 05/12/06 04:26 PM
by Gumby
* Would you fool around or have a relationship with somebody who had a sex change?
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,839 34 01/31/06 09:17 PM
by Cubenisseur
* .
( 1 2 3 all )
z_x_x_z 5,216 42 07/09/07 05:10 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Anybody ever been in a taboo relationship?
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 7,766 29 04/26/05 02:03 AM
by batou
* . z_x_x_z 1,299 19 07/10/07 02:50 AM
by VoidOfsPg
* asking for relationship advise, was i wrong? ZippoZM 989 16 07/08/07 12:47 PM
by RandalFlagg
* I need randalflagg!
( 1 2 3 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 5,111 50 09/24/05 02:11 AM
by Tranceharper
* Randalflagg vs. Bank Trust Fund Assholes
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 3,228 35 10/05/05 10:53 PM
by RandalFlagg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,789 topic views. 1 members, 241 guests and 63 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.