Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Ayahuasca Brew
    #6285366 -

Ive been thinking about this for quite some time, but have yet to ask up until this point because ive been very timid. Im very interested in trying this, and have read and will continue to read erowid.orgs vault for the brew. I just wondered peoples different opinions? As well as what your brew consists of?

From what i understand, your pretty much incapacitated just having crazy visuals? Does anyone have any suggestions? Im just really unsure..

I appreciate everyones help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: LordSenate]
    #6285651 -

Check out ayahuasca.com forums for lots of info.

I would start with a mostly vine brew...light on the dmt admixtures. The intensity of dmt streched out to a couple hours isn't everyones cup of tea.

A strong vine brew can be very rewarding by itself, and tends to be a lot less intimidating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: LordSenate]
    #6285673 -

IMO aya is the king of all psychelics. We all thought we had a psycheldelic expierence til we drank a succesfully strong brew with dmt in it. BE CAREFUL

If your new to it i suggest trying just caapi brews first then go on to admixtures, first being Chacruna then something like chaliponga or mimosa hostilis.

DMT is only a replacable ingredient, not the main active component. You can use mapacho (untreated tobacco) as another additive and it gives you visions you wouldn't imagine could exist.

Caapi is the main ingredient. That's what you need for a successful experience. You have to keep in mind that most failures occur because of not sufficient MAO inhibition. Caapi can be very strong on its own. When you reach a really good MAO inhibition, you feel even light doses of any ingredient.

Usually, we adivse 50gr. Caapi with 50gr. Chacruna... and it sometimes fails. Some people drink 100gr. Caapi with 25gr. and it almost never fails.

The best way is to drink more Caapi... Caapi will give you what you need, DMT is only there to break your defenses. And since you're asking... yes, it is very efficient to add more Chacruna if you want to see more colours... it is sometimes too efficient, to the point of forgetting you are from this planet.


Partly quoted from forums.ayahuasca.com go there for more info...


Edited by dmthead420 (11/15/06 10:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: LordSenate]
    #6285678 -

Don't do it if you're just in it for the crazy visuals. Also, a first time would definitely be best with a shaman, but since they're becoming few and far between here in the states, that may not be an immediate option.


Your understanding is somewhat accurate. Sometimes though, I'm not incapacitated and actually have limitless amounts of energy and just want to run and jump and play like a kid. These have been with white or yellow vine. The color of the "vine of the souls" makes a big difference in the nature of your experience. For a beginner I would recommend white or yellow and definitely order from a company that knows what they are selling.

I've tried all 4 colors of vine and have found that my best experiences come from taking the red vine in combination with either psychotria viridis or diplopterys cabrerana. I've also experimented with mimosa, which seems to provide less of a spiritual experience and more of just wild, mind-bending visuals. Mimosa and rue together (Jurema)is much cheaper than an actual ayahuasca brew, but, in my opinion, also less valuable.

As for being timid, that's only natural, but I think there are way too many bad trip reports on aya. I've only had one really difficult experience and that was the one time I tried black vine with 60g of cabrerana, but other than that, aya has been very good to me and everyone I've brewed it for. My best advice would be to dose two days in a row. This is what was instructed to me during my first experience in Peru. On the first night, we drank a weaker brew and were not allowed a second cup. This was so that everyone involved got to feel what the purge was like and get any butterflies out of our stomachs, so to speak. The first night was a very mellow trip, everyone singing chants and doing controlled breathing, everyone inhaling and exhaling to the beat of a drum. The second night was when we received the strong shit. It was like nothing I've been able to reproduce myself, and it blew me away. 2 hours after drinking, we were offered a second cup.

If you have the time, that's what I'd recommend. Dosing a weak brew one day to get the feel for it and then one at least twice as strong the next night.

You also need to be outside for this, so hurry before it gets too cold.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6285689 -

Ayahuasca is not a psychedelic.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6285745 -

I definatelly understand the importance of the brew. If i just wanted to see visuals then i would take some mushrooms or lsd.

Im more so interested in spiritual healing, as well as shamanism. I would like to get a taste, to see what it is like. I like to try everything, thats just me..Ive handled most everything ive tryed before incredibly well.

Id like to learn more about myself, and i think this may help.

Im timid only because i can understand if its used for spirtual healing how strong that it must be.

The purge im not to worried about, im sure i can deal with that, though i will take your advice on two days in a row, ill just wait until i have a four day weekend.

If i am wrong in thinking that i can learn something from myself, or about anything really, from this, then please let me know. I wont complain about visuals, but new experiences are new experiences, you can never experience something for the first time ever again, if you understand my meaning.

The whole idea of shamanism and learning more of thing through these types of things is very intriguing to me. any more opinions, suggestions, gripes, complaints, flames whatever just let me know

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: LordSenate]
    #6285752 -

Also is being outside REALLY a need, because it is extremly cold and snowy where i live, but i would like to try the experience. If i can recreate, or somehow replicate sight and setting i could try that.. as well as maybe music to go along with the experience.. If at all possible, let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6285773 -

Brewmaster said:
Ayahuasca is not a psychedelic.




what would you call it?

imma have to agree with this definition

The word psychedelic is a neologism coined from the Greek words for "mind," ψυχή (psyche), and "manifest," δήλος (delos).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: dmthead420]
    #6285876 -

I'd call it serious medicine. To me "psychedelic" implies conotations of happy-fun-time-hippster-drugs.

I've read stories of people being healed with ayahuasca, either of a physical disease, mallady or addiction or of a psychological ailment. I take aya for depression, cynisism and general ass-holishness. For me, ayhuasca is a psychological reset. After a good experience, I feel brand, spankin' new, almost like being reborn. I dont feel like drinking or smoking weed, I start hitting the gym again, it helps me put my priorities in order. I'll come back from a weekend retreat and want to do nothing but good things. First I'll clean my house and balance the checkbook then I'll go visit family, like my parents who I constantly neglect. I'll give blood, pick up trash, offer to lend a hand to a complete stranger. It puts me back in a good mind set. Also, everything is new and fun again and even littlest things make me feel overwhelmed with joy. Smells, in particular are amazing for weeks after an aya session, everything brings back hundreds of childhood memories. I remember getting home from Peru where I was studying art history for college cred, and also where I had my only shaman led ritual, smelling honey suckles and crying from all the great memories that smell brough back.

I'm not a bad person by any means, but times are tough and it's easy to start slipping back to my cynical ways, that's when I schedule in a little aya session. I usually only do it 2 or 3 times a year and it makes a noticeable difference in my mentality. I prefer 2 sessions a year to taking anti-depressant meds every day.

As for being outside, it's absolutely necessary for me; and at night.
The visions come much more easily when you're outside in the dark, as opposed to, say, your buddy's dorm room with the strobe light. Walls and confines screw with my trip on any drug, I always prefered to trip outside, but on aya, the thought of walls and fluorescent lights makes me shudder. If you're going to be inside, I'd use the largest room possible and remove anything electronic. The only light should be candles or something very soft. Aya's the only drug where I felt I was really expanding my mind, it's very transcendental, and being in nature allows your mind to wander more freely. It's also nice not to have to worry about throwing up on your buddy's bean bag chair.

The purge aint bad. My wife, who has a very strong aversion to vomit says it's "kinda fun". She's a crazy person though. It's not a lingering, sick, drunk kind of nausea. It's not even nausea, in my opinion. It's like doo dee doo mindin' my bidness, that's all, just mindin' my Blllaaaarrrggghhhh. It's more like stomach spasms or convulsions, which probably doesn't sound any better, but trust me, it is. It only lasts a second.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6285897 -

Would spirtual music be alright if i decide to do it in doors?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6285912 -

How does ayahuasca compare to smoked DMT?
Should one try to smoke DMT and then try aya, or the other way around?
How bad is the 'purge'?
Is there a good source for exact, easy-to-follow instructions on brew-making?


--------------------
So it goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: ryanvergel]
    #6285927 -

www.erowid.org for all the info you need as well as they listed a forum above with more info

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: LordSenate]
    #6285952 -

forums.ayahuasca.com alot of info here to answer any question just search on the forum.


I can see why u would not call it a psychedelic, IMO people have just lost the true meaning of that word.

Edited by dmthead420 (11/15/06 12:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: dmthead420]
    #6286152 -

Ryan, I did aya before I smoked dmt. I likened the effects of dmt to be like those of salvia, only much better and without the cold sweats.( go 'head, tell me I'm an idiot ) My buddy kept saying "Aw man, you're just not doing it right, you haven't broken through yet" but I feel like I got everything there was to get. Shit, I smoked 50mg. People tell me that's a pretty decent dose. In my op., aya is way better than smoked dmt, although the effects differ greatly. As others mentioned above, the caapi vine produces effects all its own without dmt.

As far as directions, it's pretty simple: boil and drink. If you're going to go through all the trouble of doing this, I'd suggest you buy a lot more of the ingredients than you think you need. As with all natural psychoactives, potency varies. This is another reason I recommend a two day affair with aya, sometimes the brew is weak and all you get is a purge. The worst thing that can happen is to get discouraged from a sub-par brew and not have enough left to try it again. I don't like to share my recipe (dosage) but I normally start with a brew of 40g red vine/ 60g white/yellow; and 30g viridis/ cabrerana for a first night. Then, if I feel it's a good brew and one safe to increase, I'll use 60g red /100gwhite/yellow with 50-60g v/c.

Again, all this varies on potency. I've been using the same supplier for a while so I've got a good handle on what to expect as far as that goes.

As for music, it's beautiful. During my first exp, the shaman would dance around with a bundle of leaves that he shook like a rattle, stomp and slide his feet in the dirt, all while singing and chanting. While I was waiting for the aya to kick in, I was watching him and thinking "Wow, how embarassing for him, dancing like a complete nut in front of all these strangers" But after it started, it was the most beautiful noise I'd ever heard. The sounds I was hearing definitely had an effect on the things I was seeing. Ever since I started doing the stuff with friends around here, it's always been up in the mountains and we always take a bunch of drums and percussion instruments to play with.

A group trance drum session is something else. I've never even wanted to listen to recorded music, partly because aya makes me feel all caveman-primitive, and I don't want anything modern around, like a cd player or i pod. I've got one friend, who has come with me twice in the past year. He's funny because he hums the entire time, though he doesn't realize it, and it's all in sour, off notes. Not a song at all, more like the sounds you'd make if you were trying to talk with your mouth closed. He does this for hours, absolutely hilarious.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6286158 -

Brewmaster said:
I'll come back from a weekend retreat



Hey Brewmaster,

could you please describe a little more about how you do your retreat. Do you go group or solo? Organized or not? Do you just go into the mountains and build a campfire?

What sort of ritual have you found to provide you with the deepest and best experience?
________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
*EDIT:

Nevermind, you wrote your post above while I was writing mine.

Thanks


--------------------
"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty.  It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
American pamphleteer and Founding Father, 1775

Edited by zenotter (11/15/06 01:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: zenotter]
    #6286244 -

I usually take a small group. Part of the reason I only do it once or twice a year is because it takes that long for me, the wife and 3-4 friends to correlate our schedules. Everyone I take with me knows what they are getting into and has respect for the traditions that this carries with it. That said, I'm not pretending to be a shaman but I do like to do things in a traditional fashion. The reason I got into shamanism was from studying world religions while in school, so I read extensively on the practices employed by different groups in their ceremonies. I'm not expecting my dumb ass friends to be as into it as I am, but they know how serious it is to me, so they humor me. Besides, I pay for the shit. I make sure everyone fasts for a day, and no one brings beer.

As far as MY ceremony goes, I like to get to the mountains early. Around noonish. Collect enough firewood to last the evening and maybe do a short day hike. Everyone starts drinking as the sun sets, I always make two "teas", one with caapi, one with the dmt. I've just gotten better results this way, though most shamans serve it up all together. I should mention that, if I'm with a group, I stay sober until at least two hours into it so I can keep an eye on everyone. If the brew is one that's been tested and has just been sitting in the fridge for a while, I may stay completely sober the first night. I bring a bunch of different "smelly things" ( what my peruvian shaman called them ) because I find scents affect an aya trip like nothing else. I always bring sage bundles, cedar incense and Indian tobacco.
When I was in Peru, a lady next to me started freaking out, her eyes were shut real tight and she was gritting her teeth. She was obviously in some kind of terrible, mental distress. The shaman set down his rattle and picked up a giant pipe filled with Indian tobacco. He took a giant pull off the pipe and blew the smoke right in the lady's face and all over me. Immediately a smile came to her face and she was fine for the rest of the night. I thought that was incredible.

Other than that, I don't employ a lot of structure to my little gatherings. Most of my little prayers and offerings are said whilst boiling the mess up. Everyone sort of does their own thing. I, myself, love hiking at night if I'm able to move around; huasca gives you great night vision. Many people drink caapi vine alone to help them pass through the jungle unharmed. Drumming is usually a part of it, a fire is totally necessary, friends I can trust, my wife and 2 dogs. My favorite part of the ritual is cooking breakfast on Sunday morning for five kids that haven't eaten in 2 or 3 days. We may be in the mountains, but I bring my whole campin kitchen. I do keep it veggie for a few days after, so I usually make my famous blueberry pancakes.

As for what gives me the best experiences... Aside from my first time (I really dont know what was in it) all my favorite trips have been with high doses of red vine combined with viridis. Those were the times where I felt I had actually changed into a bird or jaguar. I really felt like I was flying over mountains or running through the jungle at top speed on all fours. The set and setting is usually the same, the experience largely depends on your intentions and what mamma aya thinks you deserve. And what you throw in the pot of course.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6286410 -

What an awesome read.

Thank you.


--------------------
"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty.  It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
American pamphleteer and Founding Father, 1775

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ayahuasca Brew [Re: zenotter]
    #6286459 -

crazy kids


--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ayahuasca: take 4
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,132 26 11/12/04 06:15 AM
by DMTelepath
* New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca Supernova 1,640 7 08/15/03 11:31 PM
by Sev
* Natures Brew and spices (ayahuasca report) John 2,011 9 02/15/04 04:50 PM
by John
* 5-Meo-DMT (from Diplopterys cabrerana) FarFromHere 3,684 17 01/13/18 12:06 PM
by agent
* Psychotria viridis & Diplopterys cabrerana Dosage SDP 3,642 9 05/30/09 07:53 PM
by thedudenj
* Ayahuasca healing vacation Purple_Voyage 2,829 5 08/21/02 12:46 AM
by gnrm23
* Ayahuasca Hrethic 517 1 07/27/04 01:32 PM
by Seuss
* Ayahuasca BlueTalon 1,919 12 10/23/03 06:20 PM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
4,003 topic views. 1 members, 25 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.