Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   eBay Mimosa Hostilis   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Psychotria Viridis, Shpongle, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca
    #1811623 - 08/14/03 12:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't posted here before. used to post on drooldonkey and on the forest floor, but that's been a while.

I live in Louisiana and always have wild shrooms. This year has been great. The last month has been a bit dry, but fortunately my best friend's buddy's pet dog keeps a few growing for the dry season, so there's always a supply. I probably take them more than I should- weekly. It's my vice. I don't drink alcohol and gave up pot a long time ago. Use a xanax and valium just to mellow out, and usually only at the end of a trip.

Anyhow, I want to try ayahuasca, and I'm looking for comments from those who have actually used it. I understand that it can be a very soul searching experience if used right. My buddy hid some deep in the black forest and told me I could borrow some when I am ready. I have a couple questions:

1) I've heard it's better to make a mixture with other plants. Is this necessary or really desirable? And if so, what suggestions do you have from experience, and how was the experience for you?

2) No one knows that I use mushrooms (other than my friend mentioned above). And I'd rather keep my use of ayahuasca to myself as well. Is there any reason that you can think of for not doing this? How intense is the trip- in this respect I'm speaking more toward that soul-searching experience.

Any other comments you think would be helpful to an ayahuasa virgin would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

SUPERNOVA

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca [Re: newusername222]
    #1811847 - 08/14/03 01:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hi welcome :laugh:

1) Cant answer that :[
2) Good job. Keep it to yourself. There is no reason not to do it.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca [Re: whole9]
    #1812039 - 08/14/03 02:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ayahuasca is a very powerful psycheldelic. Much more then shrooms. Also very hard to come by. Ayahuasca usually differes from batch to batch depending on who makes it and what he or she wants in the mixture, usually B. caapi & Psychotria viridis I believe. Although someone might consider a combo of LSD and Syrian Rue to be Ayahuasca.

A friend of mine came across some in the early 90's but didn't get the chance to endulge himself. I know of a select few who have been able to experience ayahuasca and they say their experience was nothing less then profound.

Look around in Erowid, I'm sure they have some info in there you can use. Trip reorts, ect...

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca [Re: djd586]
    #1812568 - 08/14/03 07:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

have you been to
www.ayahuasca.com
lotsa knowledgable folks over there

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca [Re: gnrm23]
    #1812640 - 08/14/03 08:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

1) I've heard it's better to make a mixture with other plants. Is this necessary or really desirable? And if so, what suggestions do you have from experience, and how was the experience for you?

This is a little vague; B. caapi viver with P. viridis leaf consitutes the basic traditional recipe, and in the Amazon native people use a variety of other substances, apprently for fine tuning, but I don't think there's too much really known about these other substances. The two above are what elicit the psychoactive effects.

2) No one knows that I use mushrooms (other than my friend mentioned above). And I'd rather keep my use of ayahuasca to myself as well. Is there any reason that you can think of for not doing this? How intense is the trip- in this respect I'm speaking more toward that soul-searching experience.

Well, the caapi vine and viridis leaves can actually be bought online, so it's not the concern that mushrooms are, from the perspective of getting into trouble. But why give people info when you don't have to?

Any other comments you think would be helpful to an ayahuasa virgin would be much appreciated.

Read alot about it, it's not recommended as a go alone type experience. Metzner's 'Ayahuasca' contains alot of experience accounts, fascinating experiences they are.

OfflineBardo
Re: New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1815583 - 08/15/03 01:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

1) It's normal pracsis to use at least 2 different plants. Usually caapi and viridis, or harmala and mimosa. All can be bought online, so its not hard to get.
The first is a MAOI and the sencond contains DMT. MAOI's can be quite dangerous in combination with certain food-products, so be sure to read up on it (best to fast all day!).
Some people reports quite nice experiences with caapi alone, but you would prolly like both as a start. but start low, and work your way up. I know the temptation to take a big dose of something new, to be sure to get a good effect. But you can easily be in over your head. I've only tried 12,5 g mimosa once (after several low doses), wich should be a "standard dose"... left me 4-5 hours in a mental hell. so be carefull :smile:

and have your friend around as a tripsitter, at least the first time.

But take the advice from above, and go to http://forums.ayahuasca.com/
You'll find all the info you can possibly need...

As for personal experiences, I've only tried the harmala+mimosa combo. first time was with ~3 g. harmala and 6 g. of mimosa ? hour later. it was quite a nice and easy first visit. But be sure to boil it down! I had 8-10 g. at that time, but I simply couldn't drink it all. The 12.5 g I mentioned was boiled down to less than half a cup. But it took a lot of filtering to get it all pure and clean...

The easiest way to get it down, for me, is to bow my head forwards and take a sip. keep it in the front of your mouth, as you can't really taste it there, and wash it down with a little cola. than a small extra sip of cola to "wash" the mouth.

Well, guess I should stop rambeling now :tongue: good luck, and pleasent jouneys.

/Bardo 

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca [Re: Bardo]
    #1816186 - 08/15/03 07:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A couple friends and I are planning on brewing some ayahuasca early next week.  Plans were made to go camping since the begginning of the summer, for this main purpose.  My main concern is consuming the stuff!  =/  Anyhow, I'll let you know how it goes. :smile:    Take care.     

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: New poster here with ? on Ayahuasca [Re: newusername222]
    #1818651 - 08/16/03 01:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

supernova said:
Anyhow, I want to try ayahuasca, and I'm looking for comments from those who have actually used it.  I understand that it can be a very soul searching experience if used right.  My buddy hid some deep in the black forest and told me I could borrow some when I am ready.  I have a couple questions:

Well, Ayahuasca's fun.  It's very visual, somewhat head-fuck, and yeah, it does tend to give one some insights.

You do need at least two plant products:  the DMT source and the MAOI -- I use Mimosa hostilis and syrian rue.  I'm assuming that you're asking about other things, like datura and other plants that have sometimes been added -- no, you don't need these, and, in my opinion, they detract from the experience, so don't use them until you get the feel for aya alone.

Read everything on Erowid about MAOIs -- they can be very dangerous -- though they're very safe if you keep the warnings in mind.

I recommend a dose of 10g Mimosa and 4g rue to start -- then increase the mimosa dosage as desired.

As to keeping it secret -- that's up to you.  Evaluate your own reasons and decide.  I keep my use relatively secret too, so...*shrugs*

The intensity of the trip differs, of course, with the dose.  For me, 10g was an awesome experience but completely manageable. 

Anyway, read up on the stuff on Erowid, and then buy some -- BBB gave me good product.  Be careful, put on some good music like Shpongle, and have a bucket handy, because you're almost certain to puke.  But don't worry -- that's just another part of the Aya experience.  :wink:

Lay back, close your eyes, and enjoy. 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   eBay Mimosa Hostilis   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Psychotria Viridis, Shpongle, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience