Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
sore throat remedy
    #6269482 -

Just thought I'd share this...

I've been sick for a week and a half now, pretty bad cold.  In the past few days I've been somewhat over it, but the worst sore throat in my life persisted.  It was sore from the back of my mouth, all the way down my esophogas.. I'd swallow something and just feel a pulsing wave of pain travelling down through my chest.  I got desperate to the point of looking up some of those old natural remedies, since no OTC medecines were doing squat...

I read somewhere that making a mixture of honey, lemon juice (half and half) and cayanne pepper (as much as you can mix in and stand the spicyness) would cure a sore throat.  Take a spoonful every 2-3 hours or so.  So what the heck, I tried it.  Honey is a natural antibiotic and supposedly has other beneficial properties... not sure the point of the lemon juice but its high in vitamin C at least... the pepper apparently stimulates blood flow to the area to speed up the healing.

Within 24 hours, it was about 90% better... by 48 hours, it was completely healed.  I don't know if its coincidence and I was about to get better anyway... or if it really worked.  But I'm totally going straight for the honey/lemon/pepper mix next time and would implore any of you with a sore throat due to a cold or such to give it a shot. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sore throat remedy [Re: creamcorn]
    #6269535 -

I have tried that before, and it worked great. Kinda tastes like shit though :frown:


--------------------
Draft beer, not people.:faded:

Edited by surf rat (11/10/06 04:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sore throat remedy [Re: surf rat]
    #6270446 -

A hawaiin lady who sold my mom some honey (best honey I've had in my life!!) told her that it cured sore throats.

This dude, from this board, has lung cancer and he said that cayenne peppers releived his pain.


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sore throat remedy [Re: creamcorn]
    #6270577 -

creamcorn said:
I read somewhere that making a mixture of honey, lemon juice (half and half) and cayanne pepper (as much as you can mix in and stand the spicyness) would cure a sore throat. Take a spoonful every 2-3 hours or so. So what the heck, I tried it. ... the pepper apparently stimulates blood flow to the area to speed up the healing.




Did it burn when you took a piss?

I have heard a lot of good things about cayenne pepper but one of the side effects can be an extreme burning sensation when you piss.

Just thought I would ask.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sore throat remedy [Re: creamcorn]
    #6271104 -

first off its malnutrition.

u need to keep ur immune system strong.
u notice everyone usually gets a bug and spreads it.

if ur immune system is strong most the time uve already experienced the bug and ur immune system knows how to fight it, cause it learns and remmebers. ur bodys not getting the right nutrients to operate corectly therefor u get sick easy and takes longer to heal.

another thing i notice people dont do and thats wats most likely getting the bug in them in the first place is not washing ur hands before u eat. simple fix.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sore throat remedy [Re: gregorio]
    #6272007 -

gregorio said:
Did it burn when you took a piss?

I have heard a lot of good things about cayenne pepper but one of the side effects can be an extreme burning sensation when you piss.

Just thought I would ask.



haha no it didn't burn... didn't taste all that bad either, i thought the honey/lemon mostly masked it..

then again i love hot foods to begin with... i buy frank's hot sauce in gallon jugs (literally)... that stuff is cayanne pepper sauce so i guess im pretty well used to/immune to that.

its not like the amount of cayanne pepper powder consumed was any more than some hot chicken wings :wink:  and it doesn't burn when i pee when i eat those either.

habenero is another story, that makes it burn when i poo....  :shocked:


SubGen1us said:
first off its malnutrition.

u need to keep ur immune system strong.
u notice everyone usually gets a bug and spreads it.



and yeah, of course its your immune system.  too much partying the weekend before halloween, with no sleep involved for almost three fulls days, is like giving your immune system a swift kick in the nuts.  i totally deserved to get sick, i was expecting to. :smile:  at any rate, this treats one of the more annoying symptoms. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sore throat remedy [Re: creamcorn]
    #6274083 -

O.K., I was thinking of ground cayanne pepper instead of the liquid.

I listened to Willie Nelson one night on Coast To Coast and he uses it as a way to flush all the toxins out of his body, if I remember correctly. And he said that was one of the side effects.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sore throat remedy [Re: gregorio]
    #6278422 -

Gargle warm water with salt mixed into it, works like a charm!


--------------------
Nothing is sacred!
Life is tough--thick-skinned--impenetrable--so that it can function--work--create--dance--live!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sore throat peace_n_love 799 4 09/10/06 12:24 PM
by browndustin
* Sore Throat! Delyrium 1,437 10 09/19/04 04:46 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* sore throat makaveli8x8 1,338 7 12/24/06 05:13 PM
by makaveli8x8
* Anything to help a sore throat? Hyper_Panda_GO 992 7 08/16/06 02:22 AM
by CptnGarden
* I feel a sore throat coming on...how do I stop it? NickSoapdish 35,622 6 08/16/12 12:38 AM
by passifloracaerulea
* Sore throat and lungs Anonymous 361 2 08/12/12 12:06 PM
by Anonymous
* Sore throat + bloody nose Anonymous 371 2 12/22/12 04:05 PM
by empty space
* I might have Mononucleosis or Strep Throat TODAY 6,700 10 11/23/04 01:47 PM
by MrBump

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,460 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.