Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Hookah

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
I might have Mononucleosis or Strep Throat
    #3383824 - 11/19/04 01:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i had a little bit of a cold onset feeling last week monday. My throat was feeling a little scratchy like before it does when you get a cold. It was sore for a few days but really no big deal. About two or three days passed where i didn't have a sore throat then after a night of very minimal hookah smoking i felt a sore throat at the top of only one side of my throat. It initially wasn't too bad and only isolated to that area. it felt like there was a piece of food or something right behind my throat on that same painful side that i couldn't get out. i was hawking like a maddman to ride that piece of something but i finally realized it must not be food.

hear i am, almost a week after that second sore throat attack and there are no signs of it getting any better, it actually seems to be spreading a little to the bottom back of my throat.

i looked up mononucleosis and strep throat but my only symptom for any of them is a prolonged sore throat. i don't have a fever or anything else. I did think i was getting fatigued but i realized that was actually because i've been doing the most schoolwork i've had this year in the past week.

i think it could be mono because i have been sharing glasses, cigarettes, kissing girls...ay...in the past 4-7 weeks (that's the gestation period for mono). anyways, if you've ever had mono, what do you think? do i have it? i'm going to go to a doctor when i fly home for thanksgiving if there are no signs of improvement.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: I might have Mononucleosis or Strep Throat [Re: TODAY]
    #3385356 - 11/19/04 06:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I had mono once and the fatigue was how I knew I was really sick. Mono was more of an all over shitty feeling and I was exhausted for no reason - got shitfaced off a couple of beers one night & figured something was way off. I've had strep a couple times and some nasty throat infections/tonsilitis and those seemed to be more localized in my throat, if that makes any sense. I'd say if it's only in your throat, it's probably strep, but I sure as hell am no doctor.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3385526 - 11/19/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

either way i'd go in to get antibiotics for strep or if it's mono i forget if you have to take pills. i havent had mono in a long time. used to get strep a lot as a kid. they both suck.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: I might have Mononucleosis or Strep Throat [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3385695 - 11/19/04 07:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, with the sore throat at the top, that's what I thought , but when i had mono, i slept like for two weeks, just sleep. With strep, yeah, deffinately a fever.
GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Invisibleswm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
    #3386507 - 11/19/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you have mono you will feel sleepy and weak.You would probable be better off going to the Dr. if you have insurance.If you don't have insurance get lots of bed rest,take vitamins and drink plenty of fluids.I'm not a Dr. and probably don't know what I'm talking about.So do what you feel is best.Your health is worth more than a doctors bill.

--------------------
I can't spell and I have poor grammar.The crap I just posted is proof enough.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3386558 - 11/19/04 11:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a cold or minor infection.  Your doctor would most likely tell you to wait another 5-10 days and see what happens depending on if you have a fever or not.

Usually when you can feel it moving down your throat and slowly progressing like that, its just a cold\flu\minor infection.  If it persists for another week or so, I would schedule a brief appointment with a doctor.  Hope you feel better. :smile:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3386612 - 11/19/04 11:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Your typically gonna run a higher temperature with Mono. Sounds like you may have an upper-respiratory infection. Although swolen glands "lymph nodes", are a sign of mono... or an infection like what was said above ^

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3392452 - 11/21/04 09:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Shite a flashlight down your throat and look for white spots on your tonsils/back of throat. I had the exact same symptoms as you but my tonsils were covered in white spots. Got some antibiotics from the doc but they didn't work and I just had to wait another week for it to go away. He said it may have been antibiotic-resistant strep or something.

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#3394633 - 11/21/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the advice everybody. i think its finally slowly going away, and i'm not super tired or anything so i think i'm gonna be cool. shite, that was a major scare though. i can't afford to get mono right now.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#3398573 - 11/23/04 03:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm, still there...and really bad in the mornings. its moved the other side and has almost left the initial side. i'm thinking tonsilitis maybe cause i have no other symptoms of strep or mono. grrr, i guess i'll see the doc.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
    #3398645 - 11/23/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i had mono and strep throat at the same time...so painfull. your body wants sleep but the pain in your throat wont allow it.

the doc will give you anti-biotics for the strep, no pill cures mono, your just stuck with that for a few weeks.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Hookah

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being