Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Mushroom Cultivation Videos?
    #6229129 -

Does anybody know of anywhere online (besides the ones on youtube.com) that I can find free videos regarding mushroom cultivation? I'm very new to this, and a very visual learner. So I figure if I could see somebody else actually going through the process it would help immensly.

Also, has anybody else noticed that the search engine on this site kinda blows? Everytime I type something in, I rarely get any results even somewhat similar to what I'm looking for. I dunno maybe it's just me?


--------------------
For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RecockulousShite]
    #6229148 -

google video and youtube both have a few pretty good videos.

And you aren't using the right search button. Use the one for the forum, its lower on the page and says "search posts"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RecockulousShite]
    #6229153 -

I have said this a million times,I have been here for months now and I have came up with the conclusion that I will never ever get the search function on this site to work,If you see something that you will find useful bookmark it and throw it in a flash drive for future reference cause you likelihood of ever finding it again with a search are like like you odds of getting eaten by a shark in your bathtub.Anything you search for will either bring you a million posts including all kinds of useless trip reports and stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with what you searched for or it will say that you search has returned no results at all.Good luck to you and welcome to the shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6229190 -

Thanks Dihnekis.  I did the "search post" thing, and I guess not many people have asked about this.  Also, I found a video over an hour long on google video called "Mushroom Growing Made Easy" just to make it easy for anybody else who might be looking.

Thanks for all the help everybody's given so far.  I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have this huge group of fellow enthusiasts just a few clicks away. :laugh:


--------------------
For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RecockulousShite]
    #6229956 -

Here you go. Includes everything you might want to know.

Link to copyrighted material removed. Do not post such here. RR

Edited by RogerRabbit (10/31/06 07:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: psyborg]
    #6229976 -

There's a few videos out there, but none are free unless it's stolen. I've also been working on one for a long time, and the last six months, I've been working on mine full time. It should be out in a couple of months. It won't be free though, and I'll go nuts if I find it copied and posted online. People deserve to be paid for their work.

Please don't post links to copyrighted material on the boards.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6230035 -

I look forward to seeing your video RR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6230893 -

sorry to say RR, but there is no doubt in my mind... you will find it online.

It sucks, but prolly gonna happen.


--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: Oatman2000]
    #6324017 -

RR, how is your video coming along? think you'll have it for us as a christmas gift?

if you're willing to divulge, i'm curious how it will be different and/or better than the "mushroom growing made easy" video that is on youtube. do you plan on only covering the more advanced methods, or maybe a little of all the different cultivation levels?

i have no experience growing. i am learning as much as i can right now, gearing up to start some personal cultivation, and i'm so glad to have found this site and forum. i'm probably starting with the pf-tek or one of its modifications, then moving on to casing methods and beyond.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6324027 -

It will most definitely be online.  Torrents everywhere.

You can count on tons of us including myself to purchase a copy though. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: etam]
    #6324587 -

It'll happen the day it's released, or even beforehand. I really don't think that - in practice, as opposed to in theory - the negative affect piracy has is all that significant. Most people who pirate software/movies/music were not going to pay for the said content anyway. The general population would rather pay than have to fiddle with Bittorrent, port forwarding and XDCC, among other things.

A lot of people got into this hobby from that cultivation video on Google Video. A lot of very talented and significant web artists, programmers, 3d artists, etc would not have gotten into those hobbies if it wasn't for piracy. I mean, who - at least as a kid - would be able to afford Photoshop or 3D Studio Max?

I would worry more about trying to get good reviews, but being that 1) you're very educated on this subject and 2) most of us in this scene respect you, that's probably not going to be a problem.

Going on topic.. there's a few videos and ebooks around but they're mainly outdated. I recommend just peaking at this forum daily to learn the lingo, and spending most of your time reading the latest teks (guides). A lot of them have detailed pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: Quake3]
    #6324784 -

Filming is complete and it's in post production. It's a two DVD set, that covers everything. I show how to mix agar, to do strain isolations, cloning, even hybridization. I show how to prepare rye berries and get the exact right moisture content every time. I show how to prepare manure substrates, straw substrates, and sawdust/wood chip substrates. Additional segments are on contaminants, sterile procedures, grow area building, humidity controls, microscopy, etc.

A whole section covers the pf tek, starring our fellow shroomerite Roadkill. You can watch him mix up a batch of cakes. He inoculates them in a glovebox with oyster mushroom LC.

Trust me when I say it won't be like any video you've ever seen. I hope to have post production stuff done by Christmas, but it won't be out yet. perhaps late Jan or Feb.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6324824 -

Sounds good RogerRabbit. I'll probably buy a copy on principal alone. I've read just about every book and watched every movie just trying to pick up any little bit of info I didn't already have. I'd have to say that pretty much all of them are outdated, incomplete, and contain inefficient methods. Hope you can do the process justice (as I'm sure you will).

As far as the search engine goes, I don't know what you guys are talking about. It works like a charm for me. You just need to know how to use it. Main thing I would say is to put pluses (+'s) in front of all of the words in your search queue. This means if you were trying to find this post at a later date, you would search for "+mushroom +cultivation +videos". The plus signs mean that those words HAVE to be included in the results. Searching for "mushroom cultivation videos" is essentially like searching for "mushroom OR cultivation OR videos".


--------------------

Edited by soulsizzle (12/01/06 03:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: soulsizzle]
    #6324941 -

The search feature is great.

Advanced Search Tips
Boolean notation is supported, allowing you to explicitly include and exclude words and group them into phrases. Here are some example queries:

Find either word: mushroom information
Find both words: +mushroom +information
Find exact phrase: "mushroom information"
Exclude words: mushroom -poison -amanita

To find more than one phrase, you can do +"pf tek" +"no PC" or +"how to" etc.. use it like you would use Google. I just use it the same way I use Google.
http://www.cwire.org/data-mining-using-google/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6325859 -

RogerRabbit said:
Filming is complete and it's in post production. It's a two DVD set, that covers everything. I show how to mix agar, to do strain isolations, cloning, even hybridization. I show how to prepare rye berries and get the exact right moisture content every time. I show how to prepare manure substrates, straw substrates, and sawdust/wood chip substrates. Additional segments are on contaminants, sterile procedures, grow area building, humidity controls, microscopy, etc.

A whole section covers the pf tek, starring our fellow shroomerite Roadkill. You can watch him mix up a batch of cakes. He inoculates them in a glovebox with oyster mushroom LC.

Trust me when I say it won't be like any video you've ever seen. I hope to have post production stuff done by Christmas, but it won't be out yet. perhaps late Jan or Feb.
RR



Wow thats soon! Can't wait to buy it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: ChronicStiffy]
    #6326551 -

post deleted


please don't post any links to mushroom videos!~
they might be copywrited.
-Roadkill


--------------------

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ShroomCity
http://audiostreet.net/radelbaluvar
Shrooms Rock and so does Pinky.

Edited by Roadkill (12/03/06 11:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6326935 -

RogerRabbit said:
Filming is complete and it's in post production.  It's a two DVD set, that covers everything.  I show how to mix agar, to do strain.............Trust me when I say it won't be like any video you've ever seen.  I hope to have post production stuff done by Christmas, but it won't be out yet.  perhaps late Jan or Feb.
RR



Hey RR this is all very awesome, you would certainly have my support in acquiring a fresh DVD off the production line....very cool...keep us informed....and thanks for ALLL your hard work and good advice. :stoned:


--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RadelBaluvar]
    #6327266 -

RadelBaluvar said:
You may find this interesting:




:eek: Which tek is he using? Looks interesting, never saw it before..


***Url removed***
-Roadkill

Edited by Roadkill (12/03/06 11:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: baltazar]
    #6329713 -

post deleted


please don't post any links to mushroom videos!~
they might be copywrited.
-Roadkill


--------------------

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ShroomCity
http://audiostreet.net/radelbaluvar
Shrooms Rock and so does Pinky.

Edited by Roadkill (12/03/06 11:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Videos? [Re: RecockulousShite]
    #6329971 -

If you want to see some mushroom growing video's for free....

do a search on Google.


I will not allow posting of urls to mushroom growing video's in here!~

These video's might be copywrited material...

and I have recieved complaints in the past from several different people that have made some of the video's posted in here...

Demanding that the links to the videos be deleted or they were going to take legal action to have the links removed.


Several links have been posted in this thread...

I have deleted them...

and now I am closing this thread to prevent anymore from being posted.


Click!~



--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* casing from "The mushroom Cultivator" upupup 19,465 9 10/13/25 10:12 AM
by yearofnolight
* Re: Cultivation Video Teks 12BLate 3,594 13 01/24/00 02:00 PM
by Ryche Hawk
* "The Mushroom Cultivator" or "Growing Gourmet..." Aeolus1369 3,862 3 08/20/02 07:33 AM
by Bruiser
* Re: Mushroom Cultivators paddoholland 1,919 1 03/21/01 11:44 PM
by hitemo
* Anyone who owns "the mushroom cultivator" read Under_net 3,271 4 03/06/02 08:02 AM
by Anno
* mushroom cultivation pamhplet - advice goatywoaty 4,845 18 11/14/05 11:14 PM
by StrophariaShaman
* The mushroom cultivator says...... Visigoth 3,283 12 09/22/02 06:48 PM
by Champion des Champignons
* Mushroom cultivator LSD_4me 1,882 8 03/09/02 05:06 AM
by LSD_4me

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,421 topic views. 13 members, 94 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.