Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRaven_420
TITLE

Loc: Canada
Casing With Dunked, Cold Shocked Cakes?
    #616776 - 04/23/02 10:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hi there. I was thinking about dunking my cake and leaving it in the fridge for 12-18 hours (depends when I wake up tomorrow). What I was wondering is where or not it is possible to case the cake? Or can I not cold shock yet, because I have to wait until the casing is colonized before cold shocking because it's basically telling it to start fruiting? If this is the case, can I still dunk my cakes before casing? Thanks alot. Any help would great.

-Raven

--------------------
* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefrocie
Re: Casing With Dunked, Cold Shocked Cakes? [Re: Raven_420]
    #616795 - 04/23/02 10:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Cold Shocking gives it the 10 or so degree drop and pinning begins. when you case the mycellium colonizes your casing establishing a strong network to produce fruits. Cold shocking a 'cake' to Initiate pinning would defeat the purpose of casing (you dont want to initiate pinning before you case). You can however cold shock a casing after your casing layer colonizes but you most likely wont have to do this

In reply to:

If this is the case, can I still dunk my cakes before casing?

You could, but it isn't necessary when you are casing.
dunking is mainly for re-saturizing cakes after flushes therefore replacing the moisture that the fruits took.

Shroomery FAQ - Casing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation