Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cooking Bag vs Jars
    #615789 -

Hi. A while back I read on the website a way to grow shroomies using Chicken or Turkey cooking bags to replace 4 or 5 jars. I can no longer find the link but I'm very interested in giving this method a shot. If anyone has any info on this method I'd highly appreciate it. If anyone's tried it let me know if its a good method. If no one knows anything I think I'll try it using PF Tek with 5 Jars per bag and 3-4 cc per bag. Any input will be appreciated :smile:
Thanks
-Jay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking Bag vs Jars [Re: DjSquared]
    #615793 -

Ugh, you could fill bags up with PF substrate, a whole grain, compost, straw, or whatever you choose. You can even buy them presterilized. Go look at sporeworks and Dr. Bluethumbs site.


--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking Bag vs Jars [Re: phrozendata]
    #616268 -

I don't want premade bags. A while bag I read on this site of a way to use Cooking Bags for PF TEK instead of Jars. It used those bags that you put turkeys or chickens in to cook. It seemed like a good method. I just can't find the link any longer on the site. I was just wondering if anyone had a link or any info on this method.
Thanks,
-jay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking Bag vs Jars [Re: DjSquared]
    #616311 -

I ve saw this question ask many times on the boards and seems to me the problem has always been that a regular turkey bag will burst under PC from what I recall.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking Bag vs Jars [Re: SouthernGent]
    #616319 -

"seems to me the problem has always been that a regular turkey bag will burst under PC from what I recall."

Not necessarily true.

1. Make sure the bag can "breathe", ie. make a polyfill "filter" at the top.

2. MAKE SURE THE BAG WON'T BLOCK THE EMERGENCY RELEASE VALVE! I found out the hard way and blew my old PC up...:crazy:

Do a search for Una's posts, good stuff on this matter.

Wait, better yet...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=4496&F_Board=Forum4&Thread=562556&partnumber=1&postmarker=


Good luck, keep us posted.

Peas,

Slo


 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking Bag vs Jars [Re: sloluva]
    #616326 -

like I said slo... one of the common problems with the turkey bags is they burst under PC... not everytime obviously if you ve been happy doing it that way but theres a shit load of posts here where they say the bags burst open. sorry you blew your pc up by mistake by the way.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking Bag vs Jars [Re: SouthernGent]
    #616366 -

Any bag that doesn't melt will burst in a PC if you seal it... learned the hard way. Follow the posts by Una and you should be fine.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* reynold's cooking bags mad_scientist 912 4 05/15/02 09:29 PM
by Angel_Magic79
* Bags or jars? avarrin 1,041 3 05/21/02 03:49 PM
by Portal
* bulk rye : bags or jars? Freefly 1,502 2 04/12/02 06:05 AM
by cookiewhore
* jump start grain/seed with BRF/V jars KaliedoscopEyes 1,422 5 07/18/02 09:31 AM
by walt
* Pressure Cooking Non-Standard Jars Split 1,160 2 03/10/02 03:27 PM
by SixTango
* caterpillars in my jars....WHAAAT!? Champion des Champignons 2,323 4 04/16/02 02:14 AM
by Champion des Champignons
* Exploding Oven Bags effwun 2,634 8 10/28/01 11:39 AM
by Anonymous
* Shakin' a bunch of jars....Too many jars...
( 1 2 3 all )
Justweed 2,393 50 06/03/21 07:42 PM
by Mr. Mushie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,536 topic views. 12 members, 108 guests and 175 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.