Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFMRC
Stranger
Loc: Pensacola, FL
Mr. G. Wrong Information Again
    #614564 - 04/21/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Mr G. at http://www.fmfarms.com/ Foggy Mountain Farms, has posted incorrect information:
Psilocybe Mexicana:
$15.00 each. FMF Strain or we have heard it called "Mexicana B" by the public. There have only been two isolations of this species, one on the Gulf Coast by FMRC and one by Mr.G on the East coast. Steve Peele thinks it is a Mexicana/Cubensis hybrid, ours is a Mexicana and is easily cultivated and stains a strong blue, much more then Cubensis.
......There have been many cloned isolations of this species. The CBS Culture Bank in The Netherlands holds #609.79 deposited by R. Kuhner and #138.85 deposited by J. Graauwmans. There are also other isolations banked in several European culture banks. For him to say FMRC and Mr. G. are the only two to isolate this species is totally wrong. Steve Peele has never thought there was a Mexicana/Cubensis hybrid. He knows that such a mushroom does not exist as the chromosome match/count does not allow this. After reading so many wrong statements in such a short order, I had to leave this site.
I post this information to keep the truth alive, and to remind everyone....just because you can hop over a fence...collect a few mushrooms...clone said mushrooms (no harder than a 6th grade science project), then open up a store.....you can't compete with a professional mycologist. This is evident as soon as you open your mouth and try to spit out mycological data. You would do yourself much good if you would just claim to be an amateur......and acquire some mycological mental ammunition before you make wrong statements about me ever again. slp/fmrc

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: FMRC]
    #614582 - 04/21/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: World Spirit]
    #614655 - 04/21/02 11:48 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

yeah...perhaps he took too much drugs???

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #614670 - 04/21/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I do not know what his problem he is... he has a bit of a god complex going for him.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Offlinejohnwsmoke
Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: DinoMyc]
    #614715 - 04/21/02 12:46 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

"... he has a bit of a god complex going for him."
So does Steve Peele. Not that there is anything "wrong" with admiring your own knowledge. I get TMC and have read Mr. Peele's monographs...spoke to him on the phone...He is the real deal, but he seems to harbors resentment toward certain professional American mycologists (especially the ones with the popular books). I hope SLP does not take my observations and comments the wrong way...The way I see it, people who go out on a limb, like Mr. G, and make comments with which some may disagree, help to better inform themselves and members like me. Remember, none of really have ANY facts without evidence...

--------------------
Jon was a crippled, midget, lezbian boy- but he stood 10' tall with a KNIFE...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #614864 - 04/21/02 04:21 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

This "Mr. G" seems to be a bit of a bozo. Not only does he try to make it sound as if he is single handidly responsible for the worlds growth of mushrooms, but he cross posts and posts the same post in multiple forums.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #618637 - 04/25/02 05:54 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

he cross posts and posts the same post in multiple forums.

Does he also make incredibly redundant statements?

--------------------
- uno

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #618744 - 04/25/02 07:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I myself as some may have noticed also went on a rampage regarding 90% of Mr. G.s obnoxious statements as false information or misinformation as I like to classify it.

Steven Pollock also had many strains of both P. mexicana and P. tampanensis depostied around the world in University herbariums, along with specimens and sporeprints.

While I was in Amssterdam lecturing and attending the 1998 Psychpactivity Conference, I was able to visit about 20 of the so-called smart shops in Amsterdam.

Many of these shops were selling sporeprints for Psilocybe mexicanus, These prints of course all turned out to be large P. cubensis prints because P. mexicana is abotu the size of a dime to a nickle in size in its natural habitat and usually sporeless in its in vitro cultivation.

I also found four shops selling Psilocybe cyanescens dark purple brown sporeprints as Panaeolus cyanescens.

In fact the majority of these shops had no idea aboutt the mushrooms whatsoever, outside of maybe eating a few doses every now and then.

While it is cool that they sell these shrooms to the public is one thing, but buying from them is another.

Their sales persons or representitives are like the 70 year old lady in Harolds Department store in London who is trying to sellyou a $600.00 camera or a four hundred dollar VCR player but has no comprehension how to program the VCR or is able to instrucked you on the f-stops on the camera.

I watched a Dutch boy tell two Italians intersted in purchasing mushrooms fromthe shop. They asked about the effects of the p. cubensis shrooms vs. the Copelandia (Panaeolus_ cyanescens.

Well he tells the lady reading from a print chat. The cubensis give you a dreamy visionary state and the copelandia's let you watch cartoonies in your head.

Real intelligence.

So as for Mr. G's mexicana-cubensis strain-- Phooey, also phooey to his cubensis-azurescens hybred species, also non-exixtant.

This is the man who tried to tell me how the Copelandia's came to Florida from Cattle escaping sink9nf Spanish Gallions off od the Florida coast which also had pineapple slips on them, not knowing that no Florida Cattle ever came from Hawaii.

He makes up stories and then believes them and then repeats them to newcomers and others here at this and other sites and the misinformation grows into real stupid urban legends. Of which there were none until someone made them up.

mj

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: mjshroomer]
    #618762 - 04/25/02 08:12 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well said.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: uno]
    #619081 - 04/26/02 03:51 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, just like mine! I meant to say off topic and cross posts.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #619083 - 04/26/02 03:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Edited:

The guy seems to be starting flames here.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (04/26/02 01:10 PM)

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: Jammer]
    #619127 - 04/26/02 05:28 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Jammer correct me if I m wrong, but isn't it a Mods job to be neutral to all members and just moderate the forums? I m not saying I disagree or agree with your statement Fuck MrG, but I think it's out of hand for a mod to take sides. Thats what make people think this place is run by a bunch of socks. Just my not so humble opinion.

--------------------

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Re: Mr. G. Wrong Information Again [Re: SouthernGent]
    #637805 - 05/20/02 11:33 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i see where southerngent is coming from, but i also feel that jammer has a right to his own opinion, reguardless of his moderator prevlidges here. i think if jammer started locked like ALL of mr.g's post, for the hell of it, THEN i think he would be in a position, where he is no longer more like one of us, but like a abusive power head (like a cop or something ) ive read many of mr.g's post, just cause ive heard/been told hes a lame ass by so many, they do seem kind of wavy sometimes, by the way he talks. and yes he does seem like he is the founder of mushroom strains. but just like in the real world, believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear
peace
rain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order