Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Who plays paintball?
    #6132078 -

I may be looking to buy a paintball gun soon, but I'm not too sure what to look for.  I know Tippman 98's are pretty standard and decent, but what else is out there.  16oz tank or 20oz tank?  Would be playing in bush and open "city like" courses.  If anyone plays give me some advice :laugh:


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6132091 -

I play Air ball which is much different than woods ball. We use guns that can shoot up to 25 balls per second. A tippman 98 is no good for that but is a good gun when you just want to mess around.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: GbBaker]
    #6132117 -

I would be doing anything to serious, but I would like something better than a tippman 98 without blowing huge amounts of cash.

Airball is with the inflatable obsticals right?


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6132310 -

Quote:
Who plays paintball?



Exactly :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: Newbie]
    #6132421 -

bah to you. paintball is fun as hell


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6132424 -

I used to play a lot. I bought a GT 2000 years back with a 20oz tank, now the gun has leaky seals and I can't really be bothered fixing it. My equipment is outdated. Last time I went to play paintball I just rented their equipment, it was only like $20 and for the amount I go out and play it's worth just renting. I'll sell you my stuff for cheap if you want, may need a little work though. It's a powerful gun though, it would normally shoot as high as 320 fps and field regulations are i think around 280 or 240? I forget now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #6132474 -

I was thinking I'd spend a bit of money and get a half decent new gun, Autococker or Spyder, they seem like nice guns for some of the prices. Don't want to be bothered with a project gun, simple barrel and maybe hopper is all I'd want to do.

Last course I played on was 280fps or below.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6132490 -

I got into paintball a bit two years ago. Bought an ion used for $200 bucks. Pretty good gun, used compressed air rather than CO2, so I generally only played with it at courses where i could get free air, considering my compressed air tank is only 30 psi and small.

I also got a spyder xtra, which was a decent cheap gun that used co2. Good for woodsball, no good for airball. Although it's been about 2 years since i've been into it, if you're going to get a spyder and play primarily woodsball, I'd recommend the imagine, if they're still around i guess. It was basically the same thing as an xtra, but with an electric trigger. Spyder is pretty sturdy and a good choice for new players who don't plan on getting too deep into it. And the electric trigger will let you really spit some paint at relatively high pace, especially if you're going to be playing against tipmanns.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6132545 -

Get an autococker.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6132830 -

dont get a spyder, if you want something similar i reccomend pirhana, it can take any of the parts made for spyders, same design and all, but they are made by PMI. Ive had mine for 5 years, played tons, and it still works great...best of all it was only like $140, most autocockers are 300+

and i knock out all the rich kiddies and some of the adults with $800+ bob longs all day long..

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: supra]
    #6132871 -

Amazon has refurbished imagines for like 70 bucks - quite a bit cheaper than $140. Out of curiosity, why not a spyder?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #6132910 -

Autocockers are sweet. They are defenitly my favorite, although people new to them can easily screw them up if you dont read up on them. Tippmann 98's are good markers for woodsball. They are pretty tough and can take alot of abuse, plus they have a fairly simple design so you can clean them easily without getting parts screwed up. I've played for around 3 years and i can tell you it is one of the funnest sports i have played, airball or woods. Around here the local field will hold biig scenario event days where 300+ people show up and its soo fun. But man can it ever get expensive. Paintball is a very expensive sport so be prepared. Although if you're just playing with a few friends in the woods and dont really get into tournaments and stuff, you wont end up spending too much.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: Jraft]
    #6133013 -

I wouldn't go for a pirahna. Haven't heard much good from them. I found a site that sells trilogy competition cockers for $240, Smart Parts ION for $250, Tippmann Custom 98 ACT for $180, and Spyder Pilot ACS for $180. I just need to find a place to read up on mods and all that, because I may be able to buy a nive hopper, trigger, barrel ect to go with the 98 or Pilot and end up spending a little more than just having a stock ION or cocker and end up with a better gun....

hrrmmm


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6133621 -

i'd recommend a 98 custom. that's what i have and it's been great. very reliable gun. theres also so many add-ons you can get for it in the future if you wanted. flatline barrels are really nice, i believe they have the furthest range of any other guns out there. you can mount a nice scope on it.

as for air, if you're going to be playing in cold weather at all, get a nitrogen tank. i have co2, and whenever i play in the winter time, the co2 becomes very unreliable. doesnt fire accurately in the winter, doesnt fire as far, sometimes it wont even fire if it's cold enough.


--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6133916 -

tipp 98C no question... i shot like 10,000+ balls and only 1 broke in the barrel (edit: until you've spent some time at the field and seen people with other types of markers you won't appreciate this number. some people break a ball in the barrel and have to dissassemble/clean the barrel once every hour, if they are lucky). the gun didn't fire 3 times and each time i just had to pull back on the cocking handle and it fired. while everyone in the fort was cleaning autocockers because the ball broke in the barrel i was having a shooting gallery at the window. i won an airball tournament with the 98 custom. i've gone against 2 other guys 1 vs 2 on airball (they had Angels, $1000+ markers) and i beat them several times and always got 1 of them... basically because i wasn't afraid of their markers. i can't explain it, it's sort of like riding a bike you have to figure it out for yourself, there is a Nature to paintball... you have to be able to know the situation and what needs to be done, then be willing to risk getting shot. if there is a simply awesome spot that if you get there, you can take out 5 guys, you have to decide whether to risk getting shot. i was always sprinting across the field (i never carried extra paintballs cuz they slowed me down) with 5 people shooting at me but i made it 90 percent of the time because newbies don't realize that you have to shoot in front of people to hit them when they are running parrallel to you. people who spend $1000 on a paintball gun just like to sit behind the bunker and fire 20 balls a second at you, but barely hit anything. i've had rounds where i took out 10+ people because i got behind the position, and honestly i can't think of one situation where an autococker would have been more help than trouble.

if you are good it doesn't matter what marker you have (as long as it works well like tippmann), you will be good, and if you are bad it doesn't matter what marker you have, you will be bad. the 98 always fires. i got a new barrel for it for 25 bucks and an air tank and a few other add ons and it was accurate and easy to handle. basically i had the most fun when i didn't have to worry about the marker at all so i bought a Revolution hopper (so there would always be a ball in the barrel) and a Rocketcock to cover the bolt and keep the inside of the gun clean.

it is more important to learn good strategies. i guess some people enjoy having this complex toy that takes an hour to fix and then shoots 200 paintballs then another hour to fix again, and the fact that their gun is working at the moment brings them that good feeling. but if you like wargame the tippmann shoots fast, accurate, and wont break down in the middle of play. there were tons of "old timers" who still played with 98customs or original 98's, and they were always the best at woods ball because of how they played. tippmanns are simple that is why they don't break and are cheap. other markers are made of plastic like spyders or whatever and the expensive ones are expensive because they have lots of little parts that break easily.

i noticed people with spyder and other similar markers were always replacing o-rings and fixing broken guns. tippmann is the best paintball gun no question. i bought a 32 degrees Nite Stick barrel, very good fit for the type of paintballs that the field i went to sells. you should go to a field and test out markers, people will let you in my experience. everyone wants to show you how cool their marker is, just say you are thinking of buying one. they might even let you play a round with it.

i also bought a double trigger. most of the serious woodsball players had 98's with a 12/14 inch barrel and about half had air/nitrogen tanks, which i reccomend if you have enough $. a tippman with AIR is way better than an autococker in my opinion, for the reasons i've said. this has been very long but i'm super in love with this sport and don't like seeing people make the mistake of buying the wrong marker.



here is the marker minus the tank which you can't see


here's a pic of the tank, it fit nicely under my arm and i could also put it above my shoulder and fire the gun from above when aiming over bushes/walls. the double trigger made that easy. it's covered with a wool sock

Edited by sleepy (10/04/06 08:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6133954 -

barfightlard said:
bah to you.  paintball is fun as hell



:lol:  I'm just kidding.  I've never actually played, so I haven't given it a fair enough chance to have an opinion.  It looks fun though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #6133965 -

ive seen a lot of broken spiders at the field, and not nearly as many broken pirhanas. Strangely enough the new rentals they got are all pirhanas, and as you know, they get treated like shit, and work great...same goes for the expensive guns, their great if you really play a ton, but be willing to fix it alot, as they have mroe probs.

I have also recommended them to 2 of my friends, who both bought one, and both love it...the tippman 98 is a great gun too, couldnt go wrong with either

all this is just MY experience, YMMV

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6134089 -

barfightlard said:
I wouldn't go for a pirahna. Haven't heard much good from them. I found a site that sells trilogy competition cockers for $240, Smart Parts ION for $250, Tippmann Custom 98 ACT for $180, and Spyder Pilot ACS for $180. I just need to find a place to read up on mods and all that, because I may be able to buy a nive hopper, trigger, barrel ect to go with the 98 or Pilot and end up spending a little more than just having a stock ION or cocker and end up with a better gun....

hrrmmm




that site that sells "comp" cockers is trying to sell you the name "Cocker". if you buy a complex gun you have to spend alot of money to make them work... people with cockers are always buying new air valves and whatnot because the stock ones are intentionally made poorly.... so that you will spend more money!!!!! it will probably still break all the time. if you buy a cocker i know you have to have an air tank, you can't really use co2. i'd say get a tippmann and an air tank for 200$ on ebay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: sleepy]
    #6134122 -

someone just said on a site that you can get those cockers for 80bucks on pbnation.  if you are mechanically oriented and have tried cockers and like them, it might be a good fit for you.  personally i never saw what was better in other guns from the tippmann.  people say you can shoot faster but i always got lots of eliminations :wink: and accuracy was never an issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who plays paintball? [Re: sleepy]
    #6134212 -

If anybody here wants to buy some very nice paintball guns, I have pair of really nice system x guns available, both with different slight modifications (like the flame drop down you can see on the blue one), both guns have been used in competitions with great success. Neither have had co2 put through them only nitro/compressed air. Only one problem with the gray two tone one, it needs a new pressure guage, which can easily be replaced for under 10 bucks.



Both guns originally retailed above $500.00 ($579.00 i believe) each. I paid $425.00 each. I now have an angel with all the goodies on it that cost me $1200.00 and about $300.00 in upgrades (I no longer do competitions, but I still play alot around the farm). I would be willing to part with both system X guns (prefer to sell or trade as a pair but I will look at all offers of course)... I know this should be in the marketplace, but i figured the people who care will be in this thread...


--------------------


♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Paintball
( 1 2 all )
Andyy 2,922 22 04/28/14 11:02 AM
by Herbologist
* Missed Paintball D-Day Zombi3 1,381 5 06/25/15 09:09 PM
by trippinballs420
* paintballing
( 1 2 all )
gilesypopper 2,108 21 05/22/08 09:39 AM
by MisterMuscaria
* Paintballing
( 1 2 3 4 all )
hpi 6,886 70 05/04/09 11:35 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Paintballing.......fun as hell!
( 1 2 all )
Almond Flour 2,987 28 05/28/12 02:22 AM
by Bigrichshrooms
* Anyone Play Paintball?
( 1 2 all )
trip forever 2,813 22 05/10/10 12:27 PM
by Avid
* Paintball pfxtc 949 19 07/28/12 02:36 PM
by pfxtc
* Paintballing while high. Shamanintraining 2,454 18 11/27/08 06:24 PM
by Razor3lade

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,233 topic views. 6 members, 24 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.