Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: paintballing [Re: Mojo]
    #8430037 -

Mojo said:
How old are the cats at the field usually? Is this manly something that teenagers do? (like 13/14 yr olds?)

Just doing a little research, i can see that the sport has changed drastically since my day. Is everything full auto now? Back in the day, full auto was banned from the field i went too. lol.

Oh, and WTF is a paint ball marker?



The NXL is full auto which is complete bullshit and I hope that fucking league dies because it's one of the main reasons I think paintball is in a recession right now. Other leagues have ramping, which I also fucking hate because both full auto and ramping take some of the human factor and skill out of the game. Also if you got 20 balls or 15 balls a second flying opposed to nine to thirteen balls per second flying, it's going limit movement and limit the strategy and skill in the game. It's a minor point and I'm showing a major old school philosophy by thinking that way but I hate it. I also think the reason a lot of the industry is in recession is fucking greed and by making ramping common and mainstream field owners, paint company owners, and tournament promoters make more money because more paint is being bought and shot but I still think it's at the sacrifice of the quality of the game. If you play rec though it's semi and always going to be semi because of insurance reasons, but everything is electronic now so even the twelve year with the new spyder is going to be shooting 10 to 13 balls per second.

I'm 23 now and if you get into the competitive realm it's about fifteen to twenty-year olds with a lot of older guys who've been playing forever. But it's weird when I started I was one of the prodical new generation of kids who were blowing apart twenty to thirty year olds, now it's nothing but fucking kids destroying me.

Paintball Marker is a paintball gun, some people call them marker because it's more politically correct and trying to take some of the violent or negative association out of the sport. Back in 1999 and 2000 the modern push to make paintball a legit sport started with the bright colored jerseys, air ball, going from ten man to seven man and then to x-ball (which is bullshit, and I think x-ball is bullshit even though I play it) and getting out of the woods. So that's why people started calling guns "markers". I should kick myself in the face because I hate politically correct words and refuse to use them, however like I said when it comes to paintball I revert into an excited thirteen year old.

Sidenote since we're on the subject I often smoke weed before tournaments because it helps to calm me down and make smarter decisions. Some of you may have played high level paintball or any high level sports and know how fucking intense and stressful it is. Smoking a blunt helps to mellow the waters.

I don't know a lot of the innocence and fun has been taken out of paintball but it's still the best sport out there.


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: paintballing [Re: Mojo]
    #8432260 -

Mojo said:
How old are the cats at the field usually? Is this manly something that teenagers do? (like 13/14 yr olds?)

Just doing a little research, i can see that the sport has changed drastically since my day. Is everything full auto now? Back in the day, full auto was banned from the field i went too. lol.

Oh, and WTF is a paint ball marker?



Last time I went I saw teenagers, guys in their 20s and even a few 50+ year old men!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Who plays paintball?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
barfightlard 7,233 85 02/02/09 08:23 PM
by supra
* Paintballing.......fun as hell!
( 1 2 all )
Almond Flour 2,987 28 05/28/12 02:22 AM
by Bigrichshrooms
* Paintballing
( 1 2 3 4 all )
hpi 6,886 70 05/04/09 11:35 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Anyone Play Paintball?
( 1 2 all )
trip forever 2,813 22 05/10/10 12:27 PM
by Avid
* Paintball
( 1 2 all )
Andyy 2,922 22 04/28/14 11:02 AM
by Herbologist
* Paintballing while high. Shamanintraining 2,454 18 11/27/08 06:24 PM
by Razor3lade
* Looking for info and sales of an IPOD and paintball items. cApTaInCrAp 951 6 11/28/06 02:43 AM
by Flipz
* Anyone play paintball? danlennon3 533 8 03/21/10 02:12 PM
by Vibes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,108 topic views. 9 members, 11 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.