Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity?
    #6111173 -

For all you monotub users, what is the room your tub sits in's temp and RH? I've been reading thing like "Oh my Monotub maintains a pefect 95% with the 6 polyfilled holes" etc...Well I'm just worried that my room is too cold and not humid enough for it to self-sustain, and I want optimum conditions. And If I can return my Ultrasonic, I'd like that $58 back lol.

Thanks,

Wayne


(I know I already have a thread going about my entire project, but this is one question, about something specific I haven't seen mentioned and I need a direct answer.)


--------------------
Saw the Gap again today....

Edited by Hoolio (09/28/06 12:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: Insane_Wayne]
    #6111283 -

the substrate inside the monotub provides the humidity for the shrooms, the only variables really are how many holes you put in it, the amt of polyfill in each hole, and how well sealed ur tub is.  start with a few holes, moniter RH and adapt from there, u wont need an ultrasonic for a monotube, so return it and buy some bud :smile:


--------------------
----------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: odium33]
    #6111337 -

Quote:
and buy some bud :smile:



:thumbup:


--------------------


My Fall Mushrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: seg_x]
    #6111558 -

k

Edited by Dihnekis (11/10/08 01:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6111680 -

monotub room specs:

temps: steady 73-76

humidity: ambient, usually 10-40%, not to be even considered

air movement: steady, at least one fan in the room always on.
I use three fans in the monotub room, on low, oscillating, not pointing
directly at any tubs.

note: the monotubs should always be off of the ground! At least
a foot or two above the floor. On a milk crate, or shelf, or....
The air is very dirty down there, dirtier than the rest of the air,
so keep the tubs up where they are less inundated with it.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: monstermitch]
    #6112610 -

Thanks a bunch guys, I think my room will be just right then, I want the inside temps to be optimum, so If they aren't once it's all setup I'll just TIT it.


--------------------
Saw the Gap again today....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: Insane_Wayne]
    #6112679 -

no do not tit it.

never heat a fruiting chamber.

if you have to, heat the whole room.

it's easier anyway.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: monstermitch]
    #6113218 -

monstermitch said:
no do not tit it.

never heat a fruiting chamber.

if you have to, heat the whole room.

it's easier anyway.



Oh, I always thought that would be a pretty acceptable way to do it. Other than being easier, why is it better to heat the whole room?


--------------------


-=Be a part of the movement=-
http://www.norml.org/
-=Support the free spore rings=-
Canada www.fsrcanada.com
Europe http://www.fsre.nl/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: unseenat17]
    #6113562 -

A heat source under neath your tub will cause to much condensation.

You'll end up with puddles on your sub.


--------------------
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.
~Dr. Emmett Brown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: S33D]
    #6114372 -

Ok, I'm going to return my Ultrasonic, and my massive rubbermaid containter, and get an even bigger rubbermaid container that is has flat square walls, this one has too many bubbly indentations etc for my liking. I'll be doing a rye substrate monotub...not positive about the bottom layer and casing yet though....so many options.


Is there such thing as too big of a monotub? And is there such thing as laying to thick of a substrate layer.

Thanks for all your help guys.

(My current Monotub so people know what I'm talking bout)


--------------------
Saw the Gap again today....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: Insane_Wayne]
    #6114432 -

I tried a double tub not that long ago and I can tell you that they aren't lying when they say that hpoo creates its own heat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6116327 -

How about with a Rye Monotub?


--------------------
Saw the Gap again today....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Monotub ambient room Temp/humidity? [Re: Insane_Wayne]
    #6116365 -

Just rye in the mono tub ?? :strokebeard: Hmmm,It wouldn't create heat the way horse poo would I don't remember seeing anyone go a just rye grow in a mono tub,I have had some good invitro rye and its the same idea.Give it a try and see what happens

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Temp/Humidity Gauges DannyBoy 1,538 4 03/18/03 02:01 PM
by Alien
* temp-humidity gauge Anonymous 1,548 11 06/27/02 02:10 PM
by ElectricGnome
* Re: trying to fruit pf pints, temp? humidity? cold shock? Anonymous 2,132 4 08/03/00 07:40 AM
by Anonymous
* Maintaining Humidity at Optimum Levels for Pinning on Casing Anonymous 1,165 4 05/09/03 04:45 PM
by jakeholman
* temp, humidity issues JoeShroomer 1,272 1 03/10/02 07:37 PM
by sixpac440
* Idea for temp/humidity control primal_future 1,966 4 07/15/02 08:09 PM
by kykeon
* Post deleted by users_request malibu76 911 7 05/28/02 09:49 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* temp/Humid nobodycares42 1,170 8 02/11/02 01:44 AM
by nobodycares42

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
8,392 topic views. 21 members, 132 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.