Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
California: The Punchline - Direct from my blog
    #6093388 - 09/23/06 03:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

California is a joke. Just once I would like to see us do something normal. We cant smoke in doors, we cant decide if we want Grey Davis in office or not, we cant drive while on our cell phones and now we have a lawsuit against car companies. Yes, car companies. The state of California, the state I am almost embarrassed to call my home, filed a lawsuit against car manufacturers on grounds that their vehicles are causing global warming. The state is right, they are causing global warming but there is more to it than that. Its a widely known fact that the state of California has the most strict regulations for automobiles. We have the most required tests and least amount of polution allowed in the nation. You cant sell a car in California if it doesnt pass the California state regulations. So how can the state of California sue car companies that are legally selling cars in the state? I dont know either.

My is that we have someone trying to play politics. I think Arnold is doing everything he can to run as a “democratic” nominee without actually becoming a democrat. He is adopting their popular views to help persuade voters to favor him. Personally, I will take anyone who stands up on the Environment and actually tries to accomplish something. My problem with the lawsuit is that it is completely absurd. Rather than suing the car companies we should make even more regulations to make it harder to sell a car in the state of California. Of course we would Grandfather in cars that have already passed the current standards. All other vehicles must go through even more intense testing. Force the car companies to spend money to research ways to make their car environment friendly. But, when you have a guy from Austria running a state with a bunch of cracked out hippies (and lets face it, most of us are cracked out hippies) you get a lawsuit not an intelligentsuit.

Anyway, here is a link to the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/21/california.cars.reut/index.html

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: California: The Punchline - Direct from my blog [Re: AaronEvil]
    #6094592 - 09/23/06 11:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've never been to cali, but I know what you are saying. environmentalism seems to be more of a trendy culture there than an action. If anything, I think the suit is more symbolic.

Isn't it true that there are more cars than people in california?

they could be spending the money being wasted on legal fees to put solar panels on people's roof-tops.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

General Interest >> Political Discussion