Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptain_Undeez
Stranger
The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work?
    #604868 - 04/10/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

There is a growing technique posted here:
http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=17

I'm curious if anyone has tried this and it works.
I'm growing some mushrooms on the downlow and trying to keep it from my roommate who occasionally goes in my room to use the computer.
It seems like it'd be pretty easy to do, as the culture jars are also used for the grow chamber.
If not, anybody know an easy way to get a decent yield of shrooms without using up a ton of space or having to take care of it every day?
Humidity seems like it would be a problem with this technique, doesn't it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaptain_Undeez
Stranger
Re: The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work? [Re: Captain_Undeez]
    #605003 - 04/11/02 03:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Bump, Also, i think using rye would be a better idea than rice with this technique, as rye does not apparently stick together, right?
I'm anticipating growing for the first time very soon and i think i want to use this technique, what do you guys think?

OfflineParticleMan
enthusiast
    #605013 - 04/11/02 04:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

well...... i cant seem to find it right now but the hippie neglect tek seems like something that would suit you well, cant remember all it involves but the name makes me think it doesnt require much attention. you might want to also think about myco-bags they are pretty cool but a little expensive. you might want to try making your own bags... dont know if you could get or borrow a pressure cooker though.

:-)

i havent tried pure brown rice, so i couldnt give you a comparison to birdseed or rye

--------------------

OfflineWoollyRat
herbivore
Loc: Scandinavia
Re: The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work? [Re: ParticleMan]
    #605029 - 04/11/02 05:11 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I used whole brown rice grain, and it works really well. I used two different syringes though (self made), and have observed that the spores which had the most time to hydrate gave the fastes colonization. I just under-cooked the rice a bit so it wouldn?t be too sticky, and just spooned it carefully into the jars. Now they sit at room temp and grow quite nicely.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------
What did the Budhist say to the hotdog vendor?
- Make me One with everything!

OfflineYourHighness
ruling since1991

Loc: TX
    #605113 - 04/11/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Your might wanna look into Ps. mexicana, and grow sclerotia.
It's about the most trouble-free way to grow, and if you can hide a couple jars, you've got it made.
Of course, you don't get to view the beautiful process of the mushrooms maturing, but you'll get a bunch of potent sclerotia-nuggets!

Good Luck,

--YH

Offlinejeldrid
Stranger

#605266 - 04/11/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Look for the Chronic Tek... It works great.

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work? [Re: jeldrid]
    #605306 - 04/11/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

first off, great pic. looks like an alvin schwartz thing from those scary story books i used to read.

if your talking about the Qt used as a terrium for hal pint BRF cakes, they work fucking awesome. a couple months ago a guy over at mycotopia posted a thread not having anything to do with this but as son as ppl saw the pics of the monster assed shrooms they were throwing, everyone forgot the reason why he posted. ive seen shrooms come off cakes grown in thsi way that look like compost cubies.definatly the best guerilla tek otu there. one thing im not sure of is how this may affect the sterilty of the prints. most of the larger shrooms grow to the top of the glass then start intertwining like a couple slugs fucking. however, if this isnt a prob, and i dont know if it is, i strongly suggest this as a respect tek. the poster used to make up 800 BRFjars a month in this way. 800. motherfucker coulda started his own hippy fest eh? just make sure theres plenty of ventilation so the cake doest suffocate. the cake will humidify itself. prtty much fire and forget as long as its done right.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work? [Re: Peyotl]
    #605396 - 04/11/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

this tek woudl work great with birdseed, but i wouldnt do whole grain rice... sticky

Offlinejeldrid
Stranger

Re: The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work? [Re: Peyotl]
    #605538 - 04/11/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

That's exactly what I was talking about peyotl.. Great tek. Can be found in the archives at http://www.mycotopia.com/...

Check out http://www.happypencil.com/ for more artwork like my avatar.. He's an amazing artist who also happens to be a close friend of the band, Tool...

OfflineCaptain_Undeez
Stranger
Re: The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work? [Re: jeldrid]
    #605781 - 04/11/02 08:53 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm, ya think birdseed would work here?
If so, what ratio of birdseed:water?
Also, could you guys link to these techniques? I havent been able to find the hippie neglect NOR the chronic tech.

OfflineParticleMan
enthusiast
    #605813 - 04/11/02 09:28 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

birdseed would most likely WORK but i think you are headed in the wrong direction there. its a tough substrate to start with, and you MUST have a pressure cooker. as to you orig. post i would suggest Myco-Bags for something that is easy....small....and doesnt take much attention. search for some of the threads on them, they get a pretty decent size flush 1-4 times. they take limited knowledge and work but you pay for it. if you are looking to make this a hobby (which will happen even if you dont want it to) i would suggest into looking into the teks these people are throwing out.

so...... i would say go with a bag or two to start out with, all you need is a syringe and a few bags. there are a few vendors that would be more than happy to help you out.

--------------------

OfflineParticleMan
enthusiast
    #605825 - 04/11/02 09:42 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

oh yeah, if you want to go the tek route..........

Here's the Chronic Tek:
http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/7618.html?1012857760

And with these two links you will have more than you want to read(som of these may be old so there may be some broken links):

http://www.theforestfloor.org/archives/old_archive/
http://www.theforestfloor.org/archives/drooldonkey_teks/

and last but not least!!!!!
the shroomery's grow section

--------------------

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
    #605850 - 04/11/02 10:20 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

birdseed or rye isnt really anymore tricky than anythign else if you read and have a PC... you will be glad you learned it early in the long run, you'll only get bigger and more shrooms.... much cheaper too... its not that hard if you use polyfill in the lids

OfflineCaptain_Undeez
Stranger
Re: The Quart Jar Way- Does this really work? [Re: LSD_4me]
    #606099 - 04/12/02 05:20 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Argh, unfortunately I have no pressure cooker!
I was planning on just boiling the fuckers for an hour or two in a covered pan. I suppose i could try and pick one up from a thrift store and repair it or something.
Maybe my grandmother has one.
You think an oven would work? I have one of those.

OfflineParticleMan
enthusiast
    #606159 - 04/12/02 07:08 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

for birdseed you pretty much HAVE to have a PC, i picked mine up from a thrift store for $35, it looks like shit but its huge and it works well.

--------------------

OfflineCaptain_Undeez
Stranger
    #606174 - 04/12/02 07:35 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well, you think i can pull off organic brown rice then?
Even a 35 dollar PC would REALLY cut into my budget hard as i lack a job atm.
I've been doing fucking hairstyling to make ends meet.
HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE I HAVE GIVEN DREADLOCKS TO IN THE LAST WEEK?!?!!?
Argh!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale