Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The Contamination on the Cake...
    #604193 - 04/10/02 10:36 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I see you changed your title... so are you the dreaded green mold or that nasty black shit?
I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE GREEN AND THE BLACK, THE NASTY AND THE SLIMEY.

Yes, it is true. I have been called "The Contamination on the Cake that is the Shroomery".

I walk naked down the streets of life speaking in a loud, clear voice, while those not understanding choose to defile me. I wear my new muddied title proudly for my spirit cannot be soiled by another's words!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: Swami]
    #604205 - 04/10/02 10:56 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

You are the mold, the penicillin. Fighting the infection of blind acceptance and uncritical thought.

Anonymous

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: ]
    #604217 - 04/10/02 11:11 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah.. we certainly don't want rhizomorphic mycelium running amock! Anyone got a flow hood?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#604229 - 04/10/02 11:20 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Heh, heh - you make a great sidekick!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#604230 - 04/10/02 11:22 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Went to a bar last night and dragged some drunk and willing vixen home. She told me that before I could innoculate her petri dish, I would have to wear a flow hood. Whussup wif dat?

--------------------

Edited by Swami (04/14/02 03:34 AM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #604251 - 04/10/02 12:04 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I guess that's just the way it goes..

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: Revelation]
    #604426 - 04/10/02 02:31 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

What is a few endospores among friends?

--------------------

Anonymous

#604531 - 04/10/02 04:37 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

No fruits

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #605140 - 04/11/02 08:02 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

The reason that I said that about you is because you seem to get off on shooting peoples spiritual theorys down. There's a difference between being a skeptic, and just being nasty. I've seen more than one of your posts where you shoot someones theory down with a condescending attitude, just to shoot them down. You're not trying to push them closer to their own truth, you're just trying to get off by putting people down.

The bottom line for you is prove it. Nobody can have an opinion here on this great message board according to Swami unless it's been proven without a shadow of a doubt. There are a lot of unprovable theories out there, either because of gov't coverup, or just because the subject is so complex that ordinary people like us have trouble articulating what we feel. Spirituality ITSELF would be lost if people listened to you. After all, noone in the world can prove that God, or life after life exists, and who are we to trust our own judgement?

If you "Swami" every theory or idea people have on the S & P forum, then there would be no S & P forum. Since the bottom line with you is "prove it", why don't you just save yourself some time, go to each and every thread where someone has an interesting, but as of yet unproven idea, and just write prove it. That'll shut everyone up right then and there. I'm sick of all the free thinking around here. "Prove it" would shut that free thinking down right away. Uncle Sam would be proud of you.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: Learyfan]
    #605191 - 04/11/02 09:15 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

There's a difference between being a skeptic, and just being nasty.
Very true. I am a skeptic and you are nasty. Attacking ideas is not attacking people, I guess you cannot see the difference. However, you want to EXCLUDE people from here that you don't like. How spiritual is THAT? How many people has the Swam asked to leave? None. I accept all of my children.

Remember that Jesus was highly unpoular while alive and Hitler was very popular; so likability has nothing to do with truth or morals.

I've seen more than one of your posts where you shoot someones theory down with a condescending attitude, just to shoot them down.
I vehemently attack the thinking that supports the War on Drugs, but I doubt that you have a problem with that.

As I stated in our last bout, you are not qualified to judge my motivation. BTW I spelled my motivation out in a long post. Perhaps you did not read it or your short-term memory is weak...

Nobody can have an opinion here on this great message board according to Swami unless it's been proven without a shadow of a doubt.
Not true at all. Internally inconsistent logic, drawing outrageous causal links, using fallacious arguments or stating hypothesis that are EASILY testable are a few of my favorite targets.

Spirituality ITSELF would be lost if people listened to you.
Whatever that is? No one can even roughly agree on a definition. What WOULD be lost is blindly following populist cult leaders, the WOD, war between nations due to twisted thinking. That plus a whole helluva lot of ignorance and fraud. My acquaintence from the Heaven's Gate Cult would still be alive.

I'm sick of all the free thinking around here.
That is a scary posture. Governments and religions also hate free-thinking.

My signature quotes sum up my position, not "Prove it." However when someone clearly states that EVERY time I trip, X happens, then yes, I will definitely say "Prove it." In these cases they are claiming repeatability with a with a known set of initial variables.

When someone tripping in their room, who has not done any deep study claims to know more than people who have dedicated their life to a subject (such as astronomy, physics, Egyptology, biology, chemistry, etc.) then yes, I am extremely doubtful. It seems that your attitude encourages laziness and a total lack of discipline.

Your hero, Leary, may well have been transformed by psychedelics, but he put in his time and paid his dues. He, along with Alpert , Mentzer and Huston, all had PhDs and postions of respect. These were not teenagers tripping during 8th grade math class and having an epiphany about good and evil aliens.

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#605199 - 04/11/02 09:29 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

i gotta be honest and say i find swami's posts particularly stimulating, in a unique and wholesome way.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#605264 - 04/11/02 10:24 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

Attacking ideas is not attacking people, I guess you cannot see the difference.
There is no difference sometimes. Attacking someones deep beliefs is just like attacking them. I admit that I challenge peoples beliefs IF I think I have a better line of reasoning. You just say(in so many words) "prove it", and that's it. Of course that's not all of the time. I'm speaking generally. Sometimes you have a good arguement.

However, you want to EXCLUDE people from here that you don't like. How spiritual is THAT? How many people has the
Swam asked to leave? None. I accept all of my children.

I don't remember asking you to leave, but I do feel that The Shroomery was a much nicer place to discuss spiritual matters before you decided that everyone needed to have proof of any idea that they had.

As I stated in our last bout, you are not qualified to judge my motivation. BTW I spelled my motivation out in a long post.
Perhaps you did not read it or your short-term memory is weak..

I'm not qualified to judge your motivation? What kind of excuse is that? Hitler could have said that. I do have a weak short term memory I guess, because I read your reasoning, and forgot. All I know is that it wasn't any excuse for your behavior IMO.

Internally inconsistent logic, drawing outrageous causal links, using fallacious arguments or stating
hypothesis that are EASILY testable are a few of my favorite targets.

"Inconsistent", "outrageous" and "fallacious" are all opinions. I do believe you're right sometimes, I will say once again.

What WOULD be lost is blindly following populist cult
leaders, the WOD, war between nations due to twisted thinking
(if people listened to Swami)
No spirituality itself would be lost, because there is NO WAY of possibly proving that there is a higher power out there, or life after death. Since there is no way of proving it, you can sit there and say "prove it" all day, noone can say anything, because they can't prove it. The WOD can be proven wrong by simple logic.

I'm sick of all the free thinking around here.(LF)
That is a scary posture. Governments and religions also hate free-thinking.
I was being sarcasitic. Governments and religions hate free-thinking, and it seems to be the same way with you. You won't stop until everyone stops believing in themselves. Belief in our own judgement is all we have. We don't have proof that God exists, so if proof is what we need in order to have an opinion, then we can't have an opinion.

Your hero, Leary, may well have been transformed by psychedelics, but he put in his time and paid his dues. He, along with
Alpert , Mentzer and Huston, all had PhDs and postions of respect. These were not teenagers tripping during 8th grade math
class and having an epiphany about good and evil aliens.

Ok, you're getting better Swami. Now we can have an opinion about spirituality as long as we have a Harvard diploma. Well at least that's obtainable.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#605315 - 04/11/02 11:09 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

Attacking ideas is not attacking people, I guess you cannot see the difference.
There is no difference sometimes.
Not even close. You say the world is flat and I attack that ridiculous notion. That is not an attack on you, but on your programming or incomplete thought process.

Attacking someones deep beliefs is just like attacking them.
Later in this post you say that you are for free-thinking. A deep-seated belief PRECLUDES free-thinking; at least in that specific arena. So what are you for? Do you think removing a cancerous tumor is attacking the person?

Inconsistent", "outrageous" and "fallacious" are all opinions.
Not even close.

Inconsistent argument:
The bible is the Word of God and always right.
Passage X says killing is wrong.
Passage Y says to kill a man if he sleeps with another man.

Fallacious argument:
All dogs have four legs.
Puffball has four legs.
Puffball is a dog.

Outrageous Argument
Drug use supports terrorism.

The WOD can be proven wrong by simple logic.
The majority of people say otherwise. To attack their beliefs would be tantamount to attacking their personage (Learyfan paragraph 1). This is a fine example of your INCONSISTENT logic.

I was being sarcasitic.
Now we are getting somewhere. Learyfan's sarcasm is acceptable and Swami's sarcasm is irreprehensible. Once again your logic fails me.

Governments and religions hate free-thinking, and it seems to be the same way with you.
You must be joking! All my posts regarding religion are cleary against it.

Yet, according to your (I hate to use the term) logic:

A. Swami is religious; therefore he hates free-thinking.

B, Swami is anti-religious; therefore he hates free-thinking.

Once again you are totally inconsistent. Of course, on your reply, you will quickly evade all of my salient points as per usual.

What WOULD be lost is ... the WOD...
No...
SO the WOD would not go away using clear Swami-style logic?

The WOD can be proven wrong by simple logic.
Oh, the WOD would go away using Swami-style logic.

Does schizophrenia run in your family?

Now we can have an opinion about spirituality as long as we have a Harvard diploma.
Nowehere did I state that. Those are your words. Perhaps a reading comprehension class would help.

There is a HUGE difference between a Harvard professor rejecting status and position, and some burnt-out teenage stoner saying education sucks. This is called perspective.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#605407 - 04/11/02 12:52 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

Ok, you'll probably just accuse me of side-stepping the issue, as you do every time I prove you wrong but....

Attacking someones deep beliefs is just like attacking them.(LF)
Later in this post you say that you are for free-thinking. A deep-seated belief PRECLUDES free-thinking; at least in that
specific arena.

So a free-thinker can't have any deep-seated beliefs?

"Inconsistent", "outrageous" and "fallacious" are all opinions.(LF)
Not even close.
Ok, you're just plain wrong here. I don't want to get off track anymore than we already have, but "Inconsistent", "outrageous" and "fallacious" are all opinions. They are subjective phenonmenon. The examples you gave were correct, but anyone can say anything is "outrageous".

The WOD can be proven wrong by simple logicThe majority of people say otherwise. To attack their beliefs would be tantamount to attacking their personage (Learyfan
paragraph 1). This is a fine example of your INCONSISTENT logic.

Oh get real. The WOD is not a deep-seated spiritual belief. That's what I was refering to, and you know it. Even if it does tie into that persons deep-seated spirital beliefs, the WOD hurts many many innocent people, and some guy who gets on the Shroomery and says that he talked to God after eating 7 grams of shrooms isn't hurting anyone. To that person you would say "prove it", just because it gets your dick hard

I was being sarcasitic.
Now we are getting somewhere. Learyfan's sarcasm is acceptable and Swami's sarcasm is irreprehensible. Once again your
logic fails me.

What are you talking about?? When were you being sarcastic? Did you just pluck that out of thin air or what?

SO the WOD would not go away using clear Swami-style logic?
I never said that. You're twisting my words Swami. The WOD would go away using Swami style logic. If you said "prove it prove it prove it prove it" everytime someone brought up some eronious justification for the existence of the WOD, to enough politicians, it would go away. The WOD is a completely different. Before you got us off track we were talking about how you constantly say "prove it" when someone suggests an unproveable spiritual theory.

Now we can have an opinion about spirituality as long as we have a Harvard diploma.(LF)
Nowehere did I state that. Those are your words. Perhaps a reading comprehension class would help.
Of course you didn't say it, but you obviously suggested that. Read your own words. You even suggested it again when you said There is a HUGE difference between a Harvard professor rejecting status and position, and some burnt-out teenage stoner
saying education sucks. This is called perspective.

What are you saying? You're saying that the only "opinion" you will accept is from someone with a Harvard degree.

Look, it's obvious that you get your rocks off by slashing peoples unprovable theories even if you have no logical reason why they are wrong, so just go ahead an keep doing it.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#605497 - 04/11/02 02:36 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

See? I knew you would dodge this!

Governments and religions hate free-thinking, and it seems to be the same way with you.

B. Swami is anti-religious; therefore he hates free-thinking.

Once again you are totally inconsistent. Of course, on your reply, you will quickly evade all of my salient points as per usual.

What part of this inconsistency is opinion? A and B cannot both be true. Please clarify.

The WOD brainwashing is no different then religious brainwashing. Prohibitionists strongly believe that they are taking a moral and hence, religious stance.

You think it OK to question those people's beliefs because you think that their stance is wrong. But you say to attack anothere's beliefs is to attack the person? I still don't get you. Now you add the "deep-seated spiritual" sub-clause to belief that is not OK to attack.

Look, it's obvious that you get your rocks off ..
More standard believer emotional noise adding zero content to the discussion.

--------------------

OfflineAbstractSoul

#605531 - 04/11/02 03:15 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

says in his best mortal kombat voice: FINISH HIM!

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
house is a spiritual thing
---------------------------------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #605536 - 04/11/02 03:25 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

Swami-
This is the problem:
1. People's egos take it personally when they are proven wrong. Most people are uncomfortable with the idea of being imperfect (though many will boast that they are comfortable with it... most of them are just lying to themselves). I personally went through all that shit back in high school. Ten weeks of intensive self-administered ego-depressants and some psychoanalysis blew most of that away (now I just feel kinda shitty when I am proven wrong, but I DO admit any wrongness on my part).

2. Our culture's (and most others) rejection of hypocrisy and contradiction. Most people misunderstand both of these concepts and they think that changing their stance on any issue will have an adverse affect on the rest of their belief system. So, they'll go out of their way trying to maintain this belief system... some will even go as far as denying the definition of simple philosophical terms (where did I see that?).

I'm not sure if I made my point clear enough... Oh well, I'll fix it later (mind is drifting).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#607309 - 04/13/02 01:33 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

B. Swami is anti-religious; therefore he hates free-thinking.

What part of this inconsistency is opinion? A and B cannot both be true. Please clarify.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? I'm all confused. You're smarter than I am. I admit defeat.

--------------------

OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #607416 - 04/13/02 04:27 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

I just wanted to point out that Jesus was extremely popular during his time, that why he was killed, because he was developing too much of a following and threatened the stability and the power of others at that time. And Hitler wasn't too popular, thats why he was killed. The people who hated Hitler far outnumbered the people who liked him.

I dont know swami, so I could be wrong, but it seems like his only problem is his ego. It seem like he thinks that he's always right, and that he see's himself as superior to others. But he has good intentions and he is no worse than anyone else. I appologize if I am wrong.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: Buddha]
    #607827 - 04/14/02 04:00 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

I just wanted to point out that Jesus was extremely popular during his time,
OK, you pointed it out. Incorrectly though. The crowd had a choice to free one man on a religious holiday. They could choose either the savior of all mankind or a common thief. Jesus was so popular that the thief, Barabas, was released.

And Hitler wasn't too popular...
Just voted in by a landslide by the people of Germany. You must have a strange definition of popularity. Several million backers is popular by any stretch of the imagination.

[but it seems like his only problem is his ego
Everyone here has an ego, so what? Time and again my points are dodged and my persona and /or motivation is questioned. Statements should stand or fall on their own merit regardless of the nature of the poster.

It seem like he thinks that he's always right...
A large number of my rebuttals are in the form of questions or hilighting a clear inconsistency in the poster's thought process.

My pointing out that Egyptologists know more about the pyramids than any poster here cannot be construed as the Swami being right.

My pointing out inaccuracies in astrophysics regarding Niburu is hardly about the Swami being right.

My pointing out that telepathy on mushrooms can easily be tested is not about the Swami being right.

My pointing out discrepancies in Astrological theory has nothing to do with the Swami's ego.

And so on...

--------------------

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #607831 - 04/14/02 04:07 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Good morning, Swami.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#607840 - 04/14/02 04:23 AM (22 years, 8 days ago)

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? I'm all confused. You're smarter than I am. I admit defeat.
OK, once more. Try to stay with me here.

Governments and religions hate free-thinking...
See? You say religions hate free-thinking and I heartily agree with you. So if one is for religion then one is against free-thinking. So far so good.

...and it seems to be the same way with you.
In many posts I have made my anti-religious stance quite clear. Yet according to you, I am against free-thinking.

It seems that you believe that:
Pro religion - against free-thinking.
Anti religion - against free-thinking.

Do you truly not see my dilemna? Both cannot be valid.

Despite all the noise about my ego, this is not about winning and defeat. This is about expressing oneself clearly and thoughtfully.

--------------------

Offlinebedetached
supercalifragolisticexpialidocious

Loc: your mind
    #608138 - 04/14/02 02:27 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

you cant have your contamenated cake, and eat it too.....or can you...

--------------------
through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: bedetached]
    #608162 - 04/14/02 02:53 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

LOL!

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#608831 - 04/15/02 07:16 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #608869 - 04/15/02 08:22 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Swami, he means that they are closed-minded in their respective ways, the same ways two pairs of shoes which are different sizes, different brands and different styles can have the same color. (Let's say that the shoes represent groups of people and the color is an attribute, just in case you feel like chicken tonight and pull some verbal acrobatics to get us off the topic.) Like, say, the color blue.
Seriously, though, Swami. You're probably right about alot of stuff you talk about, but the simple fact that you say there is a kink in someone's thought process if they're wrong paired with the exhorbitant arguing of only arguments you know you will win for the sheer purpose, it seems, of coming off scott-clean, ("Internally inconsistent logic, drawing outrageous causal links, using fallacious arguments or stating hypothesis that are EASILY testable are a few of my favorite targets.")
brings into light .. a possible problem of yours, outside of logicity. This very post, set up by you, had to have been made to draw out the opinions of your peers here at the Shroomery, was it not? Isn't it true that you knew you would argue here? Ofcourse, after victory, you can slouch back down.

Does OCD run in your family ?

"Who in the Shroomery is like unto Swami?" lol

Seriously, though. Swami is nice, but whenever pushed, he automatically balls up- and rock hard- like my little brother did for a while after we were able to get him from the nightmare that was his father. My brother was hurt. Maybe I'm wrong about the guy. Admittedly, I haven't read many of his posts. (I don't like to read the boring, dead-end argumentation here on the Shroomery.)

Maybe Swami just likes to argue. Then again, if he were such an adept arguer, why argue here? Maybe its the attention for his wall of word/idea-judo championship medals and trophies. Or maybe either alone. Maybe he has nothing better to do? Maybe the pianist just wants to keep his fingers warm, eh? All I know is that there's something about an intelligent person arguing online that much that just isnt.. wholesome.

::Swami flying a kite at night::
If anything, if Swami wants anyone to talk to, I am here to talk with him.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: CACA]
    #608912 - 04/15/02 09:32 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

the same ways two pairs of shoes which are different sizes, different brands and different styles can have the same color.
Is that you, Imelda?

Swami, he means that they are closed-minded in their respective ways
And you know what he means because you are in communication with him? Please show one statement displaying my alleged close-mindedness so that I may better understand his posture.

brings into light .. a possible problem of yours, outside of logicity. This very post, set up by you, had to have been made to draw out the opinions of your peers here at the Shroomery, was it not? Isn't it true that you knew you
Who gives a damn about my problems or lack thereof? Do my arguments have merit? That is the only important thing here.

All I know is that there's something about an intelligent person arguing online that much that just isnt.. wholesome.
Please state the wholesome limit for posting, so that I may not exceed it and lessen your opinion of me.

There seems to be a HUGE misconception about the nature of what an argument is so I will resort to the dictionary:
A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating truth or falsehood: presented a careful argument for extraterrestrial life. (For all you synchronicity fans, I swear I didn't put that in there - LOL!)

A fact or statement put forth as proof or evidence; a reason: The current low mortgage rates are an argument for buying a house now.

A set of statements in which one follows logically as a conclusion from the others.

Arguing is not bickering. As this is a discussion board, arguments (not quarrels) are a basic part of any debate.

Some here just learned something new. See? I do serve a function!

--------------------

Edited by Swami (04/15/02 10:18 AM)

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#608927 - 04/15/02 09:52 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

I don't like to read the boring, dead-end argumentation here on the Shroomery
i love it

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #608939 - 04/15/02 10:10 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

I decided to bring into question more than just the arguing. Discussion boards are also for passing information, to which there isn't always a response. I wasn't attacking you or questioning the merit of your arguments, which I made pretty clear, but the motive behind the arguing. I was only trying to see if you wanted help with something. I am not Imelda. My opinion of you, whatever it is, isn't at stake because your arguments may or may not fall under the factual definition of what an argument is. Rather, it is the frequency and tone of the arguments that you have had that made me say what I said. If people are saying there is something objectionable, for whatever reason, going on with you, it isn't always an attack. In my case, I considered it a compliment to tell you that there was something I was concerned about and that if you needed to talk with someone, that I would be there to talk with.

Not wanting someone's help is not the same as pushing them away by purposefully being prickly. Anyways, I'm off.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#608957 - 04/15/02 10:43 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Discussion boards are also for passing information, to which there isn't always a response.
True, but for passed information to be useful, it should be validated; otherwise it is just noise.

I am not Imelda.
Foot fetishist, then?

Rather, it is the frequency... of the arguments
How is that possibly bothersome? (My girlfriend never complains about frequency.) If I have too much free time or am the world's fastest typist, how is that anyone else's concern? I doubt my extra posting is putting much of a load on bandwidth or hard drive space. What exactly is the problem? Don't like my writing? My Avatar is pretty bold and one could use that as a "Don't Read This Post" warning.

Tone, frequency, motivation... What the hell ever happened to content and veracity?

--------------------

Edited by Swami (04/15/02 12:07 PM)

Anonymous

#608958 - 04/15/02 10:46 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from
mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man
does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but
honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
-- Albert Einstein

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#609017 - 04/15/02 12:15 PM (22 years, 6 days ago)

I was born shortly after Einstein's death, for you reincarnation buffs. Spooky, eh? Funny how only the skeptic, evolving, picked up on this nuance.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#609078 - 04/15/02 01:14 PM (22 years, 6 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #609358 - 04/15/02 06:44 PM (22 years, 6 days ago)

.. Well, this was fun, but I don't think I'll continue walking around in circles. You're good at picking things apart and finding contexts, most of which will which favor you, so I'm not concerned that you do not understand what I said in the beginning here or what it was that I had continued saying- you know. No matter how many adjectives I would have included to characterize your arguments, you would have had something to say or add about or to it, since you are the kind of person that you like to argue, which is what I was getting at. Also, comparing yourself to "great" people like Einstein, is telling of the same problem I was getting at before. Let me use the right words, so as not to offend.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #609400 - 04/15/02 07:46 PM (22 years, 6 days ago)

What I think you (CACA) are trying to get at is an issue of tolerance, right?

Sure, I guess Swami is quite intolerant of the "noise" that never seems to disappear from this forum. Since tolerance and intolerance are necessarily unreconcilable (ie. tolerant people can't tolerate intolerance... which is kinda funny), there must be a solution. Maybe you should offer a solution...

I don't think Swami would be arguing so much if there was less "noise." In fact, it used to clear up every few months (but only for a little while) and some good, old fashioned, hardcore philosophizing went down. But we haven't had a break like that in a while. Maybe if people did some extensive research (ie. simply reading unbiased books/articles) BEFORE they posted their wacky ideas, Swami wouldn't have to shoot them down so harshly.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: The Contamination on the Cake... [Re: Sclorch]
    #609526 - 04/15/02 10:55 PM (22 years, 6 days ago)

Sclorch,
"...we haven't had a break like that in a while."

I really think this is the emotional aftermath of 9/11 and the whole deal of the escalating violence in the mideast. Many people are not emotionally or mentally prepared to confront problems which do not seem to have any solutions and appear to only be getting worse. Such people, when they feel insecure, may seek the security of myths and religion. Knowing that they are impotent to save the world (and hence themselves), they will grasp rather tightly onto their favorite beliefs as comfort, consoling themselves in the 'knowledge' that a savior in the form of a messiah or a highly advanced alien race is soon to arrive on the scene and make everything better.

However irrational these ideas may appear to some of us, they are an understandable psychological defense mechanism and are extremely important to those who hold them. This is also a self-validating mindset, people will tend to see everything through the lense of their cherished belief system and will filter out that which may loosen their tenuous grip on feelings of security.

Additionally, it is probably unwise for anyone to continue to dose themselves with hallucinogens while in this state of mind. The phrase "set and setting" is a very important one to remember.

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #610099 - 04/16/02 02:46 PM (22 years, 5 days ago)

Evolving, you are dead wrong in saying belief in God is the belief in myth. I bet you yourself don't even believe that. A famous late atheist said that from the time she was a child, she was plagued by the feeling of the presence of God. So, she told God, "You leave me alone and I'll leave you alone." She rejected God. She acknowledged that he existed, but chose not to accept Him, as so many other people do, which is sad. Still others lie to themselves and others, which is not surprisingly, the beginning of their spiritual deaths through denial, selfishness and self-pleasure. Satan is the father of lies and, "A liar from the beginning," so it is fitting that these people who live this way start out with lies.
It sounds more like you yourself are not prepared to set yourself aside, and surrender to God almighty and accept His Son, Jesus Christ, Who has always been knocking at the doors of your hearts.
Humble yourselves before God and ask Him to forgive your sins and reveal Himself to you. Humble yourselves.

People who speak out against God's Word are most often, if not always, the same people who are lacking in the very morals and values that His Word teaches- William S. Burroughs, for example.

Part of the selfishness and lies to yourself and your fellow man are that if you are not hurting any person else than yourself, it is your business what you do. This thinking is fundamentally flawed, since it is not your fellow man forwhich you live, but God, instead. You should first consider what the condition of your relationship with God is before anything else. Do things for God- not for man. That is what God says. Humans are the not the center of the Universe.

Wouldn't you be ready to help your own children any way you could? How much more than we can imagine do you think God is willing to do for us? His Word endures forever. Praise the Lord.

--------------------

Edited by CACA (04/16/02 03:21 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #610322 - 04/14/02 04:17 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

You, uh, might want to loosen up your grip, chief. Just a little bit.

Looking for converts? Part of the reason I so despise Utilitarianism. Fuck man, even Jesus calls you guys sheep... haven't figured it out yet?

Just consider me another vine. A vine that won't be grafted onto yours. A vine that is comfortable with uncertainty (read fallibility). A vine without roots. A vine that doesn't need extra care because it does just fine on its own. A vine whose species will never go extinct (unlike yours). A vine that is constantly undergoing mutations to better adapt to the world. An eternal vine.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale