Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Fall has begun in Georgia
    #6000300 -





--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: phishhead]
    #6000318 -



--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: phishhead]
    #6000323 -

Very nice phishhead :thumbup:

"Fall" began about two weeks ago here, when night temps dropped below 60 degrees, but it's been too dry for mushrooms.

Nice finds and nice photos.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: phishhead]
    #6000340 -

...nice, very very very nice


--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.


The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: shroomydan]
    #6000357 -

sweet


--------------------
Draft beer, not people.:faded:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: phishhead]
    #6000469 -

man those look alot like azures or cyans.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: phishhead]
    #6000649 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: phishhead]
    #6001088 -

Unbelievable. That clustering is just insane. Is this a wild patch, or a semi-cultivated patch? Gumby and rancid, I have had similar concerns about weilii.com. Although in general, more knowledge is always a good thing.

Great finds Phish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: xmush]
    #6001110 -

xmush said:
....I have had similar concerns about weilii.com ....



Ditto. Oh, and $45 for a print is a scam, no matter if you call it a donation.

Phishhead: Those are awesome pictures and patches there.


--------------------
--Ladle--

Edited by ladle3000 (08/27/06 09:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: ladle3000]
    #6001707 -

ladle, to be done legally they have to be shipped out of state and thats for overnight delivery included. Theres alot of shit that goes on behind the scenes of getting these prints.


--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.


The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: I2ancid]
    #6002024 -

Well, to be honest, I was picking weilii long before you came to these boards. And, also I was printing them, no big deal really. Overnight shipping is maybe 10 bucks, and then what 35 dollars profit for something you can pick and print in the hundreds at a time. Sorry man, I'm not buying it.


--------------------
--Ladle--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: ladle3000]
    #6002047 -

nevermind, im not gonna incriminate myself on a public forum

basically if you aren't willing to pay $45 to study an incredibly rare and isolated psilocybe species freshly printed, then don't...

These aren't cube strains here.[EDIT]


--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.


The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Edited by I2ancid (08/27/06 03:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: ladle3000]
    #6002051 -

if someone is willing to pay the price, and likewise, if someone succeeds in mareting it at that price, withought competition, then thats the value.
period.

if the commodity becomes available at a lower price. then that becomes the value.

basically, the value is WHATEVER the cost is of the cheapest available scource to the general public. NOT the processing
cost to the purveyor.

If you don't like the value of weilii prints, then make them available for a lower price. If you have access and feel strongly about the ethics of mushroom enterprise. then youre practically honorbound to provide a more affordable supply.

you may find rather quicky that it is not worth your while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: I2ancid]
    #6002090 -

Well, maybe my first statement wasn't entirely true if your getting at what I think your getting at. Also, I'm not trying to fight here, I just think $45 is a bit outrageous, since there is no middle man involved.

Whatever, though, I know I'm not alone thinking this a lot of money for a print of a wild and readily available mushroom in your area. And I will voice my opinions, regardless


--------------------
--Ladle--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: I2ancid]
    #6002101 -

Yeah, I must agree (with all of it)

Phish, I had been thinking of that big- az flush and was wondering if that is centipede grass I see? And also was going to ask if that is a * manicured* patch?

And, yes, it would be nice to see LK around again. One hell of a hunter, always comming up with something new :thumbup: just like those weilii growing from the sediment from the bottom of the river, remember that?

Lastly, I strongly agree. I must say that it was the way these prints were being handled that I disagreed with to begin. Notice, I support the fsrc. I give as much as I can, as often as I can. There are other ways of being compensated for your time and effort, assuming that these prints are not just wild prints. They're an isolated strain, right?
But, Mitch hit the nail on the head :thumbup: that's how it works. Now, if I had access to these mushrooms, I'd do just what Mitch suggested. It's all about intentions.


--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #6002158 -

I agree with all of it as well. Sell prints if you want to. As far as what Mitchnast said, I agree with most of it. You can charge WHATEVER you want, but there is a point between a good profit margin and a good value for the customer. And if I were a customer for those prints, I feel I would be getting gouged.


--------------------
--Ladle--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #6002242 -

LouiseLouise said:
There are other ways of being compensated for your time and effort, assuming that these prints are not just wild prints. They're an isolated strain, right?



No, I don't think so, I'm pretty sure they're just wild prints.


--------------------
--Ladle--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: ladle3000]
    #6002326 -

btw, there is a middle man to handle it legally since prints are illegal in ga.


--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.


The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: Gumby]
    #6002329 -

I fully disagree with the Weilli.com. It needs to be TAKEN DOWN.
If it's not taken down by him, sooner or later the authorities will take it down. ( just look at overgrow)
That site is just a HUGE LIABILITY. And when it goes down guess where they come next after someone rolls.
It takes a great level of either unsmart-ness or supreme ghost to pull that off and not get the law involved. Not likely.
Basically rancid is a good hunter, surre, and a decent coherent poster, BUT THE WEBSITE HE HAS it utterly In my opinion the stupidest idea ever.
You can get weilii prints from some of the free spore rings. I KNOW.

On further news, once again Phishhead pulls of the ultimate hunter.
Those are some great clusters, AND CAUGHT ON FILM.
Amazing. Cheers to the new LK. I'll have to nominate it for pic'o the month.

I think I like this one even better than the massive cluster, what do you guys think.



Check out the pinners, the spore prints, the WAVY CAPS, and the extreme adaptability this mushroom has. They are still out there.


--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fall has begun in Georgia [Re: I2ancid]
    #6002338 -

Middle man shmiddle man. They have to go from your hands to his, and that is what the problem is. I guess on ally our trips you still haven't figured it out. Not to diss you or anything :tongue: :mushroom2:
PS- Gumbo I missed the 311 show, I heard it was amazing!!! I was still recovering finances from my out of town-ness the week earlier :smile:


--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best place in Georgia? noflashlight 1,729 2 08/14/05 10:44 AM
by Envirorational
* Georgia help Anonymous 1,833 13 10/11/03 05:23 PM
by nuGGs
* A guide to hunting edibles and actives in Georgia
( 1 2 all )
flowstone 11,598 23 05/10/05 10:58 PM
by mastacheefa
* Weilii season has offically begun!!(PICS) Lizard King 2,725 16 10/09/02 09:28 AM
by Lizard King
* Georgia Wild Mushroom Club forming Gumby 4,871 4 02/26/04 04:38 PM
by mjshroomer
* Re: Georgia Cubensis pics Lizard King 6,462 11 12/28/99 12:55 AM
by Some Old Guy
* anyone hunting in the atlanta area?
( 1 2 all )
00gauge 3,255 21 03/31/05 10:42 AM
by mjshroomer
* going hunting in nw georgia uneasyone 1,346 4 06/26/03 01:46 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
7,158 topic views. 0 members, 23 guests and 41 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.