Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinequack180
journeyman
Loc: new england
URGENT- BLACKNESS....
    #598994 - 04/04/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, nobody replied to this yet in the contam forum so im posting it here;

Alright so I have four jars (1 Hawaiin, 1 Stropharia (gulf coast?) and two PF). Anyway, I innoculated these jars march 25th and so far Stropharia is looking great, accept one thing. The Hawaiin is the only one not doing shit, and a small black patch was discovered. What is it? Contam? It's about .5 centemeters diameter. How should I dispose of the jar if it is contam? I'm a newbie to this, and wondering what to do- can it spread to other jars? I noticed some black in my prize Stropharia jar- PLEASE NO!!!!

THANKS

--------------------
weed is for smoking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinequack180
journeyman
Re: URGENT- BLACKNESS.... [Re: quack180]
    #599050 - 04/04/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

did i mention this is urgent?

--------------------
weed is for smoking

OfflinedDigitalPimp
Loc: PA
    #599147 - 04/04/02 11:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

ok since no one has helped you yet, i will try to guide you in the right direction. im by no means the authority on mycology(yet) but here is what i would do if i was in your situation. take the jar in question, and get it away from your other jars. put it in another dark place away from the rest, cause if it is a contamin it can spread through the air in the holes in the lids. now one question i would probablly ask myself is, is the black spot growing on a place where mycelium has already grown, or is it in part of the uncolonized subtrate? if its in the uncolonized part, keep an eye on it, it might be a big chunk of verm or a weird piece of mica or something. if it grew over an already colonized part, id be pretty sure its a contamin, but give it a day or two either way, if it grows toss it, if it doenst and its on the uncolonized part its a good chance its not, but then again i cant see it, and im no expert to begin with, good luck, hopefully someone smarter than i will come along and read your shits and help you better, til then, give what i said a try. late.

Offlinequack180
journeyman
Re: URGENT- BLACKNESS.... [Re: dDigitalPimp]
    #599321 - 04/05/02 04:52 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks- Since I posted, I studied that dot a little more and I came to the conclusion it probably IS just a big chunk of vermiculite. It is on one uncolinized cake and on one that is about 50%... I will take all the precautions neccisary anyway, thanks for your help.

--------------------
weed is for smoking

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #599964 - 04/05/02 06:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If it is black death mold....it will grow and grow and grow.

I have had it a few times.....nothing can stop it.

Hope you don't have it.

Good luck!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom