Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Mideast conflict - Sequence of Events/Coverage
    #5964322 - 08/14/06 09:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

This conflict has been ongoing for over thirty days and is now, apparently coming to an end at least for now. Maybe this would be a good time to pause and reflect on what has occurred. I, for one, could use some clarification from an unbiased source on a key point.

Note: A heated environment such as PA&L may not be the place to find my answer, but I'll give it a go anyway. I don't have a dog in this hunt so I'll accept whatever the truth reveals.

I am having difficulty with the sequence of events leading up to this conflict based upon the news coverage.

In every news story I can recall during the current conflict the order of events begins with the June 25th kidnapping of an Israeli soldier by militants in Gaza. I hear this over and over.

The Israeli forays into Southern Lebanon to take on Hezbollah were said to be in response to the subsequent capturing of two Israeli soldiers by that group. That was the stated justification for everything Israel did from that point on.

So imagine my surprise when I learn from my own digging that there was another event that occured prior to the kidnapping of the Israeli soliders on June 25th:

On June 24th Israeli soldiers kidnapped a Palestinian doctor and his brother in Gaza and removed them to some unspecified detention facility.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0607/S00313.htm

Did Israel think this would go without a response?

Why does the media leave this incident out of its coverage?

Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Mideast conflict - Sequence of Events/Coverage [Re: zorbman]
    #5964400 - 08/14/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The Palestinians and Hezbollah are not associated. Hezbollah launched an attack on July 12 using a feint katyusha while ambushing two Israeli humvees, killing 3 soldiers and kidnapping two during the raid, before killing 5 more during a rescue operation on Israel's part. It had little to do with any sort of retaliation as it was a long promised operation by Hassan Nasrallah to obtain a high profile Hezbolloid. It was a stupid incursion on Hezbollah's part to gain chips for an incarcerated terrorist and murderer. Ironically, the feint katyusha is the official instigation of the conflict according Ehud Olmert, not the kidnappings/killed soldiers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict#Beginning_of_conflict

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Mideast conflict - Sequence of Events/Coverage [Re: Basilides]
    #5966281 - 08/15/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The Palestinians and Hezbollah are not associated.

I've always heard, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

So I'm not convinced the attacks were not coordinated in some measure in response to Israel which initiated the first kidnappings of non-combatants even. I fail to understand why the fact that one day before an Israeli soldier was kidnapped that Israel itself was guilty of kidnapping was completely left out of virtually all reporting on this conflict. That is something people need to know to make up their own mind about the situation.

Censorship is not a good thing.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (08/15/06 02:32 PM)

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5967254 - 08/15/06 07:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Did you read the part in the article that says the Hezbollah attack was planned for a long time?

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Mideast conflict - Sequence of Events/Coverage [Re: Basilides]
    #5967731 - 08/15/06 09:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, but I'm wondering if the kidnapping was perhaps not part of the plan, but an opportunistic occurance. It seems strange that the kidnapping comes one day after the Israeli-led kidnapping which is never reported.

Strangely, the wikipedia timeline also fails to mention the Israeli kidnapping as well which makes me doubt its credibility as an unbiased source.

Something smells fishy about these omissions.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5969869 - 08/16/06 03:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe you should redirect your skepticism to scoop.co. Especially when they call the June 28th Israeli arrest of the Hamas members of parliament a kidnapping as well

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order