Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aquarium Heater

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Terrarium with incubator idea? some help....
    #596030 - 04/02/02 02:07 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ok.....so I have a cold house....now I finally got the idea with the incubator.
Im gonna use two plastic containers with water and the aquarium heater in between the 2.
Can you use this idea with the terrarium? Cause now I need away to keep that warm too. You know, have water with a submerge aquarium heater in it.
hm.....thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
Re: Terrarium with incubator idea? some help.... [Re: GreyMatter]
    #596235 - 04/02/02 09:15 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If I were you I would invest in a sheet of styrofoam insulation from home dept or lowes. Either cut it to fit your plasic containers, or just build a terrarium/incubator directly from the styrofoam. It is really easy to work with, you cut it with a razor and use liquid nails adhesive to glue it together (make sure you get the right liquid nails some adhesives eat away styrofoam). This will protect your terrarum and incubator from the cold conditions. You should then be able to use your aquarium heater. Make sure it is in a container (preferably glass) with a lid and is sealed. You don't want standing water at the bottom of your terraruim/incubator and you don't want the water with your aqua heater to evaporate.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

InvisibleTarga
Re: Terrarium with incubator idea? some help.... [Re: GreyMatter]
    #596237 - 04/02/02 09:19 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yep, lots of people use the "aquarium heater in a container" Tek for heating their fruiting chambers. :laugh: 

I like to be different, so I'm designing my own heater.  Copper is a much better conductor of heat that the usual containers, so I'm making a "copper coil" heater.  Will post pics when done. 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aquarium Heater

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation