Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: blackroselove]
    #5905932 -

We've been getting them acclimated to each other slowly.  My dog is still a puppy, so is very excitable, especially by a little wriggly animal that she is completely unfamiliar with!  She's been pretty gentle so far though, and has been mostly licking the ferret and burrowing her nose in her fur  :tongue2: 

theuser - I definitely spent a long time reading about ferrets before we made the leap to get one.  Like I said, my boyfriend had 2, and we live together, so he's more used to them than I am, but I feel well prepared after hours on the internet reading about their care and personalities.

We've put a pillow case in her hammock that she sleeps in, and she loves burrowing under it to nap.  My boyfriend says she's the calmest, gentlest ferret he's ever seen.  She likes to be held, and lays on her back in your arm if you scratch her tummy and under her chin, and goes to sleep.  She doesn't nip, ever, which is nice.  Her claws need to be cut BADLY, so right now they're kind of deadly, but that will be dealt with soon.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Saucerfulofmoon]
    #5905949 -

Saucerfulofmoon said:
So cute...you should cuddle with it!

PS-Your shirt is awesome.



That's my boyfriend, not me, but yes, his shirt is awesome  :grin:

Quote:
I guess I understand having to make an area safe for your pet, but how do ferrets manage to kill themselves? Getting under the refridgerator and what not was mentioned, but I'm still a little clueless, unless they get stuck or something...



ABZ - I think that's mostly how it happens, they get stuck somewhere dangerous, like the fridge, or the dishwasher.  Or they find a tiny hole in the wall, get stuck there, and die because noone can find them.  They're natural burrowers and love small places, so they think it's a game to be in the tightest spot possible.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5906002 -

Ferrets Are great pets. They funny as hell. I just couldn't put up with the smell. But I had a lot of friends that have had them. They are awesome


--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5906047 -

Those arent ferrets,their polecats,and,if youve takin the pong glands out{which beggers belief}Then your not gonna smell em at their best.Ferrets on the other hand,are warm, and cuddly and cute,and dangerous as fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: drowneduck]
    #5906069 -

drowneduck said:
dangerous as fuck.




:rotfl:


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5906085 -

They're adorable. I couldn't own one though, they stink.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5906088 -

To animals, humans probably stink.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: eris]
    #5906099 -

humans are animals also....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5906101 -

Desiree said:
they stink.



They don't stink bad unless you don't take care of them correctly. :frown:

The common mistake is to wash them a lot.


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: AliceDee]
    #5906108 -

Yeah, perhaps it has more to do with being a different species... or smelling different than what one is used to. :shrug:


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: theuser]
    #5906187 -

theuser said:
Desiree said:
they stink.



They don't stink bad unless you don't take care of them correctly. :frown:

The common mistake is to wash them a lot.



I've never owned one personally. I had friends who owned them. Their house stunk all the time.

Maybe they were just dirty? :shrug:


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #5906228 -

Desiree said:
theuser said:
Desiree said:
they stink.



They don't stink bad unless you don't take care of them correctly. :frown:

The common mistake is to wash them a lot.



I've never owned one personally. I had friends who owned them. Their house stunk all the time.

Maybe they were just dirty? :shrug:



Some just stink more than others. Do not be embarresed to sniff them when you pick them out, better than having a smelly pet forever. Also only wash them every 2 months or so, over washing them will make them stink more as they need to replace the oil on their coats.

Google around for ferrets. Also there are a lot of good ferret forums out there with other pros.


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: theuser]
    #5906390 -

This ferret doesn't really smell much.  The only time I've come across ferrets that smelled really bad was when the owners didn't clean the cage enough, and the ferret had poop on it.  Otherwise it's just sort of a light musky smell, which doesn't bother me.  We went to Petco today and got her a ball to run around in, some toys, a leash and some treats.  We're going to bring her to the tennis courts tomorrow and let her run around in the ball.  She's SUCH a sweet girl!  Even when my dog was in her face, and she must have been a little freaked out, she didn't nip, or scratch or anything.  I really think this was a good decision, and I'm really happy with things so far  :heart:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5906973 -

Why a ball to run around in? We let ours out and run around the house once a day, however you do have to "de-ferret" your house.

:lol:

Maybe the dog would eat it? Or maybe you have little kids...

I'm glad you like your ferret. My friend had one that smelled like honey, for real. Lucky bastard. :lol:


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: theuser]
    #5909394 -

theuser,

we figured the ball was a good idea because we have a big tennis court in back of our house that we're going to bring her to, and we'll let her roll around in the ball down there  :tongue:  Our dog wouldn't eat it, and we don't have kids (thank god!)


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5910143 -

Call me nuts but she looks like a "Veronica."

splif


--------------------
First Grow: Ecuador -> LC -> HPoo/Straw -> Monotub
Build a Do-It-Yourself Magnetic Stirrer in thirty minutes with no money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5910197 -

Liz said:
theuser,

we figured the ball was a good idea because we have a big tennis court in back of our house that we're going to bring her to, and we'll let her roll around in the ball down there  :tongue:  Our dog wouldn't eat it, and we don't have kids (thank god!)



Good thinking on the kids! Sounds awesome. We just tried that ferret shampoo today that is suppose to totally get rid of the smell. I'll let you know how it works, I bet it's BS. They don't smell much but they needed a bath anyway (had flea's from the boarding house...) so I figured I'd try it.

I recommend 2 ferrets cause a solo one will usually not be as social w/ humans as one that has a buddy 24/7. However I guess maybe that one has been alone for 2 years now?

I love talking about ferrets...


--------------------
:heart:

Edited by theuser (07/28/06 09:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: theuser]
    #5910231 -

I do too, now that I have one!!  :tongue2:  She's REALLY social with humans.  I hold her and she falls asleep while I pet her, and she's really cool about just hanging out on my shoulder  :thumbup:  She's really freakin cute.  I wish she didn't sleep so much though!  I keep wanting to go in there and play with her, and she's sleeping  :frown:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5910233 -

...damnit, now i want one...or two...


--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hero the Ferret (Pictures) [Re: Liz]
    #5910236 -

Cool! 1st we just p[urchased one and he was getting kinda antisocial. We then got another ferret and they've both been awesome since. Ya, adults sleep 20-22 hours of the day.


--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I got my 2 ferrets high.
( 1 2 all )
theuser 17,427 34 08/30/05 10:12 AM
by theuser
* Some pics from my ferrets trip Requiem 772 11 05/13/04 12:16 AM
by Viveka
* Picture Time... Show Your Stuff!!!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 63 64 )
RebelSteve33 140,672 1,266 08/27/04 10:31 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Hippie flipping trip report with pictures
( 1 2 3 all )
Phishgrrl 5,556 43 10/26/04 02:33 PM
by 40oz
* Time Loves a Hero Quintessence 898 5 07/31/03 10:29 AM
by Ripple
* Post some pictures... (A quasi-narcissistic thread)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Adamist 20,992 114 01/06/04 04:17 PM
by notapillow
* Pictures from San Fran last weekend!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Phishgrrl 5,013 79 09/17/04 11:41 PM
by ToolTroll
* Who is your hero?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 2,648 59 08/31/05 07:27 AM
by diabla

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,689 topic views. 3 members, 7 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.