Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Time Loves a Hero
    #1762144 -

Well they say time loves a hero
but only time will tell
If he's real, he's a legend from heaven
If he ain't he was sent here from hell

Hear me well
Seein' ain't always believin'
Just make sure it's the truth that you're seein'
Eyes sometimes lie, eyes sometimes lie
They can be real deceivin'

I got an Uncle in Puerto Rico
Spends his days in the sun
his nights in the casinos
He left the States many years ago
Took a fishin' boat to Puerto Rico
Now my aunt, she is sad and lonely
She'll never know that she drove him away
As a coward I admire his courageous ways

Well they say time loves a hero
but only time will tell
If he's real, he's a legend from heaven
If he ain't he was sent here from hell

Some say my uncle, that he's a zero
His life is as a shell, he left it back at Stateside
I'd say he's doin' pretty well, without his shell
Bumming 'round the beaches of Puerto Rico

The beauty of the sunrise and sunset
To his friends he wish he could tell
They're at home still runnin' for bells
Better San Juan than that blue collar hell

Well they say time loves a hero
but only time will tell
If he's real, he's a legend from heaven
If he ain't he was sent here from hell


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time Loves a Hero [Re: Quintessence]
    #1762190 -

Nice!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time Loves a Hero [Re: Ripple]
    #1765374 -

Phish played that this year at the New Years show. Really a beautiful song. I think Little Feat wrote it.

The Big Wu
Puerto Rico

Feeling low down, sinking slow
like a half ton Chevy with a heavy load,
But I slept like a baby beneath the stars last night
and it was out of sight.
I've been misunderstanding every road
Thinking every strech of highway's got a pot of gold,
I count my blessings on my right hand
And I'm a lucky man.

Feeling tested, feeling mean
I'm too tired of runnin' from the Big Machine,
The Big Machine takes me to my baby's place
So I can see your face.
I break my back for a fifth of gin,
Then I weep and wail about the shape I'm in,
I got some money for a rainy day,
And its on its way.

Arriba arriba los Corozones,
Get out of bed Pueto Rico's on the telephone.
The streets of Old San Juan they beckon,
There's a sweet life there I reckon
So I'll set sail for the coast with the most.

Feeling low down sinking slow,
But my bags are all packed and I'm ready to go;
I don't need pesos cuz I know they will
take my dollar bills.

One little place on this big 'ol Earth
has got me singing like a siren of a sweet rebirth,
As sure as the devil's in the deep blue sea,
There's a place for me.


(chorus)



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time Loves a Hero [Re: Quintessence]
    #1765418 -

Hello everyone. Been lurking for a while. Time for a toe in the water. :smile:

Great post NuggetsTheShaker.

I grew up in DC and Lowell George is a real icon around here tho folks don't remember him much now. I was at one of the Warner Theater shows where Little Feat was recording Waiting for Columbus during a week-long run. Might have been a little too young to really apprciate what was happening but had a good time just the same. Lowell George had soul.

China White

I said blow away, blow away
This cruel reality
And keep me from its storm
Suspicion has crept in, and ruined my life
I'm messed up, and hassled, and worn

Well its pure indignation
Just another sensation
And I'd like to knock on that door
But the boy he keeps on callin' for more

Yes and my sweet China White
She ain't here tonight
And love has robbed me blind

So cast away, cast away
From this ball full of pain
For it sinks beneath the waves

Yes and my sweet China White
She ain't here tonight
Oh and love has robbed me blind

Some sweet Maureen has robbed me blind


-- Lowell George

http://www.dmci.com/~lowell/lowell.html 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time Loves a Hero [Re: farfelu]
    #1765475 -

Welcome to the shroomery! Great post  :grin: 


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time Loves a Hero [Re: farfelu]
    #1765680 -

Welcome to the pub and I'm glad you made us your first post!

:grin:Lowell George was a favorite of mine too!

 


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* George Clinton BUSTED! Adom 966 1 12/10/03 12:02 PM
by Randolph_Carter
* George Bush, Who's on First? Bossk 515 0 06/28/04 09:38 AM
by Bossk
* The Movie: Hero MOTH 723 13 09/01/04 09:09 PM
by Redstorm
* HORRIBLE NEWS!!!! IT CAN'T BE!!
( 1 2 3 all )
Kinderfeld 3,602 41 12/09/04 06:46 PM
by kaiowas
* george harrison underground 833 8 08/11/04 02:13 PM
by Hooty
* Legend of a Mind kosmic_charlie 930 3 03/17/03 09:21 AM
by Learyfan
* George Bush the Father Jumps again mjshroomer 2,022 11 03/20/04 01:48 AM
by Twirling
* City of Heroes? valour 651 10 05/03/04 08:15 PM
by valour

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
898 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 88 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.