Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInsomnia
addict
I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt!
    #585520 - 03/21/02 05:09 PM (22 years, 3 days ago)

Hi all,

I'll be in Olympia, Wa. this weekend. While I will be busy the whole weekend, I'll have all of Friday to explore Olympia.

Does anyone know of good spots to find funny mushrooms? I know most of the Pacific Northwest's best come out in autumn (cyans, azures, etc.) but what will be available -- and more importantly WHERE when I arrive? Or is it still too cold?

Please answer ASAP b/c my flight is damn early tomorrow so I won't be able to check the board for replies.

Shit, judging by the post here about snow in Seattle I might be outta luck.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: Insomnia]
    #585939 - 03/22/02 01:09 AM (22 years, 2 days ago)

what is going on in olympia this weekend? someone else mentioned they were going to olympia too. im in tacoma, it just snowed a bunch here in the puget sound, you wont find anything this weekend

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: Insomnia]
    #586335 - 03/22/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Insomnia,

I talked to Myst....she said you were coming out to Washington.
Not sure if we can hook up..... I told her that Joshua is coming up to meet Pleezr, MJ, and myself this weekend.
Joshua is meeting me this afternoon at Pleezr's house.
We really won't have time to hunt today.....sorry.
Plus after all the snow flury's this week.....god knows if there is any mushrooms.
I hope you hook up with Myst....she is a great gal. :smile:
Maybe Josh and I can hook up with you this afternoon or this evening.....if you are hanging out with Myst today.
MJ is taking Josh and I hunting tomorrow....but who knows if there is anything to find.
While you are in Olympia.....look around you just might find some mushrooms.
I hope you do!!!!
Myst....if you read this post....call me on my cell phone later this afternoon.
Maybe we all can hook up....that would be really cool.
*crosses fingers that there is no more snow*

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: Roadkill]
    #586548 - 03/22/02 04:43 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Hil Roadkill!
Hey, will you post a reply with some details about your hunt with MJ, Pleezr, Joshua, Myst etc. ?
I'd really like to know how it went. This way I'd know if it's a good time to go out and hunt for some mushrooms that I know are growing. See, I'm still recovering from lung surgery and don't want to risk catching cold or something by going out in the cold every day just to check and see if they're out.
Do you understand? It would mean alot to me to hear some hunting reports in the PNW. :smile:
BTW, I'm on Harstine Island, a few miles north of Shelton on Hwy. 3 towards Bremerton. I've been hoping to get together with MJ myself for some time, but my health added to the recent winter weather has kinda scared me outta getting out there! Hehe!
So am I correct in saying that Roadkill, Joshua, Pleezr and Myst are all in this wonderfull area of the PNW? If not, can you set me straight on the whereabouts that each of you live?
It just sounds to cool to hear that so many Shroomerites are living close to me!  I don't know how long y'all have been on this site, but this is my first realization of you guys being in the area!
Thanks in advance and I wish you the best of luck on your hunt guys!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: Levi7]
    #587108 - 03/23/02 06:40 AM (22 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah Roadkill Joshua and I will be taking a short excursion today to look for two mushrooms. The wonderful P. stuntzii (blue-ringers) and the imfamous and elusive paneous subbalteatus. Not sure ifwe will find any.

Haven't been to my blue-ringer patch in a few weeks. Found some a while back but not many.

As for Olympia, I lived on Holstine Island for a month with Gartz and a friend Karl Sackstedder who sells the Weilr Woods boxes inthe public market.

I hope we have a great find today. Always think positive.
And Insomnia, I usually find them by myself when I al amlone and no one else is with me and then they appear to me as if in a dream, calling my name from across the far reaches of the Galaxy. I respond by plucking rthe little fellow from a lwn mower death and thus save their souls.

Until the Moon comes over the Mountian.

mj

Offlineshroompickerinwa
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #587197 - 03/23/02 09:22 AM (22 years, 1 day ago)

man that is cool that you all are in wa im in vancouver wa right by portland if anyone else if livin there just give me a holla thats cool man i just got into pickin at first it was liberty caps outta random cow feilds and only getting a couple then to ths year were i got punds upon pounds of azzys good luck and good pickin to all

Offlinejihead
addict
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #587281 - 03/23/02 11:53 AM (22 years, 1 day ago)

i live in olympia, its quite the shitty city but mucho fungus!  i thought mystrys was moving to az or somethin? anywho, id love to meet with you guys at some point and so some hunting, its been a really nice these last two days, best of luck on the hunts/ post us some results.

but alas, nobody loves me so i sit here alone :frown:
i even have a car this week! i should do some hunting...

--------------------
kill white noise

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: Levi7]
    #587838 - 03/24/02 03:16 AM (22 years, 18 hours ago)

hi....Levi

Well.....There wasn't any mushrooms up in Seattle....around the U district.
Olympia was dry too.....we looked around for quite awhile.....but no avail.
MJ thought that within this week or so.....that we will be finding some shrooms.
We did find some non active mushrooms in West Seattle.....lolz
So we did find something...so you can't say we got skunked.... hahahahaaa

MJ took Joshua and I shrooming......and we had a fantastic time.
MJ is a kindred spirit.....such a warm and wonderful person!!!!
If you ever have the chance to meet Mushroom John....don't pass it up.
He is wise beyond his years.....this man is a walking data base on mushrooms.
His stories and memories make for a wonderful experience.
John.....I thank you for your friendship.....your help and guidance.
We will always be friends and brothers.
I thank you for one of the best days in my life...you have my utmost respect.

Sometimes you just get a wonderful feeling when you meet someone.
Well... I was blessed this weekend with meeting alot of truely wonderful people from the Shroomery.

A group of us met at a cafe in Tacoma.....Friday night.
Insomnia, Myst and her girlfriend Mel, Joshua, Pleezr, and myself.
We had a wonderful time talking about our love for the beloved Mushroom.
Great People....if you ever get the chance to meet any of these people.... you will not be dissapointed.

Insomnia......you didn't miss much on the hunt.....sorry the snow probably stalled our season.
I hope you enjoyed Stamets Clinic. :wink:

I live in Seattle.....Levi
The others will have to respond.....as I will not tell where they live...  out of respect to my friends.... I know you understand.:)

Levi,
After the season does start..... I would be willing to come down and hook up with you.....never know....maybe MJ would too.
I have seen you post about your health....and i hope you are feeling better.
If you are up to going out.....just ask.

jihead,
I might take you up on that.....maybe we can get together sometime....and go for a walk.:)

I wish everyone good luck hunting.....hopefully the mushrooms will show up
shortly.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: Roadkill]
    #588127 - 03/24/02 01:01 PM (22 years, 8 hours ago)

Hi Levi,  Im accually in Tacoma. 

I would like to let those whom i had a chance to meet know that it was a pleasure meeting you all. 

Myst, sorry i couldnt hang around longer to chat with ya, your very close so im sure we will meet again.

Insomnia,  again, sorry i couldnt hang around long.  you seemed very friendly.  hope the lecture was worth it :smile:

I would like to  send a special thanks to Roadkill and Joshua.  I had a great weekend hanging with ya guys, it was a pleasure.  Wish i could have went hunting with the 2 of you and MJ but you know how it is :smile:  I appreciate the 3 of you stopping by Tacoma after your hunt.  Joshua, hope to see you come back up very soon, maybe this fall?  it was a pleasure meeting you, you are a very kind hearted person.  Road, you know you rock!  it is always a pleasure hanging with you.

MJ, thank you!  I wish i could have seen the things you have, meet the people you have and gone where you have.  it was great talking with ya and i hope to see you again really soon. 

late,                                                   

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: I'm visiting Olympia this weekend. Must hunt! [Re: pleezr]
    #588180 - 03/24/02 02:01 PM (22 years, 7 hours ago)

Wow i had no idea how my shroomerites lived in sound area, thats good stuff. Good to know there are plunty o' people to help find and spread the psilos around. I ask Levi a month ago about getting together some sort of a gathering this fall. Dont know if anyone has interest in this and even if interest was shown if anything would come to fruit from the plan. It could be pretty goodtimes tho. Everyone could share stories and photos of there psilo pastures. The most awesome thing that could come of this is if everyone started growing spawn of some of the rare species, cyanofibrillosa for example. The majority of people talking in this thread right now i have never talked to before but everyone seems like good people and i like everyone on this board i am sure would love to be educated by MJ. I think a pretty cool event could be put on, keep it real low key, do it earlier into the fall so we could all gather at a campground or something out in the sticks.

--------------------
stay off my land

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale