Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
Starting a head shop
    #5803703 - 06/29/06 03:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

While smoking a cig and pondering what I'm going to do in life, let alone what ill choose as my major for college, I thought about something. I would love to learn how to blow glass pipes and bongs and sell them in a store. There are a few head shops in my home town which seem to get good business, and im currently in ann arbor, and their head shops seem very popular. I know nothing of glass blowing, is it extremely difficult? How long would a normal sized bowl take to make? Can you rent out glass blowing facilities, or do you have to buy your own equipment? Or do most head shops just buy wholesale from suppliers? This is just an idea, so I thought id research a little.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Starting a head shop [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #5803724 - 06/29/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think glassblowing is very easy to learn. Possible, but not a breeze. It's an artisan's craft, and those tend to require experience in order to learn, which means it takes time.

If you've allready got a number of headshops in town, you might not want to open yet another in that area. It'd probably be better to locate the shop in an area where the supply is more sparse. Likely to be more customers that way.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5803726 - 06/29/06 03:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

woo hoo, cheers to the ace duce! What are you in ann arbor for? Just visiting? Actually the biggest head shop in the ace also has a crew of glass blowers. There are buyers and wholesalers that buy and sell glass.

PS head shop in ann arbor are so sucessful because there is an endless supply of 19 year olds with an endless source of money at the U.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Starting a head shop [Re: mycogirl]
    #5803808 - 06/29/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i blow glass, i still suck after 2 years, most people will. to be brutally honest with you. unless you have about half a year planning behind this and at the VERY LEAST $25,000, you arent going to get anything off of the ground or suceed.

i was planning on doing the same thing as youre talking about untill i looked into it and talked ot a few shop owners and blowers.

if you want to get into blowing that is cool as hell, but sell what you can at shows, not at a shop.

peace
zippoz

btw a glass blowing rig for a starter will run you around $1,000

if you want to learn to blow drop me a pm and ill point you in the right direction.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
    #5803843 - 06/29/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Im working at a debate camp, kind of like forensics. Im an RA for the next 7 weeks.

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5803850 - 06/29/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

At the U? Are you from Michigan?

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5803899 - 06/29/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The only thing I can suggest about opening a head shop is get a good lawyer.

They can help you out, so your ass does not get put in a vise,

Other then that good luck, :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates