Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: How do I meditate? [Re: tallgreen]
    #5812689 - 07/02/06 02:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I gave it a shot last night. I was laying in bed and had a little trouble sleeping. I sat up against my wall indian style with my hands resting on my lap. I just stared into the colors and didn't think at all. I just kind of let thoughts in and out for about 5 minutes.

I felt relaxed and more inclined to sleep afterwards, but nothing special really came of it. I guess I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't clear my mind sober. I have too much on my mind to let it go long enough to meditate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: How do I meditate? [Re: Newbie]
    #5813015 - 07/02/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: How do I meditate? [Re: Syle]
    #5813028 - 07/02/06 05:20 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks I'll study that for a while before another attempt :wink:

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5813139 - 07/02/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

maybe smoke some bud, I find the same problem, I just sit there, and space out, but when I stop its over, nothing really special, but I could see maybe its something that bud does all along, at least initailly, which slows down your thoughts, and have better concentration for the here and now, maybe thats its function, to appease your thought process, and give you a relaxing status, but many times, I'm really not that relaxed to begin with, and all the breathing serves only to get you light headed, I'd say do something that truly is relaxing first, then try to space out, Instead trying to force feed the relaxation process

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #5813140 - 07/02/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

oops, just read the entire thread, someone else already posted that link, sorry  :frown:

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineDexter
Mad scienstist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
    #5815030 - 07/03/06 07:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Just close your eyes or stare at an unfixed point in front of you and be still in every sense of the word, don't try to fight off or hold on to your thoughts but let them pass trough your conciousness instead, when you don't pay any attention to your thoughts they'll fade eventually. It takes me about 20 minutes to calm down little. You could try singing or humming a mantra of some sort, best example of this is ofcourse "Um Mani Padme Hum", but I like Bob Dylan's "All the tired horses" also. You could focus on your breathing, or on your body starting from your toes working your way up to the top of your head. While doing this you "tell" your body to relax, you could help the process a little by contracting and after that relaxing the muscles in the area you're focussing on. When you are sufficiently relaxed try to take yourself to a happy place, imaginary or not, and try to feel out what it's like there. How does it look, what do you hear, who is with you, is it cold or hot, what does it smell like? Being in your private realm of subconsciousness (or should I say super conciousness??) should give you enough relaxation to drop fear, anxiety, ego and all other stuff standing between you and your inner self. It's important to have a goal beforehand, to know what it is you want to achieve, it kind of works the same way as the set and setting stuff we've learned when dealing with psychedelics. I usually use a mix of above mentioned techniques depending on what it is I want to achieve and how my mood is. Some of these techniques are actually better described as self hypnosis, bit IMO there's a very thin line between a hypnotic and a meditative state.

Best of Luck.

--------------------
I've recently started my own weblog, you can find it here: Dexter's Adventures

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate