Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Give me film assignments.
    #5759496 -

Tomorrow I am going to wake up on the earlier side of things (I fucking hope!) and head out-of-doors with my camera to film new york city. I'm going to film it long and I'm going to film it hard, just getting all sorts of funky shot. No plot, no theme, I am just going to capture captivating images in motion. Then I am going to come home and, under the influence of marijuana and perhaps a low mushroom dose, I am going to edit that footage to song, most likely You Can't Touch the Untouchable by The Big Sleep.

When I wake up tomorrow I hope this post is chock full of ideas of things for me to try and catch on film. I like the idea of not only grabbing what I see that looks good to me but also looking for particular things in the reality around me, like looking for Waldo.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5759518 -

Your assignment, if you choose to accept it:

-An example of out of place nature (such as a lone tree surrounded by buildings)

-A shot from a high vantage point of the activities of a busy new york street

-A homeless person

Edited by SourceLimit (06/17/06 12:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5759521 -

If you can, get a scene of the crowded city sidewalks.

I remember you saying you're close to little Italy so if its possible I'd love it if you could get some footage on Mulberry. :laugh: :heart:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5759534 -

Central park is always funtimes. Those big rocks, in that place that I've been, were cool. That big ass field was cool too.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about. I've been to NYC once. I'll be there again soon, though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5759543 -

I'd like to see you capture the existentialist angst of a Safeway-cart with a broken wheel. Or something along those lines. It could also be a crack-whore in a Walmart trying to buy a bottle of aspirin, and getting suspicious looks from the employees...

I forgot to look at you films the other day. What's the URL again?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: Papaver]
    #5759545 -

The house that Ruth built. :2cents:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5759574 -

A completely ruined person smiling.


--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5759575 -

mattzdope said:
If you can, get a scene of the crowded city sidewalks.




filler.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: Animals]
    #5759591 -

How about Ground Zero?!? :sad:


--------------------

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5759598 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I'm going to film it long and I'm going to film it hard, just getting all sorts of funky shot.



:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: absolute zero]
    #5760280 -

when i think of NYC i think of steem wefting from the sidewalks (sewers or whatever... i could never figure that out actualy... havn't seen anything like that over here :shrug:)

grafitti and posh shop fronts...

subway shots

cab shots

(you can tell i've only seen NYC in movies right?)


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: Simisu]
    #5760283 -

It's actually illegal to videotape in the subway. Terrorists, LOL.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5760303 -

well... it's also illegal to eat LSD/mushrooms and smoke weed but that didn't stop you now did it? i know jewbot can do it :jewbot:
go out there and flash the fro around... they won't mind :grin:


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5760412 -

-homeless/crackheads
-skaters
-queens bridge guys


--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by trendal (06/17/06 12:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5760421 -

Ground Zero for sure.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5760466 -

statue of liberty
view from empire state building
times square
broadway
mimes/street performers
any interesting shit you see on the way to these places


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5761856 -

Sunrise
Smiles
:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: nunciate]
    #5761869 -

nunciate said:
A completely ruined person smiling.



That too :smirk: :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5761875 -

pigeons eating cheetos


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give me film assignments. [Re: Wysefool]
    #5763474 -

a random walk north starting on the ferry from staten island and then the posh terminal, and then walk north through manhatten. But ground zer o is so blah.


--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Live giant squid caught on film *VIDEO* Bi0TeK 2,421 16 09/28/05 05:15 PM
by Smushroom
* Fire Consumes WTC 7-Size Skyscraper, Building Does Not Collapse TheHealCure 762 8 08/28/09 09:27 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Propaganda Films
( 1 2 all )
pantsboy 2,740 23 10/14/05 02:17 PM
by psilomonkey
* My day of skateboarding *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 3,645 24 04/16/04 03:32 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 6,191 62 11/15/06 04:33 AM
by Great Scott
* Skateboarding
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomyMcPot 6,401 56 07/16/04 08:14 AM
by JaRRn
* Skateboarding
( 1 2 all )
Xog 2,327 23 06/22/10 02:51 AM
by twighead
* Man with 'bionic' leg to climb Chicago skyscraper Patlal 867 9 10/31/12 01:22 PM
by funegi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,077 topic views. 3 members, 169 guests and 81 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.