Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight.
    #5285032 -

I'm going to rent Grizzly Man, but I want something else to go along with it.

The last film I rented was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, so whatever is up to be watched tonight has one tough fucking act to follow.

Lay it on me, pubbers.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285039 -

Grizzly Man is NOT mindblowing. It's fucked-up, sure.

"Lipstick and Dynamite" is one I'd like to see--female golden age wrestlers documentary.

"The Smartest Guys in the Room" on the Enron thieves.

Umm...those are documentaries, though. Dammit. You got me thinking that way.


--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285063 -

if you havent seen it yet, rent Dancer in the Dark.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: automan]
    #5285099 -

I have seen and wept uncontrollably during Dancer in the Dark. :sad:  What a powerful fucking film.

GnuBobo, along the lines of documentary, I suggest you rent Fast, Cheap & Out of Control, an Errol Morris documentary that is one of my favorite films of all time.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285108 -

"de fem bensp?nd" (the five obstructions) is by the same director as Dance in the Dark (Lars von Trier) - i saw it the other day and dug it...


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285123 -

"Me You & Everyone We Know" isn't bad.

Errol Morris is the King of Documentaries - Fog of War's good if you've not seen that.

Aristocrats is a mess but very funny in parts.

The Draughtsman's Contract'll get your head scratching

Made in Britain proves how good Tim Roth was & can be

Hana bi, Sonatine, Boiling Point, Zatoichi or any Beat Takashi film will blow you away

Control Room is a great documentary

The Motorcycle Diaries, Dig, Bad Santa, Inside Deep Throat, Mysterious Skin also all get my approval


--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285125 -

Ummm....well whilst not exactly mindblowing The Jacket I thought was very entertaining and raises some 'rubber reality' style questions...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #5285129 -

Ah! DiG! I forgot about how badly I wanted to see that, I looooove Brian Jonestown Massacre. Good call, that's a possibility.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285146 -

"battle royale" is a japanese flick that is pretty dope.. i don't know if i'd classify it as 'mindblowing'.. but, it's definately a good watch.

if you haven't seen 'cube', watch that.. i really like that flick.

umm.. my gf could recommend a lot more than i can.. but, she's not here.

yos-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: Yoschie99]
    #5285149 -

Cube's another one of my alltime favorites...excellent flick.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285152 -

I want something that's mindblowing in a sort of sad way, like Eternal Sunshine was.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285164 -

have you seen lord of war?


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: coda]
    #5285167 -

No, and I'm not sure just how interested I am in it, either. I mean I love Nic Cage...but something was holding me back from it.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285170 -



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: Krishna]
    #5285174 -

Amores Perros is one of my default "I dunno what to watch but this shit rules so I'll watch it for the billionth time" movies. :smirk:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285177 -

i get really squeamish seeing the dogs fighting, though


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: Krishna]
    #5285183 -

Eh, that's some raw, real shit. I love it. I love dogs too, so I love the relationships between everyone and their dogs...especially the old man whose name escapes me.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285187 -

Hmmm

Eternal Sunshine is a hard act to follow, for sure.

I saw that almost a year ago, haven't really seen anyting like it since then

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: Boom]
    #5285193 -

The last thing I saw before Eternal Sunshine that I loved in the same way was The Life Aquatic.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to rent a mindblowing film tonight. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5285198 -

Old Boy
The Life Aquatic
Save the Green Planet
Sideways
Mysterious Skin

They've all got a touch of pathos to them.


--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* favorite drug related film
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
n0xious 12,412 105 08/31/16 03:34 PM
by BANANA.MAN
* QUICK!! Recommend a movie for me to rent tonight!!!
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 3,907 24 05/15/04 06:04 PM
by Muppet
* Propaganda Films
( 1 2 all )
pantsboy 2,741 23 10/14/05 02:17 PM
by psilomonkey
* Good Films? stickyicky13 878 16 01/22/07 04:37 PM
by HeadTripVertigo
* The Great American Snuff Film - seen it? indica 1,304 5 09/04/06 12:54 PM
by Cepheus
* Bogart films on TCM jcldragon 380 2 08/31/05 10:26 PM
by jcldragon
* LSD tonight (new print pic)
( 1 2 all )
joe666 2,430 35 07/11/05 10:22 AM
by afoaf
* What movie should me and the g/f see tonight? LethalX5 788 11 04/15/05 04:29 PM
by TODAY

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,192 topic views. 4 members, 31 guests and 312 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.