Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlienMix
Stranger
Hello lets talk about robots!
    #5735362 - 06/10/06 09:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hello, this is my first time posting on these boards.  This is a great website  :grin:  There are alot of free thinkers here and I think we have alot in common.  So do you guys talk about robots and future stuff?  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Hello lets talk about robots! [Re: AlienMix]
    #5735397 - 06/10/06 09:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

welcome to the site!

well, im no pro on robots, but i do follow the news. some japineese dudes made a human like robot that could actually fool you into thinking she was human for up to 15 seconds in conversastion....

they also developed a robotic receptionist that looks like a 3 foot tall hello kitty  that you can rent for like $500 a month...

interesting stuff though, i cant even imagine what sort of secret robots the government has under wraps :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineAlienMix
Stranger
Re: Hello lets talk about robots! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5738440 - 06/11/06 05:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks zippoz :smile: i simply wanted to start up a topic which is interesting me recently.

If you have the Discovery Science channel, watch "Robo sapien."  It will premier on June 18th. The scientists are wack in what they're doing.  What they're doing makes perfect sense though.  It'll just make the faith  of the human race even weaker and harder to hold on.  Anyways, they're considering with all these new brain studies that the matrix actually may be possible.  Kind of like how dreaming could be a different kind of reality.  The main point of the show is that they are using a signal in the brain that is caused by just thinking.  This signal is used to move mechananical arms, legs, etc just by thinking about it.  Pretty much telephathy. Amazing huh?
So after this, could you not create a model of the human brain?  You definately can, and these robots will someday be robo sapiens.  We are born into this world, and will die with as a robo sapien with upgrades.  Obviously this creates lots of questions about the fate of our world, civilization, religion, and science. We are approaching the future.  We are the future.  Technology increases exponentially.  We will have very sophisticated robots within ONLY 100 years or much less.  This improves even marine robotics being able to approach great depths and withstanding HUGE ammounts of pressure. Lets talk about 17,000 lbs per sq inch. Also this creates the possiblity of robots building great engineering projects that people have to risk they're lives to build. Anyone heard of the glass pyramid project engineers are designing off the coast of Japan? It'll cover 4 or 5 city blocks ore more.  I don't even remember, but it's also designed for a huge wall to block off Tokyo's most technological business area from tsunamis.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Hello lets talk about robots! [Re: AlienMix]
    #5738877 - 06/11/06 07:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

We have a new Artificial Inteligence class at the local university. We get to build robots out of knex type stuff and use a Game Boy Advance to hold the programs that control them. They even come with little cameras to detect light and color, it is pretty sweet.

peace

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Hello lets talk about robots! [Re: supra]
    #5740798 - 06/12/06 08:06 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ah yes, robotics... I was highly disappointed in my robots comp sci class. It was a semester of translations and rotations. I guess I was expecting a lot more in the way of control systems and hands on fun rather than a theory of computational geometry class. Live and learn...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order