Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechronic_124
journeyman
half pints with birseed and cambodian?
    #571916 - 03/06/02 08:55 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

ok, this is my plan for tomorow, to steep my finch seed till it doubles in size, pressure cook for an hour and fifteen minutes, then fill my half pints with a couple of inches left from the top in then innoculate them with cambodian and use the normal metal bands lids and a micron magick filter disc, does this sound alright, i'm wondering because whenever i've read about using grains they do it in pint jars. thanks for your help. oh yeah, your supposed to but the filters on after pressure cooking right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePapa_Bear
M-M GOOD!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
Re: half pints with birseed and cambodian? [Re: chronic_124]
    #571935 - 03/06/02 09:22 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Baby Bear uses Quart Jars now.....1 cup seed...little less than 1 cup water, dash of gypsum. Pint jars used 1/2cup seed...less than 1/2 cup water, dash gypsum...
Filters go on BEFORE pc'ing...can be on top of metal lid or under....or she has used the filter disk with the metal ring by itself
Seed can be steeped.....baby just pc's without steeping.
Steep seeds. Fill jars leaving room for more expansion and shaking after pc'd....filter disk.. lid...aluminum foil (to keep out water during pcing)....after pc'd and pressure has come down, take jars out while hot and shake them to loosen seeds....after cooled innoculate with your favorite spores,agar.spawn....incubate in dark and wait....

Edited by Papa_Bear (03/06/02 09:31 PM)

Offlinechronic_124
journeyman
Re: half pints with birseed and cambodian? [Re: Papa_Bear]
    #571948 - 03/06/02 09:36 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

thanks, i hope i am succesful! will update, any other tips folks? wasthinking of mixing with some verm and drf, what do you think?

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
Re: half pints with birseed and cambodian? [Re: chronic_124]
    #572004 - 03/06/02 10:41 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Whatever you do, do not open the lids after sterilizing unless you're doing this under a flow hood. You will more than likely get contamination. With just a micron magic filter disc as a lid, the water in the jar will dehydrate too rapidly, and there will not be enough moisture for growth. Instead, use the regular lids that come with the jars, but make a big hole in the middle(with a diameter of an inch, for example, but no bigger). Place the filter disc around the "mouth" of the jar filled with substrate, place the metal lid with a hole in the middle on top of that, and then screw the lid shut with the circular metal band. The open hole is protected by the filter disk underneath, which will allow good air exchange while minimizing the chance of contamination. This may not make any sense to you until you actually do it. Cover the top of the jar with aluminum foil, Pressure cook, allow it to cool, take foil off and then innoculate in the hole.
The steeping is a good idea. Be sure to add a good 20-30% vermiculite to the mix because your seeds will be too dry if you don't. Good luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds