Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
paxil(SSRI) + mushrooms = conflict?
    #566140 - 02/28/02 07:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I am wondering if anyone has any information about wether SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like PAXIL will interfere with the effects of mushrooms. I'm not sure if these are like MAOIs or if there is realy much of a difference (i'm biochemicaly illiterate for the most part). any info or or links to info would be greatly appreciated.
PEACE, concretefeet.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: paxil(SSRI) + mushrooms = conflict? [Re: canid]
    #566149 - 02/28/02 07:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

sorry i didn't do a search for related threads before posting but any more info just for my own sense of wellbeing would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: paxil(SSRI) + mushrooms = conflict? [Re: canid]
    #566163 - 02/28/02 08:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm on zoloft which is also an SSRI....they are completely different then MAOI's.  And in my experience......they DO interfere w/a mushroom trip.  You would need to eat more.  what I do, is plan the day i'm gonna trip and not take my meds for that day and the day b4.  Not sure if that's too good of an idea, but it works for me :smile:  I guess it depends on the severity of your depression. 

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: paxil(SSRI) + mushrooms = conflict? [Re: josh666]
    #566178 - 02/28/02 08:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Josh is in fact right about the amount you will need to eat but I think the difference is very small. I recently tripped while I was taking paxil. The trip was completely normal and I had an incredible time. As far as the effect paxil had on the dosage, it was very little. I took around 2 grams of P.C. and the effects would compare to a 1.75 gram trip (while not on paxil). So, there was little to no difference.

Anyway, I was taking paxil for some minor social anxiety problems (i.e. speaking in class, giving speaches, ect.) and for a minor depression. When I say minor, I know what I'm talking about because I was clinically diagnosed with major depression about 4 years ago. My point is that I didn't shroom when I was really depressed, although I did have some trouble in my life (girlfriend problems, and in my book, there's nothing worse). But, I did have a good time, probably due to the low dosage.

All and all, you'll be completely fine shrooming while taking paxil. If you can, skip the dose the day of the trip just to be safe. It doesn't really matter though if you've been taking paxil for a while (like over a month) because your body has adjusted to the new seritonin level. You'll be fine though. If you start to feel a bit strange (apart from a normal mushroom trip), don't panic...It's the FUCKING shrooms and you imagination running wild. Remember, set and setting and number one and when you shroom with the though of Paxil on you mind, you're gonna get feedback from that area. Just relax and remember, there's nothing chemically that is dangerous about mixing mushrooms and paxil.
Hope this helps some.

Grimace

--------------------
"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: paxil(SSRI) + mushrooms = conflict? [Re: Grimace]
    #566180 - 02/28/02 08:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Please excuse me for all the errors in my previous message. Alcohol does affect my perception!!!!!!!!!!HEH!!

Just read the message and add t's and what-not to the though's and whatever else you can find wrong. BAH!!!

I hate thinknig too much while I'm drunk!

Grimace

--------------------
"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: paxil(SSRI) + mushrooms = conflict? [Re: Grimace]
    #566183 - 02/28/02 08:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

what dosage where you taking? i am taking the 20mg and i've only been taking it for a week. i don't suppose there should be a problem from what i've read since my original post but thank you both for you time and input.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience