Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCatzeye

Loc: The South
Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms???
    #542464 - 02/06/02 12:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Greetings All:
I was wondering if anyone has any information as to the Medicinal effects of Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms. I'm particularly interested in any studies done using Mushrooms to treat migraine headache's. Also, if you know of any studies done on Psilocybe Mushrooms used to treat Cancer I'd be interested in hearing about it. Thanks!

Purrrr,

Catzeye

--------------------
~It is Green, It Is AquaMarine~
It is Colors I have Never Seen.
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinencshroomer
journeyman
Loc: Wilmington NC
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: Catzeye]
    #542572 - 02/06/02 01:54 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

of course they are medicinal...don't you feel good when you take them? that means they must be medicinal

--------------------
What the fuck, lets give it a try!

OfflineCatzeye

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: ncshroomer]
    #542643 - 02/06/02 02:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, no! Actually, I feel like puking for about 1.5 hours after I eat them but I'm still interested in possible medicinal effects. Especially in regards to Headache's and Migraines. After all, the Indians used to use them for medicine...actually...they still do. I wish I could figure out a way to get rid of the Nausia I experience when I eat them. It's a reall downer.

Catzeye

Catzeye

--------------------
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #543379 - 02/07/02 06:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Laughter...isn't it supposed to be the best medicine? :laugh:

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

OfflinePachanguero
    #543525 - 02/07/02 09:51 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

There was a thread around here a couple of days ago discussing their use to treat migrane and/or cluster headaches. Sorry I don't remember the name. But try doing a search.

OfflineGRiMBLe_GRuMBLe
journeyman
Loc: Alabama, Land of Cubensis
    #544312 - 02/07/02 11:01 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This may be a dumb question, but Do you smoke pot? It always manages to ease any nausea for me. Also a different method of ingestion may help.

Oh btw, sorry for not saying anything remotely related to the topic of the thread =\

--------------------
Free Yourself From Yourself

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #544626 - 02/08/02 09:07 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineCatzeye

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: Anno]
    #544656 - 02/08/02 09:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Anno! Very cool website, I love the Vaults of Erowid. What would we do without it?

Catzeye

--------------------
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
    #545606 - 02/09/02 07:50 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I've always wondered if they could be used to treat depression. Most anti-depressants work by increasing/regulating serotonin your brain "absorbs". Since psilocybin is very similar to serotonin and, in effect, acts upon the same receptors as serotonin, couldn't you take a small dose daily and achieve similar positive effects as taking, say, Prozac daily?

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: crazyman]
    #547375 - 02/11/02 01:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think the developers/researchers of Prozac were looking for something that acts in the similar way as psilocybin, but has differenct chemical structure so they could make it legal. The warrning on Prozac that says that on overdosing can cause epileptic seizures if probably there to scare people away from experimenting.
I tried to double the prescribed dose of Prozac and the effects were similar to mild level-one experience.
My grandmother was taking Prozac for one month trial during which she talked with her dead husband. The doctor said that hallucinations were Prozac "side effect" and that she is oversensitive to it.

My theory is that mushrooms could be used to treat depression when used in low doses as well as Prozac could be used to get high.
Of course I would not advise to experiment with Prozac (it is probably too expensive for that anyway)...

OfflineCatzeye

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: crazyman]
    #547685 - 02/11/02 09:31 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I've often wondered if shrooms could be used to treat chronic obessity. Since they curb your appetite, it could be very usefull for people trying to loose weight. I've also noticed that the psilocybin gives a rush of energy right after ingestion, very simular to a dose of fresh Ginseng. I met a guy who traveled in South America extensively and one time he was hiking in the mountains and fell ill with altitude sickness. The guide he was with took him to a local medicine woman and she fed him shrooms. He recovered after a few days of rest but said the shrooms saved his life.

Catzeye

--------------------
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #554115 - 02/17/02 01:01 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Catzeye,

Search the computer for an organization called "MAPS"

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
    #558691 - 02/21/02 03:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I suffer from chronic headaches. I've had them for about one year now, daily that is. According to doctors, it's no migraine but has to do with tension. This could be tension in my muscles (neck mainly), but I've already had kinesetherapy and osteopathy, which haven't helped. Another possibility could be that the problem is something emotional. I have tried about everything medically, I also tried to relax more etc. And this shit ain't getting better. But when I consume the magic mushroom, my headaches are over for the duration of the trip. The day after that, I feel the same again.
Maybe someone here knows about any herbs that could help me relieve my pain? Pot sometimes helps a bit; maybe I could try eating spacecake on a regular basis? You never know.

If you can, please help me out.

Peace

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #561846 - 02/24/02 06:58 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, if you really believe hard enough that they'll cure something, they just might (placebo effect).

I think we should all be grateful that at least they don't RUIN health the way other drugs do (including many prescription drugs which cause side effects and even death from adverse reactions).

If you've ever read any books by Andrew Weil (a mycophile if there ever was one) you'll know that he's a big fan of guided imagery for helping treat certain medical problems. Guided imagery, as he describes it, works best when you have a trained therapist leading you through a question-and-answer session with your own body, helping yourself (and your body) to understand what the problem is and how it should best be addressed. It's just a hunch, but I think a shroom-aided guided imagery session might do wonders. After all, shamans use shrooms to diagnose other people's illnesses--why not try to use them to diagnose your own?

As far as nausea and stomach pains go, that's a difficult problem. I don't get it so bad myself, but I think that's because from the very beginning I always chewed the suckers v-e-r-y long and v-e-r-y carefully, just leaving them in your mouth for like five minutes, chewing chewing chewing. This is impossible if you can't stand the taste, but I don't mind it. The saliva in your mouth does a lot of the digesting work, making your stomach's job a lot easier.

OfflineTamrylin
Loc: USA, East Coast
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: Calimero]
    #562651 - 02/25/02 02:06 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i read that cubensis do relieve chronic headaches, but, somehow, i find it silly to go tripping to get rid of a head ache.. jus me tho

--------------------
Tangerine trees and marmalade skies...

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: Tamrylin]
    #562807 - 02/25/02 04:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Psilocybin mushrooms can help people who suffer from Cluster Headaches, (also referred to as suicide headaches) but that's not the kind of headache I have.
Maybe someone knows about any herbs or something that could help relieve my pain?

Peace

Offlinegray1
addict

Loc: brooklyn
Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: Calimero]
    #565694 - 02/28/02 10:04 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i have chronic headaches as well, although i haven't gotten a propper diagnosis yet, my appointment is in a month. they are definately tension headaches and as far as i can tell from my reading not cluster or migraines. usually i'll get them for a day or two at a time then they go away for a day, but sometimes they will last all week. i think part of it might be related to my working environment and my less than stellar nutritional status in the past year or so, but generally i'm extremely healthy. they are definately starting to worry me though, they are debilitating and i want to curb the problem before it gets way out of hand. any advice since you seem to have a similar problem?

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
    #565711 - 02/28/02 10:34 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Do you work out on a regular basis? Because if you don't you should, that used to help get rid of my headaches. Also, if you are having tension headaches can't you go to the doctor and get some kind of muscle relaxor?

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms [Re: gray1]
    #565812 - 02/28/02 12:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have headaches daily. Some days, they are not as bad as usual, but they're always there. Are your headaches situated in the front, 'cause mine are. When you take shrooms, does your headache go away? I'm afraid I can't help you, but we can still share some ideas right?

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Re: Medicinal Uses of Psilocybe Cubensis Mushrooms??? [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #565817 - 02/28/02 12:37 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I play table-tennis, if you'd call that working out. I also sometimes do a bit of running. But what kind of headaches did you have? And how long did it take for them to fo away?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale