Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Potato Dextrose, Rye Grain, Syrian Rue, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed   eBay Lab Glassware

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineitalic
seer
Loc: Midwest, USA
Mycelium Extraction Techniques?
    #560291 - 02/23/02 01:28 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have read about a couple different ways to extract Psilocybin/Psilocin from mycelium, but I wanted to hear from people who have actually done some of them and had positive results, not too much of a hassle, not expensive, etc. Without thinking, my pet skate innoc'ed some jars without thinking about spring break fast approaching and no one to babysit them.

Anyway, if anyone has tried anything and has had good results, please post below with instructions or a link or something. Thanks.

italic.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZylo
journeyman
Re: Mycelium Extraction Techniques? [Re: italic]
    #560394 - 02/23/02 04:28 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding the mycelium do not contain any psilocybin or other psycho active chemicals.......... Only the fruits do.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Mycelium Extraction Techniques? [Re: Zylo]
    #560468 - 02/23/02 09:34 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Absolutely NOT Zylo........... eat a pure brown rice cake %100 colonized .... might not want to eat verm lol,......and tell me nothing happened. Mycelia is loaded with psycho-actives.... that`s why some cakes turn blue when they get to dry... eat a cake.......... and fry. In fact i made some tea a week ago from a pint jar of rye grain .. just to try something different..... had a ton of jars anyway..... and me and the wifey fried bigtime........ felt like close to an 1/8th a piece at least.... and nice clean trip And as for extracting Italic..... I just got some pure grain alcohol...... 190 proof ! so I`m gonna try making a kick ass liquer ... here`s a good link with instructions on how to extract http://www.fanaticus.com/liqueu~1.htm

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Edited by Numba9 (02/23/02 10:58 AM)

Offlineitalic
seer
Re: Mycelium Extraction Techniques? [Re: Numba9]
    #560527 - 02/23/02 11:46 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Zylo: you may want to check this out...

http://www.fanaticus.com/forensic.htm

This is the study that the FBI conducted on when the first traces of Psychoactives show up in mycelium. To summarize, the earliest that they could find any of these compounds was in the hyphal knots, and not in the developing mycelium. But many people will tell you that mycelium definitely has a little magic in it :wink:

Numba9 : I read that tek, but are you telling me that this will work for mycelium? I was scared away from trying it because I don't have the dried mushrooms like the directions asked for. I just want to be clear that you have tried this tek with mycelium.

Thanks for the input!

italic. 

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

#560578 - 02/23/02 01:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yes............... made tea with a pint jar of rye grain 100% colonized.. thought I made that clear.......... got 2 people off with no pilots license lol

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Offlineitalic
seer
    #560840 - 02/23/02 07:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OK, yeah, you made that clear but, but how did you extract it from the rye grain into tea? I became confused when you mentioned your tea but posted a link to the 200 proof alcohol. So, how did you make the tea? I guess the main hangup I am having is trying to figure out if I will need to seperate the mycelium from the vermiculite and the rest of the cake. I would certainly assume so, but that's why I wanted to hear from others.

C'mon people, I am floundering out here!

italic.

InvisibleZylo
journeyman
    #560855 - 02/23/02 07:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This is a direct quote from fanaticus.com. It was taken from an FBI report.

"Mycelium growth was observed from 4 to 6 days. Fruiting bodies were observed from 24 to 48 days. The average amount of time for the primordia to appear was 32 days. Samples of mycelium were taken after 13 days of growth, 20 days of growth, and at various other days of growth. A total of 29 samples of the white mycelium growth were analyzed. No psilocyn or psilocybin was detected in any of these 29 samples. Nine of the 29 samples were confirmed by GCIMS, and again no psilocyn was detected. "

Mycelium do NOT contain any psychoactive chemicals/compounds.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #560929 - 02/23/02 09:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

wow! Then mycelia stains deep blue for no apparent reason??

--------------------

InvisibleRedeyedElf
enthusiast
Re: Mycelium Extraction Techniques? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #560944 - 02/23/02 09:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

*points* you are quoting the FBI....HELLO?!?! THE FBI

"I know our goverment would'nt lie to us"

lol

maybe I'm just paranoid...

--------------------
When the walls quit melting, I'll think of a sig

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Re: Mycelium Extraction Techniques? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #560972 - 02/23/02 09:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah Blue........ it stains blue cuz it is confused and did`nt hear the FBI or fanaticus report ......lol....... weird how those cakes think on their own huh? ....... so all i have to say is ......basically .... someone has to tell me that I wasn`t fryin on that tea...... and......... musta just been my imagination huh?Zylo?..... explain thaT to me pleez..... how I halluicinated on no alkaloids?.....Ok ..... I`m gonna say this.... flame or not...... you are an idiot !!!!!!!!!!!...... Why then did i grab on to my chair and see colors and tracers if cakes {mycelia}are'nt psycho-active?research is research........ and truth is truth

--------------------

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

#560991 - 02/23/02 10:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OK..... here`s a quote from Steven H. Pollack M. D." Magic Mushroom Cultivation" first print......1977.........."If there is absolutely no sign of contamination, the cakes themselves may be fried or broken up and cooked in mushroom soup or other cuisine for a PSYCHEDELIC experience. One cake is usually sufficient for 2 to 4 enthusiasts"...... that is a direct quote from the old school....... not the F.B.I. mind you

--------------------

Offlineitalic
seer
Zylo... [Re: Numba9]
    #561155 - 02/24/02 01:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you are right about what you posted, but if you had continued reading, you could have reached PF's comments on the tests. Here is an exerpt:

4. They found no drugs in the young mycelium. This is very surpising, because after ingestion of ?tea? made from boiling down mycelium engulfed grain, a slight ?psilocybian buzz? can be felt for a brief time. The answer is that the lab equipment could not detect an amount of psilocybin that the human psyche can!

See, that is what my skate is looking for, but no one has said *how* to do it. Boil it down in what?

InvisibleZylo
journeyman
Re: Zylo... [Re: italic]
    #561212 - 02/24/02 03:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If someone can actually get a tek or guide to extracting this from the mycelium or making a tea with it. Post it up here so we can try it. I'm just skeptical at this point.

InvisibleFreakyFreddy
Re: Zylo... [Re: Zylo]
    #561276 - 02/24/02 06:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

>>>>>>>If you research into the archive here at The Shroomery you'll find all this info.<<<<<<<<<<
First: DO NOT eat/drink vermiculite. It tastes like crap and is proven to be seriously bad for a human being. Cancer causeing or something? Grains like rye (better taste) or birdseed (millet etc.) are better for the growing mycelium protien wise also "shakablity" speed of growth wise.
Second:Use at least 1 pint for the extraction. (I use almost 2 pints) Of course the strain and your own mileage may very.
Third:Extract with Vitamin C "crystals" (ascorbic acid) and the purest cranberry juice you can find.
Just put your pint or so of mycelium covered (its best to let it sit at least a month) substrate chopped up into a jar with the vit. c and cranberry. Put the lid on it and shake vigorously for like a half and hour off and on. I imagine letting it sit for a while might have some benefit though I just shake 30 mins then filter off the grain and drink after prayer. I have used coffee filters, metal filters, and a sock (that sucked-messy)
I get my Vit.C crystals from the health food store and use about a large teaspoon (5,000 mg) for each serving or pint.
I suppose you could use crushed vitmin c tablets but Ive never tried that and dont know if it works.
This works and is fine for most spiritual purposes.
If you want serious hallucinations you are still gonna want to eat actual fruitbodys. My only concern is ego death which this works just fine for;-)
I have imagined grinding up some Syrian Rue seeds to get more out of this "visually" speaking.
I have heard it also alters other factors of the trip. Duration longer. Overall vibe.
Go to Erowid.com to find more on Syrian Rue. I think there is also an actual "Foolproof Tek" there as well for mycelium extraction but it basically says what I am here saying.
Some of us just cant risk growing fruitbodies....yet there is much to be gained from destroying the constructs....

Edited by FreakyFreddy (02/24/02 06:23 AM)

InvisibleFreakyFreddy
Re: Zylo... [Re: FreakyFreddy]
    #561293 - 02/24/02 07:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

By the way Zylo... after reading some of your posts...I have concluded...that you...may never make it...out of THIS construct.
Dont get me wrong. I hope you do. I hope I do. I hope we all do.
Maybe youll grow up...
Skeptics always die lonely and afraid.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Zylo... [Re: FreakyFreddy]
    #561350 - 02/24/02 09:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

ok, i got pissee about zylo being skeptical, ok you dont just birth the jars right when there colonized and extract, you wanna wait about 1 month after their fully colonized, the reference zylo gave from PF was talking about b4 they've made hardly any psilo, i have tripped from cran extracted cakes 1 cake split between two people (the cran extract) got us both off for our first trip about 3 or 4 years ago.... its better to grow out the shrooms but you definitley will trip... zylo you shouldnt argue with people who are here and have much more knowledge than you, it will only make people want to throw rags full of dog shit at you

Anonymous

Re: mycelium extraction [Re: FreakyFreddy]
    #569814 - 03/04/02 08:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Are any of you familiar with the 5000 doses per week mycelium extraction process at lycaeum?

heres a section:

Crumble and pulverize the dried mycelial material and combine each 100 mg of this material with 10 ml of methanol. Place the flask in a hot water bath for four hours. Filter the liquids with suction through a filter paper in a buchner funnel with Celite to prevent clogging. Collect and save the filtrate liquids. Heat the slurry (the mush in the filter paper) two more times in methanol as before, filter, and accumulate the liquids of the three extractions. To be certain that all of the alkaloids have been extracted do a small extraction with a portion of the used slurry and test with Keller's reagent (glacial acetic acid, ferrous chloride, and concentrated sulfuric acid). If there is a violet indication, alkaloids are still present and further extraction is in order.
In an open beaker evaporate the liquids to total dryness with a hot water bath or by applying a hair dryer. Be certain that all traces of methanol have been removed. The remaining residue should contain 25-50 percent psilocybin/psilocin mixture. Greater purification can be achieved, but would require other solvents and chromatography equipment and is hardly necessary.

Each 100 grams of dried mycelium should yield about 2 grams of extracted material. This should contain at least 500 mg of psilocybin/psilocin mixed or about fifty 10 mg doses. Theoretically psilocin should have the same effect upon the user as psilocybin. The only difference between the two is that the later has a phosphate bond which disappears immediately after assimilation in the body. In other words, in the body psilocybin turns into psilocin. Psilocybin is a fairly stable compound, but psilocin is very susceptible to oxidization. It is best to keep the extracted material in a dry air tight container under refrigeration. A sack of silica-gel can be placed in the container to capture any moisture that may enter.

Offlinemrhappy
journeyman
Loc: Illinois
Re: mycelium extraction [Re: ]
    #569886 - 03/04/02 09:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That's a direct quote from the book "Psilocybin Production," by Adam Gottlieb. This book has been around for quite awhile (can't remember the copyright year, and my copy is leant out right now), and the technique is based on culturing the mycelium in a liquid broth, and just harvesting that, without bothering to fruit it out. The mycelium (according to the book--don't know if it's true) is just as potent as the fruiting bodies at their prime, if you extract it about 4 days after a saccharimeter indicates that the sugar has been used up. Supposedly, senescence problems would be avoided by alternately producing stock cultures in potato dextrose agar, and malt extract agar, and innoculating the production (liquid broth) cultures with the mycelium thus produced (innoculating new agar cultures from the production cultures as needed). I guess that theory didn't pan out, because one of the things the PF TEK points to as a dramatic improvement over older practices is the recognition of the importance of the spore cycle in maintaining the culture's vigor. That's my understanding anyway--I'm pretty fucking clueless, though.

--------------------
"I wasn't lookin' too good, but I was feelin' real well"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop for:   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Potato Dextrose, Rye Grain, Syrian Rue, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed   eBay Lab Glassware

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation