Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesillvyr

Loc: under a tree
Is ultrasonic enough for air exchange?
    #559375 - 02/22/02 06:34 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Y'all,
I'm concerned that the ultrasonic humidifier may not be enough for air exchange in my rubbermaid terrarium, as a friend pointed out to me. I was originally under the impression that a humidifier would take care of my CO2 exchange (according to MMGG), am I erroneous in assuming this, and need either to cut a hole covered by filter, or begin fanning/some other manual air exchange? I also recently discovered a 2" crack near the bottom of the terrarium. The rubbermaid is the type that has wheels, and the crack is right at the top of the "wheel-well" that the wheel fits into. Is that crack allowing the CO2 to escape?(It lets water out)

--------------------
The "Little Mushrooms" are but emisaries to the Overmind.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is ultrasonic enough for air exchange? [Re: sillvyr]
    #559444 - 02/22/02 08:36 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ultrasonics provide virtually no air exchange. The crack probably lets some co2 out. Your situation sounds fine for cakes, I wouldn't trust it for a minute with a casing in it. Do your shrooms show signs of high co2 levels? If the fruits are fine, I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you are casing, in which case the stagnant air will favor contams.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#559451 - 02/22/02 08:46 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know why most people think that ultra sonics don't provide good air exchange. Ultra sonics provide excellent air exchange when they are on. The problem with them is that if you leave them on all the time it will provide too much moisture and you'll get water beading up everywhere. I would cut a hole in the bottom and put a micron magic filter disk over it. Then hook up an air pump. Put an air stone on the end and put it in a jar or water and h202. This will provide excellent air exchange and raise humidity. If water is leaking out of that hole seal it up with some silicon adhesive.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Is ultrasonic enough for air exchange? [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #559463 - 02/22/02 08:54 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (02/22/02 08:55 AM)

Offlinesillvyr

Re: Is ultrasonic enough for air exchange? [Re: XAZIA]
    #559622 - 02/22/02 11:32 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm......Lots of differing opinions! I have the ultrasonic on all the time, set very low and diffused thru several coke bottles before the tubing enters the terrarium.
Now, WakingUpLate told me he uses an outlet tube low down on the terrarium connected to a 20 oz bottle cut in half with a filter attached to the end. Is that effective when used with an ultrasonic?
I am home alot during the day and I'm just using my hair dyrer as an exhaust fan several times a day. I set it on cold and point the air intake (the "butt end" of it) way down low (as low as i can w/o sucking anything up) and the other end that blows out pointing up and run it for a few minutes each time, 4 or so times a day. Is that sufficient, or should I move to something else? (Yes, I'm growing cakes)

--------------------

Edited by sillvyr (02/22/02 06:42 PM)

Offlinesillvyr

#559632 - 02/22/02 11:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i was trying to post and put it in the wrong place by mistake... but i don't want to get yelled at for cross-posting :frown:

--------------------

Offlinesillvyr

#560103 - 02/22/02 06:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Are there any other ideas floating around on the air exchange versus air circulation argument? I'm curious to know what other ideas might be.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix