Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Student ofMycology

Question about UltraSonic misters
    #3064333 - 08/29/04 04:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I looked around, and couldn't find the info I was looking for.. So I figured I'd drop a Q.

I'm curious to those of you who have ultra sonic misters, in how they function.. Do you set a timer, and they come on at certain interavals.. Or are you able to specify a certain RH level which you want the mister to keep things at?

Also, how efficient would a cheap one be at keeping a small (11'x6') room humidified for fruiting?

Any specific brands of preference?

Many thanks for your knowledge. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about UltraSonic misters [Re: Alacritas]
    #3064350 - 08/29/04 04:52 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I find that they are best used with a cool mist. martha

All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Student ofMycology

Re: Question about UltraSonic misters [Re: Magash]
    #3064367 - 08/29/04 05:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You mean using two systems of humidification? Seems a little redundant to me.. If its to promote proper air flow, thats not a problem.. The room's air will be fully vented every hour. Would you suggest a coolmist over an ultrasonic mister? I'm having difficultly finding information on which is best. :P

Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about UltraSonic misters [Re: Alacritas]
    #3064632 - 08/29/04 11:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think it depends on your fruiting chamber. The room's air? Is this to mean you are going to use an entire room and keep it at 99%? That would be a bit different then running one for a smaller chamber. I know of people who use Ultrasonics alone, about 15 minutes every 1-2 hours (bigger chamber, is the 1 hours smaller chambers every 2 hours.

I think the reson behind the dual humidification is that cool mists really work the best over all since they give you pretty good humidity (high 90's constant) and excellent air exchange as opposed to an ultrasonic which would have drops in humidity starting when it stoped until right when it came on again. This would give you fluctuations. However ultrasonics do provide that extra omph that I think takes away the need for misting by hand (as I feel its nessasary to do with only a cool mist). So the cool mist is there for air exhange and humidity but the ultrasonic acts as a mister every hour or so.

Well anyway, I think I rolled away from the train of thought but just venting the room that the chamber is in wont do anything about air exchange in the chamber. Maybe your setting up a fan setup or something to fully vent the chamber every hour and thats what you meant? Well if so, keep in mind if the fans are always on you will be pumping in dry air into your terrerium. Maybe you got it all figured out but just wanted to make sure you didnt forget about something :smile:

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation