Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejobus
Stranger
Loc: USA, NorthEast
Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome
    #551911 - 02/14/02 09:56 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone. I have been reading as much as possible about shrooms in the past few months. Being a very philosophocal person has allowed me to reach certain conclusions about the universe I exist in, and I feel that to reach the next level of understanding, I'll need something to augment my state of mind. Unfortunately, I believe I may have 1 or more "Shadow Syndromes", or very mild cases of serious neurological disorders (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety). I am 16 years old, and, despite my lack of wisdom, I do believe that I may have some trouble if I took shrooms. Mentally I have been preparing myself for quite some time, and I've come a long way, however my state of mind could easily be superceded by a neurological disorder, correct? I do not want to live without actual "sight" (being aware of the REAL truth, without the bias of the ego) , and such an existence would be one without truth, and I do not want that. I also don't want to be a paranoid schizophrenic for the rest of my life if something should go wrong...but I need this, I need enlightenment. Please, someone, advise me! Thank you,

Jobus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecxz
enthusiast
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: jobus]
    #551940 - 02/14/02 10:29 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Just eat a low dose, go somewhere really comfortable with no people around with a acouple of good friends, Just eat a small dose and run around in the open wilderness during the day and you should be fine.

There are many articles that relate to mushrooms curing psychological disorders. I am sure you will be fine. Some times its good just to stop thinking about things.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #552231 - 02/15/02 06:06 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

First I think you are thinking to much, you have to live and experince life a little more, and is ok if you don't feel you are ready for doing shrooms I did them for the first time when I was 30.
Relax I am sure there is nothing wrong with you and your syndroms, you are just a little mental, (I was to) do some physical stuff to balance your self.
you have plenty of time ahead to do shrooms when you are ready.
If you don't feel ready you can have a bad experience.

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: LOBO]
    #552301 - 02/15/02 08:23 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that you're thinking too much but to me that only proves that you are probablly on track with believing you have a "shadow syndrome". They have no idea what my brain issues are completely but on "bad trips" I've had the obsessive compulsive thing come up and the trip was like being in a 12 hour fever induced nightmare where I was trying to fix or understand something that had no meaning. I can't put into words how mind ripping these experiences were.

Playing with your brain is fun---until you hit a slick spot!!!!!!

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
    #552359 - 02/15/02 09:43 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You might want to have a read at www.maps.org. They're actually doing a study that uses psilocybin to treat OCD! :smile:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #552364 - 02/15/02 09:54 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If I were you, I would wait a few more years before I started to explore with drugs. If you feel that you need something to augment your state of mind to get to the next level, then you are not yet ready to visit the next level. As long as you need enlightenment, it will evade you, drugs or not.

I don't want to scare you, but this is a true story. I had a very close friend that always said he thought he was "borderline schizophrenic". I always thought he was just being silly. Anyway, he started playing with DXM, a dissociative. After a while he was eating DXM like candy, pretty much all the time. Long story short, he snapped (he thought he was 'The Messiah' and it was his job to build 'the third temple' to stop the end from coming). His mother had to fly up here and haul him home. He spent a few days "under observation", but because he was over 18 (around 27 at the time) they couldn't keep him. He now lives in Isreal somewhere doing who knows what.

It sounds like you are fairly intelligent, a rarity these days, and are looking for a shortcut. There are no shortcuts... because there don't need to be any. If you eyes are closed, simply open them. It will only take however long you make it take. A day, a week, a month, a lifetime, never... it is all up to you.

Ask yourself why you want to do this. Make a list of reasons; write each one down. Now go back and review your list. For each reason you list, your ego will be staring back at you.

You have already found what drugs provide a lot of people, an open mind. You are willing to accept that there is more out there than what we can "see". Have you started to learn meditation yet? If not, find a good meditation group to help you get started.

Peace

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: Seuss]
    #553397 - 02/16/02 08:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah---no short cuts

There are a lot of things that look like short cuts but they are either dead ends---or like driving your car off a cliff instead of taking the winding mountain road.

Drugs are not toys---they can mess up a young mind that hasn't completely developed (and won't until late 20's-early 30's).

True stories of my friends:
Patty--17years old---suicidal, she just entered rehab for the third time

Coy--16--took any drug he could get, stole from friends and family, his mother calls him "the little whore", suicidal with drugs, locked up and in rehab for the third time

David--18--smokes 16 bowls of weed a day--dropped out of school---hot tempered--in fights all the time---struggling daily

Jason---died at 22--cocaine and herion over dose, I found out by picking up the morning paper

Jeremy--17--addicted to weed(psychologically), won't admit it, probably on his way to jail

Ricky--23--O.D.ed three times, satanic worship and black witchcraft, 3 years in jail, should get out this year,

Nick--17--struggling with sobriety---just finished drug treatment, stole from his family to pay drug debts, told me with tears in his eyes, "I always fuck it up! I always fuck it up! I can't do anything right!"

Brad--15---looking for love, rejected by about everyone, been sent away twice, sober now, drug treatment for the second time, has used just about every drug

Carlie--18--used everyone and every drug, suicidal, presently missing

Guy--17--the angry young man---deals ketamine to support his drug habits, weed, prescripts, been in drug treatment once, just got busted by his mom for weed again

Pat--21--dropped out of college due to drugs and drinking

Mike--19--functional alcoholic drug user

Roger--47---ex-heroin addict, liver cancer, he's waiting to die, his daily diet consists of oxycontin, alcohol, and weed

Paul--20--one under aged drinking citation and 3 DWI's, awaiting jail sentencing

PJ---killed at 23---he knew too much

All I'm saying is DON'T ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST.......

Offlineconphormant
Stranger
Loc: Oregon
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: Tannis]
    #554737 - 02/17/02 07:37 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Who wants to bet this is bogus.

--------------------
We are ghosts to ourselves as soon as we take the moment for granted. Troydank

Offlinetoo_many_weirdos
it's a jungle inhere
Loc: Ithaca, NY
    #554753 - 02/17/02 08:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well, mushrooms certainly did aggrivate my OCD and add/adhd, but i don't mind. the benefits far outweigh these minor negative aspects.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: conphormant]
    #555242 - 02/18/02 10:18 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I can't speak for Tannis (who's post sounds like a bad dare commercial), but my story was true. Trust me, there is not much worse than trying to explain to your best friends mother why it isn't your fault that he snapped. Also, DXM is not the same as mushrooms... but, if your body is hinting at no, then maybe you should listen. If you don't, it is possible (not 100%) that things will turn out bad.

--------------------

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #555339 - 02/18/02 12:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

> I need enlightenment.

You don't need psychedelic drugs for enlightenment.

You more than likely wont go nuts from taking psychedelic mushrooms.

Anonymous

#555358 - 02/18/02 12:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My advice is to avoid using shrooms at this time. Your mental
state (anxieties, sadness at loss, anger etc.) can color your
experience while tripping. Above all, if you do choose to trip
anyway, experiment with a small amount, avoid combining
with anything else until you know your reactions (such as
pot, some people get paranoid on pot), take in a peacefull
setting where there are no distractions (telephones, doorbells,
parents, TV) and make sure someone you trust is with you.

Mushrooms can help clear some of the cobwebs blocking
the doors to perception, but they of themselves will not provide
enlightenment. Alternatively, I would like to suggest a few
good books which may help you in your quest: "Walden" &
"On the Duty of Civil Disobedience" by Henry David Thoreau,
"Cosmic Trigger" by Robert Anton Wilson, "The Seven
Mysteries of Life" by Guy Murchie and before experimenting
with psychoactive drugs "Chocolate to Morphine - Understanding
Mind-Active Drugs" by Andrew Weil & Winifred Rosen.

I believe that enlightenment is not really a destination but
a journey.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: conphormant]
    #556062 - 02/19/02 08:07 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Nope ---- all true and all people I know personally.......Tannis

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: Seuss]
    #556063 - 02/19/02 08:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Bad DARE commerical........ I like that..... That means my friends are mostly poster children for just say no..... Tannis

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #556078 - 02/19/02 08:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey seriously,

What I was saying in my "bad DARE commerical" is that you have doubts or questions about whether you can use any drug and not be affected since you may have a shadow syndrome.
I listed all those people because some of them had doubts or questions as well and just ignored the information and that led to consequences.....the ones I listed.
I was trying to show that you can have little or no consequences or major ones...so consider your personal situation before doing something you will regret or that you can't change back.
I wish my friend Jason would walk through the door but he's dead....he's not coming back and he thought he could handle drugs....everyone thought he could.

I definitely take the attitude of "look before you leap".... It's saved my life before.

Not everyone who does drugs dies or gets sent away....but it does happen to SOME people and that was my point.....don't be one of those people that the worst happens to....

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings...... Tannis

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Concerned with shrooms agrivating shadow syndrome [Re: Tannis]
    #556264 - 02/19/02 12:57 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

-smile-

--------------------

Offlinejobus
Stranger
Loc: USA, NorthEast
    #557005 - 02/20/02 12:53 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for your responses. I think you guys are right, that I should wait for the full development of my brain to occur before consuming anything that could possibly hinder the apogee of it's growth. I believe I will smoke alot of marijuana to prepare me for shrooming, and I when I feel that I am ready, I will ingest enough to bring me to a level 4-5 trip (is this the right thing to do? I don't want to waste the first time on exclusively visuals). Be this at age 18 or 35, this is what I plan to do. Thank you again everyone for your responses, and I hope this provides assistance to anyone who had similiar concerns.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #557289 - 02/20/02 08:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

A first trip at level 4-5 could be really mindblowing-----these levels can be intense....VERY INTENSE and you can (like myself) end up losing 3-5 hours find yourself covered with scratches and not know what happened.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag