Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
martha stewart gone wrong!
    #5452423 -

so last night i went out and got a marth set up and i purchased a humidifier along with it.....i stuck the humidifier inside the martha set up and turned it on the lowest setting.....now considering there are beathing pockets on the sides of the setup i figured that some of the humidity would exscape......WRONG!!! most of the humidity stayed inside and when i opened up the thing in the morning there was puddles in my casings!! and on the bottom of the martha set up as well.....whats the soulution?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5452433 -

LMAO... Solution is DONT PUT YOUR HUMIDIFIER DIRECTLY INTO YOUR MARTHA!


--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5452439 -

You need fresh air from outside the martha going into the humidifyer. Even if you put it on a timer, your filter would probably start to grow stuff. I haven't actually tried anything similar, so I'm just speculating, but pipeing in fresh air will solve your problem.

Rahz


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Akira]
    #5452445 -

Akira said:
LMAO... Solution is DONT PUT YOUR HUMIDIFIER DIRECTLY INTO YOUR MARTHA!



yea, the whole point of the cool mist is to provide FAE (fresh air exchange) which your not doing because it's in your martha, and it gives off humidity.


--------------------
My Shroomery Gallery

Don't get ripped off ONLY BUY FROM SHROOMERY SPONSORS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Akira]
    #5452452 -

You need to put a little effort into it if you want to get anything worth while back, and go buy yourself some pvc plastic tubing, pve connectors, tape, and hoses.






Beauty creates beauty, now go create a masterpiece  :wink:


--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Akira]
    #5452464 -

Well done Akira, I must say, that is a good looking martha!


--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Akira]
    #5452466 -

ok so let me ask you this....lets say i get a hose and i put a hole in martha that leads to the humidifire.....isnt it gonna pump the same amount of humidity in the thing and cause the same problem??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5452473 -

dude thats the wallgreens humidifire i bought!!! hell yah!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5452495 -

Akira.....i didnt notice a vent opening on urs? do you just zip urs up and have those two humidifires pumpin in humidity without an escape hole?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5452524 -

isnt it gonna pump the same amount of humidity in the thing and cause the same problem??

If you're pulling in air, you're also expelling air. If the humidifyer is inside the martha, you're humidifying air that's already humidifyed. By sending humid air into the humidifyer, you're basically creating rain.

Rahz


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Rahz]
    #5452534 -

ahhh intelligence....!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Rahz]
    #5452555 -

Wait. There's nothing wrong with putting the humidifier inside. You certainly have to provide for air exchange, but that's easily done with holes or slits in the sides. I run my coolmist sitting on a shelf inside the greenhouse, and the water within last two weeks before it needs to be refilled. Run for no more than two minutes, then off for ten to twenty. This will give 85% to 90% humidity, which is perfect for cased substrates, and there will be no dripping.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5452599 -

cougercruiser said:
whats the soulution?



Tell Martha to go to hell and get a cheap & simple setup:





:thumbup: :grin:


--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: FooMan]
    #5452760 -

lol yah my i f-up on the spelling...hahaha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5452852 -

My double Automated Martha is extremely easy to maintain, plus it adds an interesting decorative look to my room. It's 72 inches wide, and I can fit up to 36 (5)quart containers in them.  :eek:Besides, to get the yields I get with my martha I would have to stack a few tubs on top of eachother... :wink:


BTW. I only let my Coolmist run 24/7, the ultrasonic is on a timer set to come on for 15 minutes every 3 hours. Both of the martha have their own automization, the one to the right i have the humidifiers inside until i set it up for my next grow.

Roger Rabbit. The only side effect I see with putting it inside is having to custom cut your martha (the tiny holes it has are in no way enough) for FAE, plus also it takes up space that could be used for an extra casing.


--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Edited by Akira (03/28/06 08:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Akira]
    #5452929 -

Remember when hooking up the hoses to put the ultrasonic inlet over the cool mist inlet so that the fog from the ultrasonic drops into the airstream of the cool mist and mixes way way better.


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Magash]
    #5452991 -

can anyone post the tread for this martha setup. i have never heard of it and would lilke to study its benefits and downfalls, maybe integrate it with my own setup.


--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: lucas86]
    #5453028 -

Here you are: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/2607744/

And just search for stuff like "martha shelving" to get more info on the shelving specifically. Hope that helps.


--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: Solidcell]
    #5453121 -










HEehhhhh heahhhhhh???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: martha stewart gone wrong! [Re: cougercruiser]
    #5453228 -

I'm waiting on my coolmist and ultra to come in the mail. I need to know how you guys are adding the piece that will feed the air/moisture into the martha? Was there drilling involved to the devices themself?

If anyone could explain what kind of fitting I need, how I can connect the fitting to my devices, and if I need to use a liquid sealant, please do. It's the last step needed to complete my setups before innoculations on Friday.

Thanks dudes.


--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand,
Says, 'Don't you see?'
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.
Don't give it up.
You got an empty cup only love can fill."

Jerry Garcia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Martha Stewart details..... MapleLeafRag 1,307 5 11/11/04 02:42 AM
by scatmanrav
* shroom drying martha stewart style ZippoZM 1,228 2 09/08/03 05:53 PM
by taters
* Martha Stewart Closet DK1 4,840 6 01/29/05 11:40 AM
by scatmanrav
* martha stewart rocks! pleezr 2,143 10 01/24/02 01:48 AM
by theseeker
* Humidity and temp?Martha stewart set up rezzan1 2,174 12 09/24/04 07:16 PM
by rezzan1
* Martha Stewart Revelations! trouted 2,802 8 12/18/04 12:12 AM
by Majestic
* Martha Stewart, witch or god send???? RedCommyBasterd 911 6 12/23/02 04:08 PM
by Anonymous
* wrong humidifier?
( 1 2 all )
Cornelius 1,944 26 04/19/04 08:01 PM
by Cornelius

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,923 topic views. 13 members, 141 guests and 273 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.