Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Success stories...
    #535279 -

How many people in here had good to ok success with their first time groin". Just kinda curious/bored :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: DrD525]
    #535290 -

I just did my first using a myco-bag with Mazatapecs and it went smoothly. I injected about 3cc of the syringe in on 12/29, starting pinning on 1/22. Harvested today 1/29 and I got just under 3oz of material, not yet dried. Re-sealed the bag to see if I'll get anything else. See this thread for a pic of the results:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=535257

Tappuck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: DrD525]
    #535301 -

I have failed twice.
I think I failed the last time, because I filled the water to high in my PC, thus getting the verm layer damp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #535318 -

I just picked 11 Grams (Wet) from my first cake. There are still a number of medium ans small sized shrooms on the cake. I think I'll pick them tomorrow, then dunk and see what I get on my next flush.
Being my first time I don't know how this compares to the average yield, but I am thourghly pleased. Its really more than I expected.

Peace,
Bob


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: DrD525]
    #535332 -

I had success my first go.
Cause i followed the Tek to the tee.
I think i was anal about being so clean with everything.
But i had no contams my first go.


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: Roadkill]
    #535356 -

I just setup up my first casing. I have have done many jars so far without any problem yet. Check out the terrarium I just built. Inspired by another grower from here.







almost all of those jars are ready. I better get in gear on them. Wanted to see how thatr casing worked out first before i put them all at risk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: DrD525]
    #536429 -

Heh, I started with a homestead kit around 1986-7. The original with the agar and birdseed in testtubes. I got as far as colonizing the birdseed but then it all went to shit. It took me several months of attempts to finally get one mushroom that promptly aborted. How things have changed.


--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: Workman]
    #536493 -

"months to get one mushroom that promptly aborted. . . " LOL. Those were the good old days. . . .

I started with the PF Tek. Used the PF Strain. I nearly shit in my pants when that tiny little thing I thought might be a pin. . . .was. I got about 3 mushrooms from each cake. Four cakes.






--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: Workman]
    #536595 -

I started in 1997 with the The Foolproof Psilocybe Cubensis Mycelial Culture Technique - first 3 batches all contaminated.
After I extended the steaming time to 2 hours I was able to grow a few healthy jars, from which I bedded one on damp vermiculite  in a flower pot covered with saran wrap and that?s when my first mushrooms grew :wink:

Time from first try to succes: several months 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Success stories... [Re: DrD525]
    #536781 -

That's funny..

I remember reading Magic Mushroom Growers Guide back in 93 or so and saying cool, I have to try this. Ordered the supplies from FP and print from Syzygy. After innoculating the plates with the loop, and waiting weeks, nothing grew(at least my technique was sterile). The spores probably needed to be rehydrated(who knows how long the prints were sitting around). Packed everything away for about a year, at which time I happened upon a.d.m. and became hooked. Grew PF style and everything worked like a charm!

I no longer grow now! Everything I post is pertaining to my friend, whom I usually call "dude".


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Poll: First timer success stories?
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 1,227 20 07/21/05 05:32 AM
by Onetwothree
* Hippie tek success stories WANTED!! ergotlust 1,223 3 06/11/02 02:47 AM
by Hippie3
* Success stories of G2G w/ peroxided spawn? Hafrican 1,068 6 05/01/03 03:46 PM
by dmc_illz
* A success story phrozendata 891 2 11/16/01 11:16 AM
by SteppinRazer
* 1st time casing, how was your success? MickyFinn 2,275 17 09/06/03 02:54 PM
by hellfreak
* Has anyone successfully grown Koh Samui on PF cakes??? Scolecite 2,761 16 03/11/04 12:16 AM
by pazuzu
* WBS to Coco Coir success story : D nuk1m 819 8 11/13/05 10:41 PM
by nuk1m
* Re: Keep your fingers crossed: a ShroomWizard/ShroomGod success story!!!! Anonymous 2,381 4 12/01/99 03:33 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
947 topic views. 9 members, 232 guests and 132 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.