Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
I never noticed this...
    #5335603 - 02/24/06 05:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well a friend of mine told me that he looked up for symptoms of schizofrenia and he was reading it like it was me... He read some symptoms and most if not all of them were related to me...

Some dated back down to my youth...:
-striking social confinement. (that's what I've been doing for the past years)
-diminished of function at school, work or at home. (I always had a hard struggle with school and had to do a year over in the 4th year of high school... I almost failed my last year as well... School has been a struggle but not because it was too hard or anything but because I simply didn't fit in. I've always felt like the system that they use at school wasn't made for me...)
-shortcoming in the itself care. (that's me again... I can wear the same pair of jeans for a week and I don't care if there are any blood stains or any other stains on there or anything, I don't care about anything on how I look or how I present myself)
-effort with sleeps (I've always had a hard time getting to bed as a kid and still have a hard time falling asleep)
-Flattening of the emotions (that's me again... I've always had a hard time expressing or dealing with my emotions... I never could tell which emotion was what and how I should or could express them...)

Well those are the symptoms that go for teenagers (well I'm 19 so I still count myself as a teenager) so up till here it's me...

But here it goes... some symptoms I found on a dutch website but translated and symptoms that I find relate to myself
-diminished of function at school, work or at home. (just like above)
-annoying or scaring people because he/she lacks caring for him/herself in a way that offends people.
-Unpredictable anger outbursts
-Laying in bed all day long but being awake during the night and walks around town or around the house.
-Unable to make friends or only making short contacts (I got that as well... Yeah sure I got friends but they don't know me that well... and I basically never talk to them about my personal life or about how I am... If you'd go ask them how I am they'd prolly give an incorrect answer.)
-Talks in a weird way... (I often have a slurred speech or I'll be unable to form sentences)

Am I just being paranoid or is there a chance that I might be schizofrenic?

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: I never noticed this... [Re: Brakkie]
    #5335628 - 02/24/06 05:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I dont know. Maybe you should see a shrink if you are concerned about this.

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: I never noticed this... [Re: FungusMan]
    #5335635 - 02/24/06 05:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen a shrink lately because of a depression but damn I hate shrinks! Even my last shrink who I thought was pretty cool I didn't like after all...

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
    #5335645 - 02/24/06 05:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well, all of those symptoms you gave can also be passed off as depression.

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
    #5335652 - 02/24/06 05:51 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I know but that's why I was wondering if I'm just being paranoid... But still it does worry me...

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5335675 - 02/24/06 06:00 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

schizophrenia invovles delusions or hallucinations.

those are symptoms of something, and some of those symptoms are definitely in accordance with schizophrenia, but if you aren't delusional, catatonic, or undergoing hallucinations you hardly qualify.

schizotypal, possibly. I don't know if different countries diagnose differently though.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineHimejime
Learning the way

Loc: Northern Cali
    #5335692 - 02/24/06 06:15 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brakkie said:
Well a friend of mine told me that he looked up for symptoms of schizofrenia and he was reading it like it was me... He read some symptoms and most if not all of them were related to me...

Some dated back down to my youth...:
-striking social confinement. (that's what I've been doing for the past years)
-diminished of function at school, work or at home. (I always had a hard struggle with school and had to do a year over in the 4th year of high school... I almost failed my last year as well... School has been a struggle but not because it was too hard or anything but because I simply didn't fit in. I've always felt like the system that they use at school wasn't made for me...)
-shortcoming in the itself care. (that's me again... I can wear the same pair of jeans for a week and I don't care if there are any blood stains or any other stains on there or anything, I don't care about anything on how I look or how I present myself)
-effort with sleeps (I've always had a hard time getting to bed as a kid and still have a hard time falling asleep)
-Flattening of the emotions (that's me again... I've always had a hard time expressing or dealing with my emotions... I never could tell which emotion was what and how I should or could express them...)

Well those are the symptoms that go for teenagers (well I'm 19 so I still count myself as a teenager) so up till here it's me...

Wow thats crazy reading that sounds 100% like me! Ever since freshmen year, kinda scarey lol but imma just ignore it and go on with how im living. I've seemed to break out of the social problems that I've had and I think I owe a lot of that to mushrooms and E(only taken E 3 times but I really think it has made me a more outgoing person.) Ever since drugs came into my life I have actually had fun and been enjoying life lol sad but its true. I met a lot of friends that way and its just been all around great. I'm not a major druggy or anything so I'm still able to have a normal life but when I look back on freshmen-junior year I felt so out of place and weird all the time it just sucked(maybe it was just me growing up...o yea and ance didnt help the situation at all). I never got made fun of and had a group to call my own(friends I made in junior high). I wonder what high school would have been like for me if I went in without any friends. My performance in school dropped to all F's and D-'s but through school counselling and ritalin I was able to get my grades up. Right now I am letting my hair grow like a weed and I only have about 4 different shirts(which is actually the same shirt in different colors, and a couple in the same color lol!) and a couple pairs of jeans I wear mainly because I don't want to use money on that and it really doesnt bother me. I've always had problems sleeping because my mind would not shut up about anything and I was constantly taking sleeping pills to get me to bed. And as for the flattened emotions I have always been a very dull person and never had any emotion to my voice or attitude(this problem is also gone but not completely..thx drugs.) I do feel like a different person now and I'm glad I got over that hump in my life. Don't know if I was/am a schizo or what but I feel cured I still have a lot of my social problems though when meeting new people that I'm not comfortable with but I guess thats just my personality.

Just read the bottom about not being able to make friends this has been a big problem in my life. I have 1 close friend and the rest are either aquaintences(o god I fucked that word up lol) from high school or drug buddies that I never hang out with without some type of drug or alcohol. I have never had a girlfriend or any real relationships and right now I think thats the missing part in my life that I am desperately trying to complete, once I find a women that loves me and I share the same feeling for her then I think that void in my life will be filled as well. I also have some insane anger outbursts over little shit but I believe that is just my bottled up emotions being released I often punch holes into my wall and break shit when I get angery.(I have learned to control this also but sometimes I can't help but sock something repeatedly until I feel better). I also have problems with my speech but thats usually when I'm nervous or meeting someone new.(group interviews suck for me so bad If I hear its a group interview to get the job I usually just decide I dont want to work there anymore.) I have also contemplated suicide because I am a lazy mother fucker and wanted the easy way out(I just thought of all the years im going to have to be living and working and what I really want to do is sit and do nothing, but I would never be sucessful doing nothing so I just force myself to do it.)but I am also one of the hardest working people if I need to be. Every morning that I go to work I have a conversation in my head about not going to work and just quiting with out notice and going back to doing nothing but browse the internet and watch tv until I get kicked out and am eventually homeless and this life doesnt seem like it would bother me at all but I know once I got down that road id end up regreting every fucking step. It seems like I get closer and closer each time to convincing myself that I dont need to be working and thats not how life was meant to be lived slaving away day after day. Sometimes ill sit after waking up thinking about this until its almost time to work and when I figure out that I really do need to go to work I rush and try and get ready and am usually late to work...maybe I need counseling lol I'm not even sure

Edited by Himejime (02/24/06 06:45 PM)

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #5337080 - 02/25/06 03:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FungusMan said:
Well, all of those symptoms you gave can also be passed off as depression.

Sounds like depression to me. If it is, then it's probably easily fixed by antidepressants or psychotherapy.
Either way, talk to a doctor and get a proper diagnosis.

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: I never noticed this... [Re: koppie]
    #5337212 - 02/25/06 06:28 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm diagnosed with depression and I'm was on meds but I quit them for a while 'cause I wasn't happy with them... I'm currently working out my shit with my psych (which I hate!) but it isn't helping really...

I was just being paranoid I guess... Well I'll bring it up to my psych though and see what he thinks...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds