Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Psychedelics and schizophrenia
    #3702648 - 01/30/05 04:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

People with family histories of schizophrenia are advised to not try any psychedelics whatsoever. The same is true of some other mental disorders. But would you actually take your own advice? If your family had a history of schizophrenia would you just say "oh well" and get on with your life? I don't think I would. I'm pretty sure I'd be far too intrigued to pass up the opportunity.

What do you reckon?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Psychedelics and schizophrenia [Re: deafpanda]
    #3702675 - 01/30/05 04:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If I knew I had a higher chance of going crazy from using psychadelics, I would definently stick with melower ones like MJ and MDMA. It wouldn't stop me from chuggin beer and opium tea, however.

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
    #3702691 - 01/30/05 04:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Damn straight- I see where you're coming from. It's completely beyond me how ANY human being can be so ignorant or stupid to ignore the seemingly infinite amount of depth of psychoactive drugs... especially psychadelics. People often view people "tripping" as being effected by a substance which "screws up" or rots your brain... the majority of people don't seem the understand that psychadelics like mushrooms aren't some brain damaging chemical which makes you crazy.

I personally have never take mushrooms or DMT, but I no doubt will in the future regardless of my mentality. Space and oceans may be the final frontier to most humans, but these people will unfortunately never give themselves the chance to have a expedition in another world/dimension.... the world of psychadelics and alternate forms of conciousness.

Oh, and it'd suck to have an underlying mental disorder which would be triggered by psychadelics. I have a lot of anxiety about whether I have one because one of my most ultimate fears is not being able to take mushrooms. I need to work this issue out in my head... and like someone else stated, mental disorders would never stop me from enjoying opium-type drugs.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Edited by SocietyRejects (01/30/05 05:00 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3702697 - 01/30/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I often wonder if my extensive psychedelic use when I was younger exacerbated my current illness (Psychotic Depression, to be truthful). It's hard to tell if studies linking the two are objective and not a result of government anti-drug hysteria. Be that as it may, it may be wise to take SWEDEN's advice on sticking with the milder stuff...

OfflinePeyoteZen
Save The Republic
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Again!
Re: Psychedelics and schizophrenia [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3702986 - 01/30/05 06:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have a bit of an OCD, anxiety, depression, over-analyzing pychosis factor.
But that never stopped me. And i'm glad i chose to mess with psychedelics.
Sure it has pushed my mind into some rough spots, but I am altogether much better off because of the insights i have gained through them.

--------------------

OfflinePiercedfiend
Stranger

Loc: Hanover, Pa
Re: Psychedelics and schizophrenia [Re: PeyoteZen]
    #3703004 - 01/30/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

My boyfriend was diagnosed with schitzophrenia and his favorite drug is acid and he seems ok while on it. I was diagnosed with depression and borderline personality disorder and I never really had anything horrible happen when taking psychedelics.

--------------------

A childs rhyme stuck in my head. It said that life is but a dream. Ive spent so many years in question to find Ive known this all along..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being