Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAkashaPrinciple
Think ForYourself
Male User Gallery

Amazing...
    #5325801 - 02/21/06 10:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Some people following my first grow wouldve noticed i threw out a Contamd jar (about a .5 x .5 cm area at an inoculation site). Well, i didnt exactly throw it out, i just emptied and crumbled the slightly colonized brf caked under about an inch of mulch and soil in my garden just for the fun of it. I know it will probably not grow anything, but the amazing this is, overnight, a mini ecosystem has developed over the area where the mycelium is under. There are small insects, ants and i can even see small insect eggs on the surface. I am just absolutely amazed at how fast life was attracted into the area, i heard an interview with Paul Stamets where he talks about this and how fast mucelium networks bring life to an area, but i had no idea that it was this fast, and this visible, just wanted to share this because i was so taken aback.

--------------------
And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping. The moon tells me a secret.
"My confidant, As full and bright as I am, this light is not my own,
A million light reflections pass over me, It's source is bright and endless"

TOOL - 'Reflection'

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: Amazing... [Re: AkashaPrinciple]
    #5325848 - 02/21/06 10:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thats great!

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
Mr. Nice Guy
 User Gallery

Re: Amazing... [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5325937 - 02/21/06 10:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That is pretty cool - I'm surprised it was overnight. I'm going to try it out as soon as I have some cakes I can waste...I'll try to take some pictures too.

OfflineAkashaPrinciple
Think ForYourself
Male User Gallery

Re: Amazing... [Re: Room4Shroom]
    #5326015 - 02/21/06 11:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeh i was surprised it was overnight too, although the insects were probably nearby and have just been attracted to it, but the amount of activity going on is amazing. I tried to get some pictures but my digi cam is absolutely aweful at focusing on small objects, its really not a good clusup camera at all.

--------------------
And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping. The moon tells me a secret.
"My confidant, As full and bright as I am, this light is not my own,
A million light reflections pass over me, It's source is bright and endless"

TOOL - 'Reflection'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds