Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
My dream home
    #5233554 -



Not that one exactly, but a geodesic dome home. I also want to make a bunch of the panels on top of the dome into solar panels so I can make my own electricity. I could also use biodiesel to heat the dome. One day I will live in one of those, and it will rock.

Oh yeah, I'll also have an observatory type dome thing with a very nice telescope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: DNKYD]
    #5233680 -

Buckminster would be proud.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: DNKYD]
    #5233707 -

whats the advantage of a design like that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Vvellum]
    #5233709 -

Water falls down evenly i guess

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: ChronicStiffy]
    #5233714 -

Less surface area exposed, per square foot of housing.

Cheaper to cool.
Cheaper to heat.

Theres other advantages I can't think of, as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Vvellum]
    #5233722 -

bi0 said:
whats the advantage of a design like that?



I'm not sure about the aerodynamics aspect, but I think that'd be a perfect type of house for solar panels.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5233790 -

I seen a couple of those homes before, I wouldn't mind being mostly self sufficient, making my own heat and electricity would save me a ton of money, and if the world goes to hell, I'll still have electricity and heat, probably a well for water.
Have a big green house to grow my own fruits and vegetables, along with other things...

Hell yeah!

Then I go to work and just have to pay my mortgage, and any new upgrades to the house, save what I would have had spent of food, heat, and water, and put it into a slow but stable trust funds for retirement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Cutter]
    #5236032 -

They can also withstand winds of 200 mph! And as 24hoursago said:

Quote:
Less surface area exposed, per square foot of housing.

Cheaper to cool.
Cheaper to heat.

Theres other advantages I can't think of, as well.



Domes use less building material than conventional homes for the same amount of square footage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: DNKYD]
    #5236047 -

bleck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: goobler]
    #5236056 -

aw, comeon goobs... domes aren't that bad....


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: DNKYD]
    #5236130 -

DNKYD said:
I also want to make a bunch of the panels on top of the dome into solar panels so I can make my own electricity.



I uploaded an assload of ebooks on the subject

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: mediman0078]
    #5236132 -

mediman0078 said:
aw, comeon goobs... domes aren't that bad....



they look bad

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: DNKYD]
    #5236143 -

I like them, I got to work on one once.

Building supplys are also cheaper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Adom]
    #5236151 -

actualy concrete construction is cheaper, one drawback to dome homes is hanging
things on the walls, you really have to plan ahead for that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: DNKYD]
    #5236218 -

Here's mine:




:eyemouth:


--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5236219 -

My friend has one. The thought of taping one of those things makes me cringe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5236241 -

Prisoner#1 said:
mediman0078 said:
aw, comeon goobs... domes aren't that bad....



they look bad



Your face does...


--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5236294 -

Stonerguy said:
Prisoner#1 said:
mediman0078 said:
aw, comeon goobs... domes aren't that bad....



they look bad



Your face does...



:owned:


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: Konnrade]
    #5236298 -

w3rd h0mm13


--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My dream home [Re: DNKYD]
    #5236396 -

This is my dream house. Click the link for the full description of the property. I'm seriously considering buying it.




http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Negal001


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DoITyourself: How to add an electrical outlet to the closet
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 8,809 25 09/12/03 10:20 AM
by Anonymous
* Dreams?? Had a good one recently??
( 1 2 all )
Psilocybeingzz 2,484 20 03/28/07 05:36 AM
by unbeliever
* Who Killed the Electric Car? -the movie, and check out this sweet ride by Tesla Motors gettinjiggywithit 2,083 10 01/15/07 01:20 AM
by SneezingPenis
* Girl with nice voice needed for few words recording in a dream project!
( 1 2 all )
Psiledehysp 4,402 30 01/12/06 07:42 PM
by DeathCompany
* Lucid dream DoorsFan 702 9 09/24/07 08:59 PM
by CantiSama
* Sex Dreams
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,382 27 10/02/05 07:26 PM
by Spooge
* Creatures in your dreams DNKYD 678 6 09/30/06 10:10 PM
by Dark_Star
* earliest dream you can recall from childhood
( 1 2 all )
Bi0TeK 3,697 34 05/10/06 08:20 PM
by Harmonic_Order

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
989 topic views. 6 members, 13 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.