Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
Double Tub+ Pan Cyan?
    #4223564 - 05/26/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was thinking of doing that for my next grow, has anybody read about somebody trying this? I assume itd work fine, but then again I havent exactly read up on Pan Cyans specific needs as of yet, but I was just wondering :smile:  Thx guys!

P.S. Yall made my first couple of grows possible :laugh: Thank you!

--------------------
----I excel in not giving a shit...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: Kaydren]
    #4223621 - 05/26/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

B+ Double Tubs.  The 2nd one is the biggun'.  5 1/2 in deep substrate, 1/2 in deep casing (60/40 verm).  Both pics taken about 5 days ago before casing & patching.. letting it all even out before pinning.  3 more days or so.

I sugguest you look on the growing paramiters of these mushies.  Why not try a cube in the Double Tub?? It's a VERY good investment for the average lazy man :wink:.  I don't touch mine, just peek.  They colonize FAST, and the ryzoooooos!!  :thumbup: 

Good luck mang

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4223636 - 05/26/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i'm not familiar with the term Double Tub.
can you elaborate, or post a link so that people will know what you're talking about?

Pan Cyan isn't usually recommend for your first grow, but maybe you have some botany, or chem lab experience?

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: deanofmean]
    #4223679 - 05/26/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Click the link above in my post to see mine, or CLICK HERE to see Eatualive's Double Toub Tek. It's pretty brilliant, but a VERY long thread and worth the read. It origionated from mushimush. One tub w/ polyfil stuffed in 1in holes in the side of a flat topped Rubbermade latch type container. Very cheap, very low matinence.. very effective. It's working a hell of a lot better for me than the bulk substrate I'm doing in a regular pan w/ regular fanning / misting. Damned it all..

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: deanofmean]
    #4223687 - 05/26/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thx guys, but Pan Cyan isnt a Cubie :frown:  And Dean thx but its not my FIRST grow ;P I just needed to know if anybody has done a DOuble tub with Pan Cyans? :laugh: Thx tho

--------------------

Edited by Kaydren (05/26/05 05:54 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4225136 - 05/27/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dont do pan cyans for your first grow. Also dont do the double tub, wont work. Pan Cyans need WAY more fresh air exchange then cubies. You'll need some sort of air exchange.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4109909/an/0/page/0

Theres alot of info in there, some tips and such. Really though, you try this out and your gonna end up real sad when you dont have any mushrooms. Cubies are grown because they are SOOOOO easy..its hard to not get any mushrooms in an attempt or two. Experienced growers often have troubles with these...I did.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4225151 - 05/27/05 01:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This what I thought when I saw the Title of this Thread

Quote:

Pan Cyans need WAY more fresh air exchange then cubies. You'll need some sort of air exchange.

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4226393 - 05/27/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh alright, thanks! :smile:  So I should jsut do the regular fan misting? or can I try the pan cyans in a cheap greenhouse/martha setup?  Thx for the info then! Glad I didnt gather stuff for a double tub set up :P

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4227441 - 05/27/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not even sure if regular fanning will be enough for pan cyans. You'd be good getting yourself a cool mist or a fish pump with bubblewands (look up PMP, poor mans pod).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
    #4230722 - 05/28/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry*** I have a 96 quart Rubbermaid with a massiveee air pump on it LoL.... Im looking into a 4 tier greenhouse setup actually, anybody mind tossing me a link to somebodys? Ive read alot about HippieChicks greenhouse, but Im just wondering if anybody can provide me with more info? Like I dunno, but thanks guys!

--------------------

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #4230738 - 05/28/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineKaydren
Mystic Hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: Arp]
    #4230894 - 05/28/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey!!! Wow Arp! Thanks!  That guy can pull off a Pan Cyan double tub, maybe Ill start experimenting! :laugh: :laugh:  That just made me excited!

--------------------

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
    #5218727 - 01/24/06 05:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Bump for any more info on this. I would think it would work if more holes were drilled and stuffed but I may be wrong. Thoughts?

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: llopez00]
    #5218802 - 01/24/06 05:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

it should do fine as is, or you could bubble air from a pump through some water and then tube that air into the double tub. i think this was seen on like mushmush or something. it was a double tub with air bubbling for pan cyans.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #5225164 - 01/26/06 08:17 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Cool because I really want to try these. I've heard that not even 7 grams of cubies will equal the trip of 1 or 2 grams of pans. I think what I'll do is double the amount of holes on the top and bottom tubs (8 instead of 4) with an oscillating desk fan blowing on the tub instead of just circulating air around the room. This way it will probably help drop the humidity a little also because, if I'm not misinformed, pans likes humidity around 80-85% instead of near 100% for cubies.

Edited by llopez00 (01/26/06 08:20 AM)

InvisibleTsinaglou
learning...
Male
Loc: midwest
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan?-yes [Re: llopez00]
    #5227487 - 01/26/06 06:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

edit: a day later and they're looking suspiciously like young CUBES! :frown:  I hate syringe mix ups!  Sorry for the misinformation!!! :crazy:

Pan. cyan. aussie liquid culture to wild bird seed, when colonized completely (fast!) used to spawn Tenn stud poo, colonized at 82 degrees, cased with 50/50 + 10% lime.  Used a large, disposable aluminum tray. When the myc. broke through it was put in a single large transparent plastic tub with eight 1 1/2 inch fiberfil stuffed holes (four near top, four near bottom).  Suprisingly this survived temperatures from 58 to 72 and pinned in about 2 1/2 weeks.  It's been several days and they're moving fast now.  Beginners luck! I suggest you try it!

Moisture; there was always a little condensation on the sides but never much.  I only misted a few times at the very beginning.

Edited by Tsinaglou (01/27/06 07:29 AM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #5227595 - 01/26/06 06:59 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Dont do pan cyans for your first grow. Also dont do the double tub, wont work. Pan Cyans need WAY more fresh air exchange then cubies. You'll need some sort of air exchange.

Thats not completely true. Ive never grown pan cyans myself, but according to TMC,

Pan cyans fresh air exchange for primordia formation 2 per hour

Psil cube 1-3 per hour.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Double Tub+ Pan Cyan? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5228928 - 01/26/06 10:37 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
Quote:

scatmanrav said:

Thats not completely true. Ive never grown pan cyans myself, but according to TMC,

Pan cyans fresh air exchange for primordia formation 2 per hour

Psil cube 1-3 per hour.

I'm fairly sure if you look, both are listed at 1-3 per hour.

However I said NEED...cubies can be in a sealed box, hand faned once a day, and you will get pins and mushrooms. The figures in TMC are for best results, and yes, they both SHOULD have 1-3 per hour, but cubensis can get away with 1 a day, Pan Cyans WONT pin with that minimum air exchange, if they do fruit, youll be lucky to get a gram.

I have grown both and stand by them having stricter fresh air needs compared to cubensis. However I am not so sure in the double tub and how little fresh air it exchanges. When I first replied to this post a while ago (this is a quite old post), I felt air exchanges werent very good in a double tub, but with polyfil holes, especially with a fan in the room, I think its has a possiblity of working. I have not used true double tubs (no fanning) so I dont know, but if the air exchange isnt provided, the pans wont pin. Even if you have the minimum to pin, without multiple air exchanges per hour, you dont get nice big caps and good sporalation.

If that was confusing, 7 months ago I suspected the DT of not providing that much air exchange, now I think it does..I still do say though that pan cyans require more (at minimums) fresh air exchanges then cubensis.

--------------------

Edited by scatmanrav (01/26/06 10:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract