Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Dunking to induce pins?
    #521688 -

I have a some cakes of eqs and it's been a few weeks since they fully colonized and I have no pins. I cold shocked them but I still have no pins. I'm wondering if dunking them in water for 24 hours would be smart since I noticed that last time I did this it made my mushrooms pin and grow faster. Any ideas?


--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking to induce pins? [Re: Juggles]
    #521973 -

Go for it. I had the same thing happen so I descided to dunk an vuala pins. What I did is just filled the jars that they were birthed from with water and stuck the cake in, put the lid on and birthed them again the next day. I dont think you'll need a full 24 hours, 12 will probably do fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking to induce pins? [Re: blahblahblah]
    #522428 -

will 24 hours be detrimental?


--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking to induce pins? [Re: Juggles]
    #522487 -

if your cake needs dunking just to pin then you have substrate problems..increase the water. Dunking should only be used after the cake has flushed *at least* once and needs to be rehydrated. If you think your water content is fine, then just be patient.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dunking to induce pins? [Re: fresh357]
    #522549 -

My substrate seems a little on the dry, but not bone dry. But I can't think of any reason that I would wan't to dunk. Could dunking be detrimental to the cakes?


--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Inducing pinning for casings? cookiewhore 1,999 5 02/28/02 06:26 AM
by SlamDog_C
* inducing pinning Incognito 2,991 4 02/06/02 02:52 PM
by angryshroom
* inducing pinning with mazatapec? IKTOMI 2,585 3 03/03/02 12:59 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Induce pinning Mattycelium 2,841 6 03/30/09 06:37 PM
by lgm0420
* how to induce pinning on a casing I_Stain_Blue 2,801 13 01/28/03 08:20 AM
by Azmodeus
* dunking with pins thisone 1,655 7 11/19/02 08:22 PM
by daussaulit
* When to try to induce pinning suzie_girl 1,774 2 01/07/02 11:42 AM
by BeppoMarx
* dunking with pins!?! SavageHuxley 1,746 5 02/02/03 01:54 AM
by Prisoner#1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,738 topic views. 19 members, 525 guests and 408 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.