Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Inducing pinning for casings?
    #564843 - 02/27/02 02:03 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

I've read so many differnt posts and teks about inducing pinning with casing method

i use rye grain substrate and 50/50+ case mixture.
my first few pans were put into the chamber after the case was about 25% covered with mycelial growth. buit then ive read teks that say as soon as mycelium starts growing in a few of the valleys of the case, throw it in the terrarium

What is the proper method here?
Open to all suggestions

Also, for casing, what do you folks use for casing mix

i made mine with;
15 cups verm
15cups peat
2cups limestone
(should i increase the limestone???)

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Inducing pinning for casings? [Re: cookiewhore]
    #564864 - 02/27/02 02:36 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

when growing shrooms ther is no one "right" method. great results have been obtained from many different methods & tek and combinations of methods. i suggest that if you have more than one casing, try it both ways. place one in the terranium as soon as you see mycelial groth and place the other in after more mycelial growth . then you can see which way you think is best for you. the best teacher is experience not what someone else say is the best way do do something.

as far as your casing recipe goes, mke a note of hat measurements you mixed up this time and on your next btch add more or less limestone and see if if changes your results any.
good luck!!
peace!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (02/27/02 02:42 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#564911 - 02/27/02 03:26 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

The above response is correct.

However, to determine when to put your casings in the terrarium, is greatly effected by the strain you are growing. If you're going to try to fruit a fast colonizer like a PESA, PR, EQ strain, you would most likely want to patch your first aggressive growths, then put into the terr ASAP. Slower colonizers like B+, you should just wait to see a few equal spots along the valleys of the casing and then put them in.

There is no real reason to let your casing colonize. It defeats the purpose of a casing layer. I think all you need to know is if the mycelium has come close to the surface or not, and then you know when to put them in. (Seeing the mycelium in the valleys of the casing).

I just use straight coir, it works OK, but haven't really had the desire to try anything else! :smile:

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #565336 - 02/27/02 11:33 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

24 hours for the fast colonizers, and 48hors for the slow ones, then put in the terrarium. Im just being real broad cuz im in a hurry but the less white the better on top. You want the top casing layer to do its thing.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineSlamDog_C
enthusiast
Re: Inducing pinning for casings? [Re: Northernsoul]
    #565471 - 02/28/02 03:00 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

A FOAF has an 8X8X2 brownie pan with 1/2 inch 50/50 1 inch sustrate and 1/2 inch 50/50. He put it in the incubator las night around this time at 76 degrees
the strain is Eq and it has grown really fast in the jars
Should he put it into the terranium and birth it now?

OfflineSlamDog_C
enthusiast
Re: Inducing pinning for casings? [Re: SlamDog_C]
    #565523 - 02/28/02 06:26 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Well he birthed it into a small terranium so i guess he'll have to wait and see

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale