Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Southern California ID??
    #5134616 -

Hello, These grow in the Santa Monica Mountains in So Cal.

They grow on the ground in fallen oak leaves just after a heavy rain.

Spore print is white - the photo is off.

The flesh does not change color when sliced/bruised.

Gills are attached to stem.

The whole mushroom has a yellow/orange tint to it.

I think its an oyster but I want to be very sure as I intend to eat them if so.








Edited by pelon (01/03/06 01:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: An Oyster Mushroom?? [Re: pelon]
    #5134886 -

Given that the gills aren't decurrent and the spore print isn't white, I would have to say it isn't an oyster mushroom.


--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: An Oyster Mushroom?? [Re: baycafe]
    #5134920 -

baycafe said:
Given that the gills aren't decurrent and the spore print isn't white, I would have to say it isn't an oyster mushroom.



The spore print is pure white - ignore the color of the photo as it is slightly off.

Any ideas of what it is then?

Edited by pelon (01/03/06 01:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: An Oyster Mushroom?? [Re: pelon]
    #5135248 -

The prominent stem, lack of decurrent gills, and terrestrial habitat rule out Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus).

Many mushroom genera drop white spores. I don't know what your mushroom is but I'm sure it is not an oyster. I'm wanting to say Hygrophorus, but I wouldn't bet more than 50/50 on that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Southern California ID?? [Re: pelon]
    #5136177 -

That looks like a Tricholoma. There are several yellow species of Tricholoma, some of them inedible (possibly poisonous).

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Southern California - Orange & LA County Hunting Jackolantern 5,028 4 09/29/03 06:54 AM
by angryshroom
* In Southern California? navyseals101 2,137 5 10/20/04 08:05 PM
by Gumby
* Southern California spots? Dancin Gir 13 2,239 2 12/29/02 08:23 PM
by Gumby
* Need ID for these mushies *PICS* TheDrugStore 1,353 4 04/14/04 10:27 AM
by ThatDaltonGuy
* Id like to hunt shrooms , but i think i have a ... EvilShroomer 2,616 8 10/11/02 04:28 PM
by EvilShroomer
* cubensis in california steved693 9,447 16 03/02/05 08:35 AM
by mjshroomer
* ID? 40oz 2,164 12 04/27/02 01:02 AM
by 40oz
* ID Request TheCow 1,139 5 10/08/03 04:10 PM
by TheCow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,169 topic views. 1 members, 21 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.